LazyNecro: Anti-Carpal Tunnel - UPDATED 2.6.1

Necromancer
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
08/10/2017 08:00 AMPosted by Vicarious
Wanted to get some perspective.. I'm running BoTT, PE, and Mirinae. Considering that Physical (CoE) comes around a third of the time, is it worth slotting or replacing with BK? Thanks.

Imo the best thing to do is to do your own tests and see what works best for you. Tweak the build until it's perfect for you. Do the same level gr over and over with different item setups and see what's best/fastest. No one uses Mirinae anymore though. Not sure why you're still using it.
Wanted to get some perspective.. I'm running BoTT, PE, and Mirinae. Considering that Physical (CoE) comes around a third of the time, is it worth slotting or replacing with BK? Thanks.

I completely agree with Gaius.

With the alternate version I drop Briggs for CoE for faster clears but others love Briggs, especially in hardcore where the CC is invaluable to staying alive, and opt to keep it over CoE. I prefer keeping Wedding Band just for the sheer amount of Juggs that I get.

Do what works for you. The entire point is to stay modular so you can add what you like and get rid of what you don't. I would totally ditch Mirinae though. It simply doesn't proc enough to warrant slotting it over almost anything else.
08/10/2017 12:47 PMPosted by wahskcirt

With the alternate version I drop Briggs for CoE for faster clears but others love Briggs, especially in hardcore where the CC is invaluable to staying alive, and opt to keep it over CoE. I prefer keeping Wedding Band just for the sheer amount of Juggs that I get.

Do what works for you. The entire point is to stay modular so you can add what you like and get rid of what you don't. I would totally ditch Mirinae though. It simply doesn't proc enough to warrant slotting it over almost anything else.

Thank you

I only play HC and unfortunately have lost 3 chars this season so far. Would you say that Briggs helps significantly with survivability? I imagine that by shuffling around a pack would cause the enemy to not attack. Ill have to test that out and post my findings here.
08/10/2017 03:05 PMPosted by Vicarious

I only play HC and unfortunately have lost 3 chars this season so far. Would you say that Briggs helps significantly with survivability? I imagine that by shuffling around a pack would cause the enemy to not attack. Ill have to test that out and post my findings here.
I don't play HC anymore personally. Not since Paragon 100 was the cap. That said, I see the appeal that HC players have with Briggs.

Basically you're pulling everything in and, provided your DPS is up to snuff, obliterating everything before they even have a chance to attack. They can't kill you if they don't have a chance to hit you, basically.

Like someone mentioned earlier it takes time with testing. I don't have the best gear but I can clear G65 in about 3 minutes and G70 in about 4 minutes with my current build.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/InvidGurab72-1971/hero/90638606
[quote="207569488217"]... I don't have the best gear but I can clear G65 in about 3 minutes and G70 in about 4 minutes with my current build.

Don't you lose a lot of the armor from Stand Alone by using skeletons instead of Golem?
08/10/2017 03:44 PMPosted by Derplord
[quote]
... I don't have the best gear but I can clear G65 in about 3 minutes and G70 in about 4 minutes with my current build.

Don't you lose a lot of the armor from Stand Alone by using skeletons instead of Golem?
Yeah, he loses a ton of toughness with Skeletons. Best to just drop Stand Alone for something else.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yeah, he loses a ton of toughness with Skeletons. Best to just drop Stand Alone for something else.

Yeah that's part of the testing phase :) I'm always tweaking for a better build.

My quickest time with the current build at G60 is posted below. I'll post my G70 later. This is a fun build.

http://imgur.com/a/224cF
08/10/2017 04:04 PMPosted by InvidGurab72
...Yeah, he loses a ton of toughness with Skeletons. Best to just drop Stand Alone for something else.

Yeah that's part of the testing phase :) I'm always tweaking for a better build.

My quickest time with the current build at G60 is posted below. I'll post my G70 later. This is a fun build.

My primary reason for not using skeletons, aside from the hit on toughness, is that provided your DPS is up to snuff the skeletons end up trailing me 90% of the time. They did very little in regards to keeping baddies off me but it was nice having them for Juggs.

But keep on trucking, I'd be interested to see if you come up with a combo that escaped me. More options the better.

My primary reason for not using skeletons, aside from the hit on toughness, is that provided your DPS is up to snuff the skeletons end up trailing me 90% of the time. They did very little in regards to keeping baddies off me but it was nice having them for Juggs.

But keep on trucking, I'd be interested to see if you come up with a combo that escaped me. More options the better.

Well I use skeletons for bosses and elites, they make for extremely fast kills. The rift guardian goes down in about two seconds.
08/10/2017 04:15 PMPosted by InvidGurab72

Well I use skeletons for bosses and elites, they make for extremely fast kills. The rift guardian goes down in about two seconds.
Are you using Trag's + Bone Ringer or Shadowhook?
08/10/2017 03:10 AMPosted by GaiusBaltar
08/10/2017 02:54 AMPosted by AYC
Wouldn't using the Cannabilze rune help with the essence as well as gain health?

