LazyNecro: Anti-Carpal Tunnel - UPDATED 2.6.1

Necromancer
1 2 3 26 Next
Firstly, if you're new, check the "2.6 ver and build premise ideas" section found further down for background and meat and potatoes of the build. This section expands on that base premise which I will not be repeating because I hate repeating myself. I'm lazy. That's why I use this build in the first place.

Secondly, this addendum is designed and thought about for the new player and average player in mind. When I think of builds I try to think in terms that don't revolve around having obscene paragon levels, high augments or high gem levels in order to be functional. You will note in the video provided I INTENTIONALLY dropped my stats down to reflect a more average to below average stat array.

So, that said, Stranger Things 2 came out and I decided to do some binge watching on NetFlix. As always I fired up the ole' D3 and tinkered around with 2.6.1 now that it's live.

☠️ Passives:
I decided to go a different route this time around. Again, with a lower stat character in mind. So passives selected:
    - Stand Alone (obviously)
    - Fueled by Death (speed)
    - Rigor Mortis (DPS)
    - Eternal Torment (DPS)

Now, how exactly is Rigor Mortis and Eternal Torment helping in DPS? Ingeniously, that's how. ;)

We have Bane of The Trapped (BoTT) socketed. BoTT amps damage on slowed targets. Rigor Mortis ensures enemies that are afflicted with poison are slowed for 5 seconds. Dislocation is slotted. Anything that we touch gets poisoned ergo anything we touch is ensured to take amp'd damage for 5 seconds via Rigor Mortis + BoTT. "Wait, 5 seconds?" Believe me, more than enough time.

Eternal Torment? Frailty Aura curses only those monsters that are inside, and remain inside, our aura. They leave the aura, or we move away from them, no longer cursed. Eternal Torment ensures that those that leave our aura remain cursed. Ergo, Trag's continues to amp DoT damage as we walk on by.

So, why are we doing this? Simply put, so we don't stop moving. You'll notice in the video that I do not stop moving. At all. Well, maybe a couple times but 99% of the time I'm constantly moving. You'll also note that everything behind me (some exceptions noted that will be discussed later) dies. This is because of Eternal Torment in conjunction with Trag's + Rigor Mortis in conjunction with BoTT/Krysbin's, Efficacious and Pain Enhancer. All of which gets amp'd by our 6 piece.

In short, it makes sure that everything we walk by dies. Everything.

E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

Now, "Trickshaw wtf? Not everything is dying in the video?"

Yes, yes. So, the reason for that is because my crit% was driven so low by swapping out good pieces for crap pieces in order to drop my stats (i.e. DPS) thusly Pain Enhancer isn't proc'ing on everything. So, the higher your Crit% is the higher your clear% will be. This is why I've always advised Crit% over CritDmg if given the choice between the two. Obviously you want both, of course, but when you're first gearing up that's not always an option. So, Crit% > CritDmg until you get to the gearing point where you have the luxury of both options.

"But Trickshaw, I STILL keep dying!"

Feel free to swap out Fueled by Death for Draw Life or Life From Death if you have survival issues. You can also sacrifice clear efficiency and/or speed by using Thy Flesh Sustained rune on your Bone Armor.

A stat you should be going for that you might not normally focus on would be Life Per Second (LPS). Getting your LPS up to 30-40k should be ample (I have 29k in the video) enough to make GR70 a comfortable breeze. You can get this with 2-3 pieces and your Templar pretty easily.

☠️ Abilities:
As recommended by another poster I've thrown in Simulacrum-Resevoir in lieu of Golem. Honestly, it really doesn't matter. I rarely, if ever, use it. It is a nice "oh ****" button if you happened to get slammed with a cumbersome elite and you don't wanna blow your LoTD-Frozen Lands because you're close to the GRift Guardian. Bone Spirit with the Panic rune is also a viable alternative if you're looking for a little bit more active alternative.

