LazyNecro: Anti-Carpal Tunnel - UPDATED 2.6.1

Necromancer
Prev 1 12 13 14 26 Next
08/15/2017 09:38 AMPosted by Exiter
So I have a different question here: how are you staying alive in GR70? I run the build as your updated build (toxin gem, sherma belt) and I have swapped out the Briggs ring for a CoE since the Briggs pulled enemies usually ended up behind me and I could use the damage buff of CoE. So with these changes I feel my damage is good enough for GR70, but I die alot more than I think I should. What gives? Do I just need more Ancients that give me more int and vit?

I'll offer my two cents since I had the same issues and Wahskcirt and others offered some advice. If you're not using Esoteric, then obviously that will make a huge difference. Your gear looks pretty good other than non ancients and no augments. Those things will help of course but I think you should be able to do pretty decently without them. For me, play style definitely was a big factor and still is. I have the urge to try and face tank everything. Most of the time I will die against yellows so I have to resist that urge and run around a lot more. Using Corpse Lance immediately on the yellow is a major help, holding down left mouse button so you devour doesn't kick in (assuming you're numlocking). That being said, I can do gr65 easily in 3-5 minutes. 70's about 5-8 depending on the grift, shrines, etc. I die at least 50% of the time in a 70. YMMV. I think gear upgrades will be the biggest contributor in the end.
08/15/2017 04:22 PMPosted by AYC
08/15/2017 09:38 AMPosted by Exiter
So I have a different question here: how are you staying alive in GR70? I run the build as your updated build (toxin gem, sherma belt) and I have swapped out the Briggs ring for a CoE since the Briggs pulled enemies usually ended up behind me and I could use the damage buff of CoE. So with these changes I feel my damage is good enough for GR70, but I die alot more than I think I should. What gives? Do I just need more Ancients that give me more int and vit?

I'll offer my two cents since I had the same issues and Wahskcirt and others offered some advice. If you're not using Esoteric, then obviously that will make a huge difference. Your gear looks pretty good other than non ancients and no augments. Those things will help of course but I think you should be able to do pretty decently without them. For me, play style definitely was a big factor and still is. I have the urge to try and face tank everything. Most of the time I will die against yellows so I have to resist that urge and run around a lot more. Using Corpse Lance immediately on the yellow is a major help, holding down left mouse button so you devour doesn't kick in (assuming you're numlocking). That being said, I can do gr65 easily in 3-5 minutes. 70's about 5-8 depending on the grift, shrines, etc. I die at least 50% of the time in a 70. YMMV. I think gear upgrades will be the biggest contributor in the end.

I think AYC hit it right on the head.

Your pants are definitely good enough for an Augment. So go ahead and invest in that. Your shoulders are solid too. So it's a safe investment to Augment them as well given that you'd be hard pressed to loot a better version. Your Shadowhook is kinda meh but getting a better one will come with time. That aside just keep fishing for upgrades with Kadala (I like to focus on getting my 6 piece to Ancients before fishing for jewelry and weapons).

When you get to that toughness point, I'm not sure exactly when it is but you will definitely FEEL it, but when you get to that point you will know that it's time to drop any active abilities you have and go back to "Lazy" play because aside from standing in bad you're not gonna die.

Just remember +Armor +Armor +Armor. I can't stress enough how important +Armor is to ACTUAL Toughness for Necro's using Stand Alone. Getting that on every possible piece you can is imperative to playing "Lazy".

Edit:

Also, never stand still. Always be moving. Even if that means you're just running circles around a Juggernaut. If you watch the videos I made you never see me standing still. I'm circling around packs, weaving between baddies, always moving. That "always moving" contributes a lot to your survival. Melee monsters have a tough time hitting what doesn't stand still and those big hits that a lot of monsters throw out are often dodged unknowingly by you simply because you're not stopping for anything (other than to loot of course).
Do you think the changes to Necro will make any changes to you build? Good or bad?
08/17/2017 01:21 AMPosted by Phoenix
Do you think the changes to Necro will make any changes to you build? Good or bad?