It would help but it would go against the lazy nature of the build if you had to press it. Unless you numlocked it but I don't like numlocking. This build is about being lazy and not smashing keys.

Haha I see your point! I numlock it to keep up with the lazy style but I do sometimes forget and start to die, then realize why. Thanks for the tip on switching to Shadowhook. Was able to gamble a decent ancient (no +essence) finally and it was a huge difference.

Still debating on Toxin was Esoteric for gem because I am still rather glassy. Gr70 clear time went from 10 minutes to 7-8 using Esoteric. I still die often though and get 1 shotted a lot. I read in an earlier page your reasoning for switching to Toxic, something about pretty much insta-killing most non elites? Any thoughts Gaius or @wahskcirt?
08/10/2017 05:24 PMPosted by AYC

It would help but it would go against the lazy nature of the build if you had to press it. Unless you numlocked it but I don't like numlocking. This build is about being lazy and not smashing keys.

Haha I see your point! I numlock it to keep up with the lazy style but I do sometimes forget and start to die, then realize why. Thanks for the tip on switching to Shadowhook. Was able to gamble a decent ancient (no +essence) finally and it was a huge difference.

Still debating on Toxin was Esoteric for gem because I am still rather glassy. Gr70 clear time went from 10 minutes to 7-8 using Esoteric. I still die often though and get 1 shotted a lot. I read in an earlier page your reasoning for switching to Toxic, something about pretty much insta-killing most non elites? Any thoughts Gaius or @wahskcirt?

Gear wise, the only things I would change are:

- Shoulders: Drop Life% for Armor
- Belt: Same deal, go for Armor

Life% is a real fluff stat for toughness. Having a huge HP pool with lower damage reduction doesn't do anyone any favors. Instead of mitigating "one-shots" it enables them. Likewise, having a massive HP pool with little to no recovery to sustain it also won't do anyone any favors.

Other than that you should notice a big difference once you start approaching 800 paragon and even more when you're 800+ since every point after that will go into intelligence which will up your DPS a goodly portion as well as helping out your toughness. That aside, you're right on track hoss. You have all the right stats in all the right places, you just need to get better versions of them (i.e. Ancients) and rack up a little more paragon.

Basically, just play the game. You're doing fine. Don't get discouraged. The HP difference of monsters between GR65 and GR70 is basically doubled. And the damage they put out is increased by roughly 30% between the two difficulties. Thaaaat's a pretty big leap comparatively speaking. So yeah, just keep on truckin' hoss.

You'll get there.
I´m using a similar build for very chill farming and I just want to ask one question: for 60´s and TXIII, anyone else besides OP finds bulkhatos ring worth it?
<span class="truncated">...</span>Yeah, he loses a ton of toughness with Skeletons. Best to just drop Stand Alone for something else.

Might as well switch to Bone Ringer offhand for faster RG clear if you're using command skeleton. Single target is the bane of this build unless you have high level gems. Then again, you will be losing one of the DPS gem for enforcer.

PS: I would switch the stand alone passive to LOH from pet passive and maybe roll LOH on your weapon. I heard that the passive is not bound by LOH ICD. I haven't actually test that yet.
Was just wondering but anyone know if Briggs Wrath in cube procs damage bonus from Strongarm bracers when it yanks mobs to you?
08/11/2017 01:33 AMPosted by SubzerorE
Was just wondering but anyone know if Briggs Wrath in cube procs damage bonus from Strongarm bracers when it yanks mobs to you?

Check the Necro mechanics thread. Brigg's does proc Strongarms.
08/10/2017 09:40 PMPosted by Tubs
I´m using a similar build for very chill farming and I just want to ask one question: for 60´s and TXIII, anyone else besides OP finds bulkhatos ring worth it?

As OP stated elsewhere in this thread you can think of BK ring as another PE gem, dealing 2000% damage.
There is a limit to how much life it drains, but i guess that value is then multiplied by all bonuses from skills and gear which makes it comparable with PE.

If you feel PE gem damage is enough to clear the rift level you want and the pace you want, then you don't need it.
Otherwise, seems a valuable addition if you need more damage.

Might as well switch to Bone Ringer offhand for faster RG clear if you're using command skeleton. Single target is the bane of this build unless you have high level gems. Then again, you will be losing one of the DPS gem for enforcer.

PS: I would switch the stand alone passive to LOH from pet passive and maybe roll LOH on your weapon. I heard that the passive is not bound by LOH ICD. I haven't actually test that yet.

I suspect that striken will outperform enforcer in this goal. Especially with skellies not benefiting from the defensive component.

Honestly, aside from CoE, I find Inarius underuses additive multipliers. Lots to be gained!

On an unrelated note, 90 down! I swapped devour and bone spirit for lotd and corpse lance and it worked like a charm. Considering the skellies too if I can figure out how to make up for stand alone's DPS

95 next!