Dislocation is the default rune for Bone Armor but Harvest of Anguish can be slotted in for GR70's once your DPS is good enough to no longer need Dislocation+Rigor Mortis. If you're having survival issues you can default back to the tried and ever true Thy Flesh Sustained. If you go this route you can toss our Rigor Mortis for Spreading Malediction or Overwhelming Essence to help account for the DPS hit. I normally go for the Harvest setup when I'm doing my GR75 speedruns and I manage to clear in about 3-4 minutes. Again, mileage may vary dependant on gearing level.

Other than that, nothing has changed.

☠️ Gear:
Well, Dayntee's is now definitely BIS for pretty much every Necro build, no surprise there, so that means it's BIS for us as well. This will seriously help out those of you who have posted asking about survival issues with low Paragon levels (sub 800).

I dropped Brigg's because it simply wasn't needed. This is still a decent option for survival if you're an HC player so feel free to stick with it if you're more comfortable with it. In it's place I threw on Convention of Elements (CoE). With Harvest of Anguish, Pain Enhancer and Efficacious all being used it only makes sense to have it equipped. I really ****ing hate this ring. I hate the animation. I hate that it's BIS almost unilaterally across all classes and most sets. I ****ing despise this ring but it is what it is so use it.

☠️ Companion:
Templar for two reasons: 1.) He can heal you in a pinch and pull aggro which helps out seriously when you're getting geared and 2.) equip him with an Ess of Johan, Bul-Kathos Wedding Band and Occulus. Occulus is universally the best damn ring you can put on a follower so this is a must. Since the Templar is always melee that means he can take advantage of Bul-Kathos on the GRift Guardian which is the only way you're going to get any form of meaningful DPS out of any follower and Ess of Johan makes survival and DPS just that much easier. So it's a Win-Win-Win-Win choice.

Later, when your gear is more up to par you can swap out Templar for Sorceress for those juicy CC's she drops everywhere (Krysbin's HOOO!!!!"). However, follower to taste. Whatever floats your boat.

☠️ Bounties:
My favorite bounty setup so far is to go with the Harvest of Anguish+Overwhelming Essence setup, drop Bul-Kathos, equip RoRG, equip Aquilas Cuirass and cube Steuart's Greaves. You're going to have to pay attention to what you're doing because... well... bounties... but you will be the fastest thing on the board pretty much with the exception of maybe a Chicken WD.

You can go with Steuart's equipped and Aquilas' cubed if that's a better setup for you equipment wise. Whatever floats your boat.

☠️ Demonstration:
Alright, now that that's out of the way, below is the video that I took after finally scoring a non-ancient Dayntee's. The second video is the one I took once Fishy brought it to my attention that Rigor Mortis doesn't proc off of Efficacious. Both clear times are comparable. What this means is with Harvest of Anguish slotted you are trading clear efficiency for speed vs. Dislocation.

The videos clearly show comparable clear times so, pick your poison.

Again, it's important to note the stats that I'm playing with. In both videos I swapped out my helmet, gloves and Dayntee with non-ancient non-Crit% version as well as throwing on a garbage CoE with Strength no Crit% or CritDmg. Shadowhook is the same one I've always used, still haven't scored a Primal.

These are impressive clears given the fact that the build only utilizes ONE button 99.9% of the time. Don't expect every run to be amazeballs. I mean, they will be. Just not as fast as these. You're more likely going to be averaging around 4 minutes-ish until you start getting better gear. Also, funnily enough, I managed to die in both videos right out the gate. I really need to make it a habit to open up with LoTD to score that initial 15 Bone Armor stack.

Hope you enjoy, as always, hit me up with any questions and stay lazy.

Harvest of Anguish Clear - 3:37
⛔ https://youtu.be/sYNZUdwDdP0

Dislocation Clear - 3:32
⛔ https://youtu.be/58WXyOy9PgU

Edit:

By request, here is a comparison video to accompany those listed above. In this one I use my 'real' gear so you can do a side by side comparison of 'bad' stats vs. 'good' stats. Note that unlike in the above video, with a higher Crit% everything actually dies. 3 minute clear time. Not shabby.

Also important to note is that I play sloppily. This is how the build is intended. I run into walls, I almost walk past pylons, I have to circle back for globes and elites and I even forget to renew my Bone Armor. This build is intended to be played like this. I'm not paying full attention to what I'm doing because I was watching a video linked to me in Discord on another screen.

