The true paragon fix

General Discussion
Lets face it, you are either paragon 3000 plus and love towering over everyone else, or you are the other 99% who feel like you have no real shot....here is your fix blizzard...The higher your paragon the less experience you recieve in addition to the normal more exp required...lower paragons in turn get MORE exp to help close the gap.lets be real here....paragon 3000s are leveling FASTER than 1000s due to access to higher content...remember the good ol days of diablo 2 where it took weeks and months to get a level? Lets return to that so the whole playerbase can have a punchers chance at a nice leaderboard spot
I think you wrong.

Grind 1300 this season
Grind 1300 next season
Grind 1300 in S13

Be 2000+

I am ~2500 now. If I would grind same paragon as you could, during next 3 seasons I will be.... wait for it...

Yes, if you and me play same way for next 3 seasons, both starting from same scratch, I will gain less than 300 paragon point and you will gain more than 1000.

Paragon is designed in a way,that in time EVERYBODY who will put the time down will reach more or less 10% raw power differential.

If you cannot put the time down, why you feel entitled to have same results as someone who work for their benefits?

Paragon ALREADY have "diminishing return" because

1. Higher you are, more xp you need to reach next level

2. Augmentation makes gap much smaller than you think

If my pushing, fully augmented in 100-105 builds have total of 20000 mainstat, your pushing and fully augmented builds will have maybe 5000 less. Which makes the differance between us less than 30%, which doesn't even translate into more than 3 GR levels (that's very pessimistic scenario, in reality it is less of a gap)

So, bottom line, don't ask for handicap measures because you don't feel like grinding. Making yourself stronger thru weakening others is a sign of weak mind.
If you're too lazy to level, you're too lazy to fish for rifts. Blizzard could give you 2000 paragon right now and I seriously doubt you would be willing to fail rift after rift for a week to get the right one.

You don't actually understand what you're asking for. You'd just come back crying about something else if you got it. You will never be on the leaderboard. This game rewards the people that put in time. That will never change.

Also the true paragon fix is a cap of 1500 or 2000 in seasons so the grind can actually end for people. Leave it uncapped in NS for fun shenanigans. Most of the people that quit or botted that used to top the leaderboards, quit because grinding paragon for 3 months so you can push the last week is just stupid gameplay design.
These replies are silly, yes grind 1300 paragons for 3 seasons in a row and you will be 2700....1000 below the top players of season 10...thats some good logic...because the paragon 3500 players wont be 5000 in 3 seasons or anything....ive played this game since launch...on and off so yeah i dont deserve top paragon honors...but notice the gap getting bigger and bigger...thats an issue that screams change needs to be made to either exp gained or exp needed at a certain paragon threshold. Alienating your players who cant play 16 hours a day is stupid, the system should reward time with power, but not 1500 paragon vs 5000 paragon power...you keep adding mmo mechanics to diablo why not go full circle and implement catch up mechanics to prevent stupid gaps in power to the extreme extent we already see. When a paragon 3000 is leveling faster than me because he can spam 115s and i wont get accepted into 90s thats an issue that cant really be solved, you should be getting like 1% a run at that level. But the grift system ensures you always level decently fast creating an endlessly expanding gap....capping paragons is the most retarded solution you could come up with. It is the ONLY thing in this game that doesnt lean on rng to progress and it is sorely needed in the game.
>50% of people with 2500+ paragon right now use(d) bots to get there. Sure, some might have legit grinded their levels out, but lets be real...
07/24/2017 01:44 PMPosted by XS3NIGMA
Lets face it, you are either paragon 3000 plus and love towering over everyone else, or you are the other 99% who feel like you have no real shot....here is your fix blizzard...The higher your paragon the less experience you recieve in addition to the normal more exp required...lower paragons in turn get MORE exp to help close the gap.lets be real here....paragon 3000s are leveling FASTER than 1000s due to access to higher content...remember the good ol days of diablo 2 where it took weeks and months to get a level? Lets return to that so the whole playerbase can have a punchers chance at a nice leaderboard spot

You don't deserve anything if you aren't willing to put the time in to earn it. Those high paragon players earned it (or botted, thats something else for another day).

Theres always going to be people who are higher than others because they have a lot more time to put into the game.
The easiest fix to this problem is two fold and absolutely infallible.

1.) Cap legendary gems at whatever rank.

2.) Create a little check box at the GRift selection screen that says "Leaderboard".

When you check that box your stats are capped at whatever number. Be it 14,000 or 15,000 or whatever Blizzards metrics determine to be the mean.

Done and done.

Parity accomplished.

Now all you have to do is deal with all the whiners screaming about how since they have more time to waste playing a video game that they should be entitled to better odds at achieveing faster clear times, ergo higher rankings. Because that's the nature of video games. No matter what you do someone is going to whine about something.
remember the good ol days of diablo 2 where it took weeks and months to get a level? Lets return to that so the whole playerbase can have a punchers chance at a nice leaderboard spot

if you can grind on d2 , you can grind on d3

quit lumping everyone together. I don't compare my gaming progress to others and care not for the LBs so paragon is just fine to me. And we get it. you are sad this is d3 and not a shiny version of d2.
Who cares about paragon 3000 or leaderboards.
even if I dont play for 2 years.
I can come back at start of a season and will be on a even playing field as everyone else
The issue is being ignored, the fact that paragons are accounted for in matchmaking means that the gap needs to be closed so the entire community can have a reasonable chance to match with eachother, the fact alone that paragon 5000 no lifers are leveling faster than 1000s is assinine and needs to be addressed...you earned your paragon "maybe" but having a 4000 gap between no life lenny and casual kate is not healthy for the game...
08/08/2017 01:56 PMPosted by XS3NIGMA
The issue is being ignored

Not really, just not many agree with you.
the fact that paragons are accounted for in matchmaking means that the gap needs to be closed

No. People who put in the time get the paragon levels. If you don't like it maybe you should find another game.
that paragon 5000 no lifers are leveling faster

Resorting to insults doesn't help your argument.
Grind 1300 this season
Grind 1300 next season
Grind 1300 in S13

I'm around ~650 on season and GR exp is too slow to farm - will take ages (~GR75 I can do now) until 1300.