Looking at:
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20976068/patch-261-ptr-patch-notes-8-15-2017

[Multiple edits on content, sorry]

Equipment options:
Dayntee’s Binding
You gain an additional 40–50% damage reduction when there is an enemy afflicted by your Decrepify --> any of your curses.

This will be always on when using frailty aura for squishy people in place of Cord of the Sherma.

Bone Armor
Essence cost removed.
Can now be cast while moving.

You no longer need any essence restoration at all. You can therefore switch out Devour for something else (Corpse Explosion anyone?)

What intrigues me also is this:

The Johnstone
Grants 50 stacks of Macabre Knowledge when Land of the Dead expires.
Macabre Knowledge increases the damage of Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion by 150–200%.

Maybe cast LoTD once when starting a run, then get huge explosions throughout? Maybe switch out Aquila for Grasps of Essence?

Concern: How long do stacks last now?

This is going away from a lazy build :( but I am excited by the potential.
well, if you don't mind doing the num-lock trick you could do corpse explosion of those nearest you and just toggle it on when u start the run.

The stacks of Johnstone were permanent before weren't they? This will be great since that was the first Primal I found and it's relatively useless so far.

Do we have a time-frame of when the update will get pushed into the live server?
08/17/2017 08:42 AMPosted by theSloth
Do we have a time-frame of when the update will get pushed into the live server?
Not during the ongoing season, thats for sure otherwise i´m not aware of any bluepost regarding any timeline plans blizzard may have.
So I am assuming I would drop the Toxic gem for Esoteric if I need toughness at GR70?

The positives of this build is its ez, fun (because its easy), nice mindless play that can easily farm T13 and up to GR65 (for me). For ease of use, its the best T13 farming build Ive found for any class, and one of the best up to GR65.

The downside is, its the only Necro build I like to play, as all the other builds are just soft, like marshmallow soft. I have no clue how some of these people are clearing GR100 with soft as pudding Rathma, EVERYTHING one shots you at GR80+. Its pretty sad when my DH or even Wiz is at least 2x as tough as my Necro.

In any case, TY again for this build. I love the one handed play.
08/17/2017 02:18 PMPosted by Exiter
The downside is, its the only Necro build I like to play, as all the other builds are just soft, like marshmallow soft. I have no clue how some of these people are clearing GR100 with soft as pudding Rathma, EVERYTHING one shots you at GR80+. Its pretty sad when my DH or even Wiz is at least 2x as tough as my Necro.

Mmm that's not true about Rathma. Is it more squishy than Inarius? Of course, because we typically don't use bone armor (unless you're running a SotC speed build). However you most certainly do not get one shot by everything GR80+.

In fact, I rarely get one shot at GR 100. Things come close, trust me, but the only things that usually get me are ninja grotesque explosions and cold orbs I can't see behind mobs. I can take a hit of thunderstorm, mortar, frozen pulse, archer arrow, spearman spear, and even a winged assassin most times. You can't take 2 hits though so you need to be ready to move. Ground effects you have a second or two to move. Arcane you'll die if you stand still but you can run through a beam and live.

That coupled with Final Service eating up your skellies on proc, you really don't die too often unless you get out of position or a particularly nasty pack/rift.

Personally the worst rifts for me are full of succubi and/or fireball shamans. You can only dodge so many projectiles and they have strange hit boxes...especially succubi.

Pack wise anything with 2 or more unavoidable forms of damage are really tough. E.G. mortar/thunderstorm, jailer/frozen, ghost/anything. !@#$ ghosts. Plagued can cause issues on tight maps because there's nowhere to stand but it doesn't hit too hard.

Some rift guardians can one shot you can cause issues. Perendi, Infernal Maiden, Agnidox come to mind but you can nuke them down.

95+ involves a little rift fishing in that you need to dodge crazy nasty packs but it's not too bad. Usually you can find a doable rift pretty quickly.

If you're getting one shot at the GR 80 level something is wrong. You probably need more INT and need to wear Esoteric Alteration. I'd suggest running a build with dayntees and Decrepify. There's a thread here on the forums about it.

PS - Speed Rathma is faster than Inarius at T13 but, it's not quite as lazy until you get really good gear. You have to push a few buttons sadly lol.
08/17/2017 08:42 AMPosted by theSloth
well, if you don't mind doing the num-lock trick you could do corpse explosion of those nearest you and just toggle it on when u start the run.