THIS is the point behind LazyNecro. Not to be the best but to be the best at being Lazy.

Hope you enjoy, as always, hit me up with any questions and stay lazy.

⛔ https://youtu.be/I5tmvM-e4gs

Edit Edit:

Special thanks to Fishy.

Previously, on LazyNecro...

⛏ -------------------------------------- ⛏
- 2.6 ver and build premise ideas -
⛏ -------------------------------------- ⛏

☠️ Video Illustrating Bul-Kathos ACTUAL functionality
⛔ https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=EDDMvWU0TpI

☠️ For the Alternate Version:
Basically I dropped Wildebeast, tossed in a Efficacious Toxin and equipped a Cord of The Sherma. This version requires a bit more "paying attention" when you're doing GR70's given that you're relying on health globes via Devour Aura + Life From Death. You could go with the Flesh Sustained rune if you're wanted a little bit more sustain and less reliance on globes (which makes more sense if your gear happens to have Life/Sec affixes on it) so there's that.

However, if you prefer the brain dead "I'M TRYING TO PAY ATTENTION TO NETFLIX!" version than stick with the original.

Alternate can clear T13's in 2-4min.

Alternate can clear GR70's in 3-4min.

- Alternate Version GR70 4 min clear vidja:
⛔ https://youtu.be/g24YkLg35Pw

- Here's the original vidja:
⛔ https://youtu.be/j18BHO47xXA

- Original Zero Paragon Run:
⛔ https://youtu.be/IhRON4uDMQQ

- DiabloFans - (**2.6.1 Updated):
⛔ http://www.diablofans.com/builds/93271-lazy-necro-i-e-the-anti-carpal-tunnel-build-2-6-1

☠️ Original Post:
Ever wanted a farming build that you could just chillax and play one handed with zero buttons to push?

Me too. So, I spent the time. I did the research. (AQUA TEENS ASSEMBLE!)

Actually I just slapped some crap together and took it out for a whirl and it ended up working pretty damn good. Anyway, only two buttons to push. One is Bone Armor, the other is LoTD for when the GRift Guardian pops; you will see me push this button exactly once in the linked video. Teleport is on the bar, and if you're so inclined you may use it, but I can't be bothered to. Assuming you can be bothered, I would assume your clears will be much faster than mine. Golem is there explicitly as something else for baddies to attack. If our speed passive ever gets fixed I'd swap Blood Is Power out in a heart beat. I tried a Trags + Lost Time variant but I guess Lost Time doesn't work with Bone Armor.

The original can clear T13's in 3-5min with no effort.

The original can clear GR70 in 4-5min with little effort.

Can it go higher? Possibly. I started a 75 and quickly realized I had to pay attention and focus.

So I said, "**** that."

Note the time completion similarity between T13 and GR70. That's because the damage is less relevant as density is. The denser the field, the faster your clear time as stuff will die just as fast in a T13 as it will in GR70. Well, almost as fast.

That and T13's you typically stop and loot stuff.

Also note the lack of Boon Hoarder gimmick. That's because I didn't want to spend the time swapping gear around and just freely switch between effortless 70's and T13's whilst enjoying my freaky feline features on the YouTubes. If you're married to the idea of Boon Hoarders than you simply:

- Swap out Wildebeast for Boon Hoarder
    - Swap out String of Ears for Goldwrap
    - No room for Avarice though. Would have to give up Krysbins or Bul Kathos which is where all your damage stems from.

Done.

But, like I said, I just wanted something where I could go in and out without putzin with anything. So this is what I came up with.

Clearly with better gear and higher gems you will progress faster and with less effort. Low paragon with crap gear, your mileage may vary.

Hope you enjoy.

⛔ https://youtu.be/j18BHO47xXA

P.S.

Song is O' Death by Jen Titus and it should be the Necro anthem.
I have exactly the same build and gear setup as you do... I think I took it from Diablofans.

I can only do up to T10 convincingly. Reason you can do T13 is because of your paragon levels and your ancient gear+augments, plus you managed to roll main stat/CHC/CHD on all your jewellery.

