GR 70 build

Necromancer
*sorry if dual post, think my last one got squashed

I've been playing rath/jess build and having fun but struggling to get to gr70 solo for a shot at primals dropping. I have all the sets and most jewelry, weapons etc but very few ancients, no ancient weapons. Gems are in the 30's.

Can someone suggest a build and guide to try or am I going to need better gear to get there? The guides I've been seeing are para 1k+ with great gear and haven't been working well.

Any advice?

Thanks!
Your build seems fine. What you generally need to clear 70 is better gear. You have hardly any ancients and thus hardly any Caldesans. Grinding to upgrade those will make things much easier.
Thanks was thinking that. Awesome movie too, the duck gets punked hard!
07/24/2017 02:23 PMPosted by Siladil
Forget Grisly Tribute. Go with Life from Death passive. Make a Reaper's wraps for major essence generation to spam the mages out.
I did my 70 with just Rathma, Jesseth, Endless Walk, Evol+Krysbin. Gems ~50. Pretty much what you have, lol. No ancs, no augs.

Your gear looks mostly great. Not sure why you have Ancient Parthan Defenders, though, when you have zero chance to stun in your build. And even if you were stunning like crazy, you'll rarely be close enough to stunned mobs to get that dmg reduction in a Rathma pet build. I'd use Reapers Wraps for 25-30% primary resource from each health globe, coupled with the Life From Death passive.

And definitely Bane of the Trapped over Bane of the Powerful.

I dunno that skill setup at all though.

I used:

Command Skeleton - Freezing Grasp (Freeze for bonus Krysbins dmg)
Bone Armor - Dislocation (Stun for bonus Krysbins dmg)
Decrepify - Dizzying Curse (Guaranteed +100% damage from Krysbins, proc Stun for bonus Krysbins dmg)
Devour - Satiated (numlocked, so you pop every corpse)
Bone Spikes - Sudden Impact (Stun for bonus Krysbins dmg)
Skeletal Mage - Singularity (You have Evol, that's all you need to make the switch from Skeletal to Singularity)

Passives:
Life From Death - Corpses you consume have a chance to drop Health Globes. Health Globes refill up to 30% of your essence thanks to Reapers Wraps.

Swift Harvesting - To more quickly regen Essence, Shadowhook in cube instead of Cycle, for 5 Essence per target hit by Bone Spikes.

Overwhelming Essence - Since I use Shadowhook, and its damage is based on max Essence

Final Service - Dying because you failed to dodge something you could have dodged seriously slows your momentum. You're suddenly missing that 50% reduction from Rathma 4p, 30% reduction from Bone Armor Stacks, etc. Final Service gives you one "Oops" :)

Cubed: Same as yours except Reilena's Shadowhook instead of Scythe of the Cycle. I love the 5 Essence per target hit on Bone Spikes, and the damage applies to everything, not just mages, and I definitely like not losing 4 seconds off the BA timer with every mage cast.
Are you adamant on using skeleton archers? Cause Singularity will push you at leas 5 rifts ahead. Also I wonder, why do you have such a low grade gems in your armor and helmet if you are trying to push higher rifts? And whats the point to have a diamond in the helmet? If just to proc blood rush it doesn't worth it.
Thanks you for the replies, bif help, the gems were old forgot to upgrade. Same with diamond, force of habit. Rhyker had a cold build with the parthan/frosty setup that I was trying out.

I have read a ton about singularity vs. archers and will try that, I started with that setup but was trying different things out. One suggested using the numlock trick that I'll probably try out too. It's hard getting used to every summon draining all essence as I tend to spam bone armor.
07/24/2017 03:59 PMPosted by Dommer
Thanks you for the replies, bif help, the gems were old forgot to upgrade. Same with diamond, force of habit. Rhyker had a cold build with the parthan/frosty setup that I was trying out.

I have read a ton about singularity vs. archers and will try that, I started with that setup but was trying different things out. One suggested using the numlock trick that I'll probably try out too. It's hard getting used to every summon draining all essence as I tend to spam bone armor.

You don't need to use numlock to play singularity build. It was much required before the hotfix. Archers are just more relaxing playstyle, however in terms of rift pushing they are far behind.

Also bone armor not the best option for singularity. There are decent youtube guides on a Singularity build. Just check them out. Or just go over Rathma players in leaderboard. It will help you get the general idea, and then you can experiment as you see fit.