The stacks of Johnstone were permanent before weren't they? This will be great since that was the first Primal I found and it's relatively useless so far.

Johnstone stacks were NOT permanent. Each activation of CL or CE consumed one of your stacks outside of LotD. I'm definitely curious how the amulet will work.
I think we must have very different experiences with rathma. I like the idea of the build, but dying many times during a rift just isnt fun.
08/18/2017 08:25 AMPosted by Exiter
I think we must have very different experiences with rathma. I like the idea of the build, but dying many times during a rift just isnt fun.

Inarius can push mid 90's at the very least but you have to have the paragons and augments to feed it for sure.
Wonder if this releases the way it is if it will be the new "lazynecro" build?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sblx-xGux2s
Just to wanted to commend OP for such an excellent Lazy build and for answering all the questions with patience.

Absolutely love this build and its flexibility in swapping items to suit different needs. The best T13 Grift runner for me by far.

Thanks so much.
I need some help on maintaing boneado stacks. The build is great ! I tend to lose stacks when:

--farming bounties -- long time between quests or going to town to salvage mats
--between bounty quests
--long runs in some maps between monsters
--vault runs

When I hold the left mouse button down, which is tied to bone armor, and run, I lose stacks unless I left click frequently as bone armor doesn't stack unless I do that. So, hard to be "lazy".

Sometimes in restarting, boneado starts quickly. Other times it takes much longer. Can't figure out why.

Any tips on keeping bone armor stacks and staying "lazy" would be appreciated.
You need to hit 10 enemies with Bone Armor at first to build stacks then you only need to hit 1 every 60 seconds to maintain them.

There should be no situation where you go 60 seconds between seeing enemies unless you are afk in town.
I see people using that blind helm and frostburns, are those procced from the 6p with good uptime? I see the blind occasionally, but when using cold bone armor I don´t think I see mobs getting freezed. Are they suppose to freeze from the tornado or just from activating the skill?
Bone Armor runes are in effect when you cast it...not the duration of the tornado. That's just damage and procs for other items.
08/20/2017 09:34 AMPosted by KevinTSmith
You need to hit 10 enemies with Bone Armor at first to build stacks then you only need to hit 1 every 60 seconds to maintain them.

There should be no situation where you go 60 seconds between seeing enemies unless you are afk in town.

The situations as mentioned above happen to me and not afk. Couple of examples from last night night. Get stacks and do Zolton Kulle quest (tp to zk wp, run to zk quest, wait for transition pushing escape) kill 3 monsters inc ZK, open chest, gather items, tp to desolate sands wp, try to find monster, not in time, lose stacks--note this is without a quick trip to town to dump mats without iding legs. If i did that, no chance at all. Westmarch. Kill all monsters to dead end; open chest, gather items run back a long way. I mean long dead end....too late. (or tp to original wp, but you've killed the monsters there.) Another example, kill gob, fall into vault, kill gheed, tp back to wp and try to get back to where monsters were in time. Or kill gelatinous gob, darn he dropped too much stuff. None of this is a game changer and playing T13 I can usually get enough stacks back without using lotd. Just wondering what I must be doing wrong.

Maybe the key is about the definition of "hit". The 2.6.1 patch notes state that bone armor can now be cast while moving. This would seem to mean that now you can't cast it while moving, and I almost never stop moving.
I'm not sure what to say. I have absolutely no issues with Bone armor stacks doing t13 bounties. I play Diablo like my hair is on fire though, as fast as possible.

Are you using in geom in the cube?
08/20/2017 09:57 AMPosted by KevinTSmith
Bone Armor runes are in effect when you cast it...not the duration of the tornado. That's just damage and procs for other items.

Yes, that´s what I asked

"your cold skills have a 50% chance to freeze"

If you use the cold bone armor, the tornado from 6p will be cold. Will it have a chance to freeze from frostburns? I mean, it´s not a skill, it´s a set effect, so I don´t think it should and from my experience it doesn´t, but I see so many people using it that I think maybe I´m wrong