I don't play groups, I'm solo player, so 1300 is something that I would not really easily "grind" during season. Got the stash tab, end of season for me.

ps. ~1030 on non-season, and I'm casually playing since very first release. Yea, I know what are you going to say.. Thats me, true. But still, for me - 2000 is something, that I'll never have without another power creep by Blizz.
08/06/2017 12:54 PMPosted by IAM
Who cares about paragon 3000 or leaderboards.

Very true! I don't. But I also don't like progress slowdown ~GR75 that average player like me have, when exp is slow and no BIS items on character...

ps. yes, I love power creeps :D
07/24/2017 02:57 PMPosted by S4v4G3
Grind 1300 this season
Grind 1300 next season
Grind 1300 in S13

Be 2000+

Actually...

Grind 1300 in season 11. Become 1300 non-seasonal when season ends.
Grind 1300 in season 12. Become 1594 non-seasonal when season ends.
Grind 1300 in season 13. Become 1818 non-seasonal when season ends.
Grind 1300 in season 14. Become 2007 non-seasonal when season ends.

http://www.d3bg.org/paragon-calculator/en.php
Stop comparing others to you. Someone will be better than you. Accept it. Thats the world we live in. If you dont accept, feel free to go to NASA and pay millions and fly to other planet and live alone. That way, no one will ever be better than you. Higher paragons means they have no life and grind all day. Do you want that? Be thankful you have a life, that why youre low on paragon. Please, just stop complaining. Read this lines... "WE CAN'T HAVE IT ALL. PERIOD"
07/24/2017 02:57 PMPosted by S4v4G3
Paragon is designed in a way,that in time EVERYBODY who will put the time down will reach more or less 10% raw power differential.

If you cannot put the time down, why you feel entitled to have same results as someone who work for their benefits?

I find this to be absolutely retarded notion. Here is why:

"EVERYBODY who will put the time down"

First, I have already put more than 5 thousand hours on this game. Not all in Reaper of Souls and many of them in earlier seasons, when it was significantly harder to grind than it is now, which is why you may have someone, who has put in the time, but he wasn't rewarded equally to someone, who put in less time, but just in RoS.

Second, why should the game be all about time spent? Diablo II certainly wasn't just about time spent.
remember the good ol days of diablo 2 where it took weeks and months to get a level

What lvl are you talking about? Must be about 96+ or something like that...

In Diablo 2 there was a cap and you didn't even need to reach that cap.
In two days of solo play you can reach 80 and beat the game on all three difficulties. A day or less of group play will get you to 86 and you'll out-level all the monsters.
And you could farm to 99 if you wanted, but that would grant you merely 13 extra skill points and 65 stat points. These are miniscule compared to what happens in Reaper of Souls, when someone is 2K paragon higher than you and has 10K more main stat.

Paragon 2.0 (the uncapped paragon we have now) was designed to mimic private servers of MU Online (one of the dumbest games in existence) and not anything related to Diablo. It's stupid and inconsistent with the previous games. It's also a system, that rewards botters more than anyone else.
It is perfectly natural, that some players are not happy with the system and would like it to be closer to what Diablo is.

However, the name of your barb called Masochist is sufficient indication as to why you don't seem to be able to take all those factors into account.
08/04/2017 01:12 PMPosted by XS3NIGMA
Alienating your players who cant play 16 hours a day is stupid

I couldn't agree more. Throughout the years Blizz alienated so many people from the game, it's not even funny.

The few people, who remain are laughable. People who want power for time spent are just afraid, that someone who is better at the game may outshine them, that's why they need 10K main stat on top of what others are having in order to be able to guarantee themselves spots in groups.
Absolutely pathetic...
08/09/2017 05:21 AMPosted by Edward
Higher paragons means they have no life and grind all day.

Or that they cheat.

This got discussed on the EU forums recently...
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/17616542328
...where it was pointed out that the players in the top 4-man seasonal team were averaging over twenty two and a quarter hours a day of playtime since the start of the season. There's no way that's possible without account sharing, botting or both.
As stated above though, paragons don't make huge differences in the GR gap because the way GR's scale per level. If your not within 5 or 10 levels of GR, paragon level isn't your problem to get on leaderboards.

08/09/2017 07:18 AMPosted by Meteorblade
08/09/2017 05:21 AMPosted by Edward
Higher paragons means they have no life and grind all day.

Or that they cheat.

This got discussed on the EU forums recently...
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/17616542328
...where it was pointed out that the players in the top 4-man seasonal team were averaging over twenty two and a quarter hours a day of playtime since the start of the season. There's no way that's possible without account sharing, botting or both.

Just have to make sure that people are looking at the right playtime though. Most playtime stats that are on your profile is your total character player time "INCLUDING" rebirths which doesn't reset your playtime. To see actual season playtime is a bit roundabout and not easily available.