Seasonal journey bug

Bug Report
achievement txt missing, as well as the whole seasonal journey
which cause i cant complete seasonal achievement and collect Haedrig's gift.
i already scan/fix which shows no issue, after that i re-install D3 and it doesnt work.
try to logon to EU and Asia, switch language.
NONE OF THOSE WORKING!!!!!!!!!
Try switching region:
  • Switch to other region (e.g. Europe if you were playing on Americas region)
  • Create a hero if no hero on that region
  • Create a game and open the achievement/season journey
  • Exit D3
  • Switch back to main region and retest
  • If it doesn't help, try the following methods.

Try this:
  • Quit any game and blizzard.app
  • Go into C:\ProgramData\ folder.
  • Delete the cache directories (whole directory, not just the cache subdirectory):
    • C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
      C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment

• Restart computer.
  • Note that: anti-virus and firewall settings may also cause the issue.
  • Temporarily turn off anti-virus and firewall to verify.
    Note that some routers have built-in firewall; you may need to turn off them too.
    If you proof that the problem is at anti-virus/firewall, then you need to fix them.
    How to configure router/firewall: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7842

Above steps work for most cases. If it didn't work for you, try deleting these folders as well.
    • Go into %APPDATA% folder.
    • Delete the directory:
      • %APPDATA%\Battle.net

• Go into %LOCALAPPDATA% folder.
    • Delete the directory:
      • %LOCALAPPDATA%\Battle.net

• Restart computer

(Press Win+R, enter "%APPDATA%", for example.)

(Above didn't mention to delete %APPDATA%\Blizzard Entertainment and %LOCALAPPDATA%\Blizzard Entertainment, but I guess it is safe to delete them.)

Other workarounds:
    - run as Administrator role: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24075
    - set up DNS:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20758335880#post-11
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20743725450#post-12
    - reinstalling the game. See this article for a clean uninstallation:
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/30333

Remind: don't forget to "Mark as Solution" on your original thread if you find these workaround useful. Please feedback on your thread for which step helped in your case. That may be helpful for future readers.

Please don't reply this thread because necro-ing an older thread may get the thread locked by mod.
    ----------------------
    Update 2018: Edit after a year because this post has been referenced quite often, I consolidate some other workarounds from other posts for easy reference by future readers.
    Update 2019: Add "Switching Region" as first method.
    fixed, cheers
    Thanks a lot, worked for me as well *like
    I have the same issue. I do not have C:\ProgramData. Where else could this folder be located?

Win 10 pro 64. Game is installed on C: Norton does not have an option to disable that I can find. Only way to turn it off is to uninstall. I had no issue in season 10.
    The folder is hidden... you need to either enable view hidden folders or use the search bar in file explorer
    07/24/2017 04:40 AMPosted by Boubou
    The folder is hidden... you need to either enable view hidden folders or use the search bar in file explorer

Thank you. Will try it when I get home.
    Problem solved. Thank you!
    I have the same issue, sadly this "fix" does not work for me.

Maybe i should mention that there is no C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment directory for me.

I tried to turn off my anti-virus and firewall, but that doesnt work either.
    Fix and Repair did not change anything as well.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you in advance!
    08/12/2017 11:22 AMPosted by PestisAtra
    Maybe i should mention that there is no C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment directory for me.

07/24/2017 04:40 AMPosted by Boubou

ProgramData folder is hidden by the system.
    Simply press Win+R
    Then type:
    C:\ProgramData
    and press Enter, will open the directory on a file Explorer.
    i did that, the C:\ProgramData\Battle.net directory was there, but no Blizzard Entertainment directory!

Edit: The problem is (partially) solved; it seems to be a network problem. Once i launched the game using a VPN connection the Journey was displayed!
    After further testing: I just had to use a different DNS-Server.
    08/12/2017 12:38 PMPosted by PestisAtra
    i did that, the C:\ProgramData\Battle.net directory was there, but no Blizzard Entertainment directory!

Edit: The problem is (partially) solved; it seems to be a network problem. Once i launched the game using a VPN connection the Journey was displayed!
    After further testing: I just had to use a different DNS-Server.

what dns server did you use?
    @Judgment
    If you haven't tried to delete the cache folders, I suggest you to try them first because it worked for most of the cases. The procedure was listed above.

I don't know which dns server used by PestisAtra. But, you may try Google DNS:
    https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/
    09/15/2017 01:30 AMPosted by Maskraider
    @Judgment
    If you haven't tried to delete the cache folders, I suggest you to try them first because it worked for most of the cases. The procedure was listed above.

I don't know which dns server used by PestisAtra. But, you may try Google DNS:
    https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Maskraider, I have tried that as well, here is the things that I have tried.
    - Deleted the cache from c:battle.net and c:battle.net\entertainment
    - uninstall/reinstall the blizzard app
    - uninstall/reinstall diablo3
    - scan and repair
    - my DNS is on google dns now
    - logging in to EU create character logback in to US still the same! No progress
    - turned off my antivirus, my firewall doesnt blocked my blizzard app, diablo3 as well.
    I think that's it, I have tried every ways that I have checked in the forums because its been days since I am not progressing on my season achievement. I have reported it to the customer service but they want me to post it here in the Bug Forums, but no reply from THE BLUES!

Really frustrated! Really!
    @Judgment
    You may try one more thing. In some rare cases, few players have to delete these folders as well.
    • Delete the directory:
      • %APPDATA%\Battle.net

• Delete the directory:

• Restart computer

(Above didn't mention to delete %APPDATA%\Blizzard Entertainment and %LOCALAPPDATA%\Blizzard Entertainment, but I guess it is safe to delete them.)
    If you have done all above, then I have no further suggestion.page.
    09/15/2017 04:48 AMPosted by Maskraider
    @Judgment
    You may try one more thing. In some rare cases, few players have to delete these folders as well.
    • Delete the directory:
      • %APPDATA%\Battle.net

• Delete the directory:

• Restart computer

If you have done all above, then I have no further suggestion.page.

YAY!!! It worked Maskraider(Black)! Thanks mahn! I will post again if thing bugged still persist! I have tried deleting that suggestion you gave me! Thank you so much!
    09/15/2017 05:59 AMPosted by Judgment
    YAY!!! It worked Maskraider(Black)!
    Glad to hear this.
    Nah mahn! When I logged out yesterday and logged back in same missing achievement! Now, i am trying again with your suggestion and it is not working! Really crap! as in!
    09/15/2017 06:54 PMPosted by Judgment
    Nah mahn! When I logged out yesterday and logged back in same missing achievement! Now, i am trying again with your suggestion and it is not working! Really crap! as in!
    Too bad to hear it.
    If you'd got it work yesterday, then I think we can rule out problems in antivirus/firewall.
    Then, likely the cache corrupted again. So you may need to delete the directories once more:
      C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
      C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment
      %APPDATA%\Battle.net
      %LOCALAPPDATA%\Battle.net
    • Restart computer.

If problem persists, you may need to run a health test on your hard disk.
    It is not working anymore. I have tried right now the work around still not working. I have run a health test on my hard disk any there is no error even tried to test for my hard disk. Damn, really frustrated with this one, I don't know if the thousands of players I am the only one who has this kind of stupid issue. Damn really frustrating!