I tried T13, did literally no damage to white mobs. It's all about the gear and levels.
I can't seem to access your profile so I'll have to take your word for it.

Not many builds out there using Bul Kathos with String of Ears, no Endless Walk and only 2 active abilities.

I'd be interested to see it.

Edit:

Just did a T13 with zero paragon in under 6 minutes. Well... I lied. I put 50 points into run speed because I'm not a ****ing masochist. Will post when processed.
07/24/2017 04:20 AMPosted by Hayrich
It's all about the gear and levels.

Here's that zero Paragon run I was talking about.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/IhRON4uDMQQ
Can you do a diablo fans or D3 planner including your cubed items friend? I would like to build a HC version of this and want all your good work fully understood.
07/24/2017 07:29 AMPosted by Halt
Can you do a diablo fans or D3 planner including your cubed items friend? I would like to build a HC version of this and want all your good work fully understood.

Tried to make it for you on my cell phone but the gear and skills refuse to save. I'll update it when I get home later.
Thank you friend!
Np, it's updated now.
Looks like this will be fun to mess with thanks a lot!
07/24/2017 04:02 AMPosted by wahskcirt
www.diablofans.com/builds/93271-lazy-necro-i-e-the-anti-carpal-tunnel-build

Is it display error or something, I saw a 2H Scythe + Phylactery combination ^^.
This is basically just the original Inarius build everyone was using before the Mirinae nerf... except you altered the build completely so it's just not as spammy... I think?

The thing is, the original Inarius build is still viable for T13 and basically just wrecks stuff by spamming bone armor and not even trying.

Your build is slightly different but it's not as efficient as the original Inarius build.... I mean yea sure it's probably a lot more lazy but I was clearing T13 rifts with the original Inarius build in less than 4 minutes solo... every time... and it wasn't that big of deal really.

Original build: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91011-cursed-scythe-inarius-build-gr-95-day-1-necro

Still T13 viable... can still do GR80 quite easily.

The only thing the original creator changed out in that build, since I last looked at it, is Aura of Frailty... but I'm not sure why though, originally it was Decrypify because it synergies with Dayntee's Binding... but seeing as the build is basically just a T13 speed farming build now, I suppose the damage reduction from spamming Decrypify is superfluous at this point...

Either way, I guess players could use your build and have it take a couple minutes longer... but if you just go with the original version, you only really have to spam bone armor which is basically a single button and you win.

I tend to just put my Bone Armor on left click and my Corpse Lance on thumb mouse button and just walk around smashing those two buttons together... I'll occasionally press right mouse to blood rush around... and on T13 it requires zero skill to stay alive... Mirinae will basically just be killing everything for you if your gem is on level 70... even after the nerf.

Probably why you got down voted, this build is old news and there's a more efficient one out there already.
07/25/2017 01:28 AMPosted by NeoRizer
This is basically just the original Inarius build everyone was using before the Mirinae nerf... except you altered the build completely so it's just not as spammy... I think?

So, what you're saying is it's not the same build?

= )

Just wanted to be clear here. Because I often get confused with these forums. A lot of people see any build using the same set 6 piece as "identical" builds.

Compared to the build you linked: I do not use Endless Walk set, do not use Nemesis, do not use Unity, Do not use Dayntees, Do not use Malediction and do not use Swift Harvesting. Also do not use Corpse Lance and also do not use a Builder of any kind.

The builds are actually nearly as different as one can get while still using the same 6 piece set.

All damage from this build comes from this very specific combination of Passive damage: Strong Arms + BoTT + Briggs + Bul Kathos Wedding Band + Pain Enhancer in conjunction with Inarius 6 piece.

This is not a push build. Due to the very nature of not having Decrepify's damage reduction in conjunction with Dayntee's tandem Decrepify effect it will never go very high.

I'm not trying to be confrontational here.

I'm simply illustrating that every single point of damage in this build is passive as was the point behind it's design. It's not better than anything else. It's simply different.

As far as downvotes, I could give two flying ****s.

The opinions of anyone not capable or too lazy to write their opinion vs. "clicking" their opinion is an opinion that should, and will be, completely ignored. At least by me. That's why I never have nor ever will acknowledge them.
How important is the necklace in this build?

Can I get away with only 10 stacks on lower than T13 until I can find one?
07/25/2017 04:38 PMPosted by Phoenix

You can most certainly ditch it if you find that you're not having toughness issues. With my gear, unless I stand in a pile of molten explosions I don't die. If I had a viable Hellfire or even that Time necklace with the movement speed affix I would certainly use either one. But with my collection Kalan was the only thing that fit and benefitted the build.

Etlich is certainly a great toughness substitute if you got a good one lying around.
I love the idea, will be trying it.

Why the land of the dead though ? Is it for a free Kristin proc ?

Also, is the golem worth it ?

Would you be able to change wildbeast with wreath of lightning or would that tank your toughness too much ?

Also, simulacrum reservoir instead of golem + haunted visions amulet might be worth looking at ? That would be a significant damage surplus i think, unless toughness drops too much, or life regen is unable to offset the drain.

I'm also thinking about a variant for extreme speed running, with ingeom in the cube, warzechian cubed, and a krelm belt. Will have to stay on lower difficulties, but the speed :D
07/26/2017 11:15 AMPosted by wahskcirt
07/25/2017 04:38 PMPosted by Phoenix

You can most certainly ditch it if you find that you're not having toughness issues. With my gear, unless I stand in a pile of molten explosions I don't die. If I had a viable Hellfire or even that Time necklace with the movement speed affix I would certainly use either one. But with my collection Kalan was the only thing that fit and benefitted the build.

Etlich is certainly a great toughness substitute if you got a good one lying around.

Awesome, just wasn't sure how the 5 less stacks would effect the damage or survivability potential.

It wasn't so much a case of wanting to ditch it, but just not having been lucky enough to find one.

I do have an ancient EoE laying around, so it might come in handy.
07/26/2017 12:48 PMPosted by geronimo789
I love the idea, will be trying it.

Why the land of the dead though ? Is it for a free Kristin proc ?

Also, is the golem worth it ?

Would you be able to change wildbeast with wreath of lightning or would that tank your toughness too much ?

Also, simulacrum reservoir instead of golem + haunted visions amulet might be worth looking at ? That would be a significant damage surplus i think, unless toughness drops too much, or life regen is unable to offset the drain.

I'm also thinking about a variant for extreme speed running, with ingeom in the cube, warzechian cubed, and a krelm belt. Will have to stay on lower difficulties, but the speed :D

That's exactly why LoTD is there. To crush GR70 guardians. You don't have to have it though. I often forget it's there on T13's to be honest but on GR70's it's convenient.

Golem you can drop no problem. It's there explicitly so you have a 2nd "tank" taking hits for you (presuming you're running with a follower which I personally forget to do a lot as evidenced by the video). I don't think I've ever once used it's on click effect.

Simulacrum Resevoir for sure would be a good alternative to golem. Definitely.

The only things you HAVE to have on your bar are Frailty Aura and Bone Armor. Everything else is optional/QOL.

Wildebeast swap out for Wreath is possible provided your Toughness can accommodate. You'd probably have to keep devour Aura and slot the passive for Globe generation to maintain the Lazy. You'd also most likely wanna use the Templar follower with his knockback heal for dicey GR70 situations. Not to mention having to pay more attention to what you're doing. This is literally my brain dead YouTube/Netflix build. I just maintain peripheral vision on the one monitor while I watch shows on the other monitor. That's why I circle around so much.

There's actually a moment in the first video just before the Guardian pops where I stop and stand there for a moment, that's me checking my phone because I got a text.

This is about as brain dead a build as I could come up with. XD
Why not replace Blood Rush with Command Skeletons for passive damage? Is Blood Rush doing something passive that I'm not catching?
So I just noticed I also don't have a wedding band...will it still work until I get one? Or is that essential?
Hey, off topic but can you tell who your music choice is for the video? I love it!! Will try this build as it looks very relaxing and my wrist is killing me (already have Carpal Tunnel) Thanks much!