P.S. I would also drop Dayntee's Binding and Decrepify for witching hour + blood rush, it's great boost in terms of damage at the beginning.
I ran 70 in my gear. Maybe try something different? I ran scythe of the cycle with bone armour. Also used focus and restraint since I don't have a good Travelers yet.
GR70 is rly a faceroll for rathma if you do it right. Just stick to the basic rules: singularity mages (don't even bother anything else, its not even close), devour-satiated (most like you don't have enough toughness to run cannibalize, and you use satiated for pushing anyway) on autocast, reaper's wraps with the globe passive (by far the biggest dps boost item for rathma). Also if you die at all, Final service is a must take passive (60 sec cooldown is way too good), so normally you don't care too much about toughness and just stack damage. These are the only basic things you need for pushing. Use LotD+Simulacrum, if you use reilena's in cube. Final service + simulacrum + any belt will be way better than using the curse and spreading malediction. But you don't rly need to optimize too much for GR70 as long as you don't deviate from the basic rules.
You have way better gear than I did when I did my GR70 on day2. I had just a crappy Jesseth (2k dps), no necro rings or amulets - I used CoE(good ancient)+SoJ+yellow amulet(almost perfect int/cc/cdmg). And I had to use Scythe of the Cycle (2x more dmg than reilena's) and bone armor to get the missing damage and toughness (I was being 1-shot and the +5 armor amulet was the best jewellry I could use in cube). I also had to use the extra essence armor in cube as I had no TnT. But after a few tries, I did it even with that (well got a good rift I guess, but you don't need to attempt GR70 with starter gear like I did).
So ppl saying you need ancients or augments for GR70 with Rathma's are rly nuts. With all BIS items (that you already have; although rings and amulet are crap (missing 1 dmg stat each; maybe you have good non-ancient ones, as it seems you just slapped random ancient ones on)) and ancient weapon (biggest dps boost; well proper stats on all items, not sth like vit on ring) you can easily do GR85(that's 8x tougher than GR70 btw). Only after that you need other ancient items, augments and higher paragon.
It all comes down to how you play it of course, if you keep dying or waste LotD/Simulacrum at wrong times, or use mages too often and waste energy (or too rarely and not have 4 active), or try killing a Juggernaut when there is no command target (so you do only 20% dmg), you may be doing minus 10-20 GR levels from what the gear is capable of.
Also not all rifts are equal obviously, if you are still missing major damage items, rifts like zombie-skeleton, especially at low density, will be a drag for its low progress%, and you may easily do 10 GR's lower than you would do on a GR packed with big minions and elites (that are better for single target builds like rathma).
07/24/2017 04:29 PMPosted by AngryAgain
You don't need to use numlock to play singularity build.

I can't imagine using devour without it. You would have to hold the button...
Using autocast on mages is bad idea, as you would have to develop a habit of keeping lmb pressed to not overcast. Well maybe some ppl like this more, but its definitely a matter of taste, as releasing lmb and pressing rmb are still 1 action each. You may still cast the mages sometimes when you don't want to. Another downside is that devour is not cast either then, and you may consume too many corpses at once after you cast the mages. So I strongly suggest against using autocast on mages. But certainly use it for devour.

P.S. my cheap keyboard doesn't even allow locking 2 keys, so I never actually tried autocast mages, but I really see no reason in doing that.
07/24/2017 02:59 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
Your build seems fine. What you generally need to clear 70 is better gear. You have hardly any ancients and thus hardly any Caldesans. Grinding to upgrade those will make things much easier.

What is a Caldesan?
As Biochemikas says it's easy. I did 70 in 10 mins at p200 Rathmas no gems no Krysbin just evol and bad travellers, no ancients (except Evol), cubed Reilenas.
Important is to use the Sim+LotD and reapers wraps build not the Decrepify/Bone Armor variant.
It's incredibly strong with 10 fully charged SIngularity mages. Cruises through t13 solo or group even without Krysbin.
07/25/2017 01:19 AMPosted by Xistre
I ran 70 in my gear. Maybe try something different? I ran scythe of the cycle with bone armour. Also used focus and restraint since I don't have a good Travelers yet.

How abot this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2nchs1hsvw

90 GR done 13:36, 700 para, without Jesset's set.
07/25/2017 04:30 AMPosted by Biochemikas
07/24/2017 04:29 PMPosted by AngryAgain
You don't need to use numlock to play singularity build.

I can't imagine using devour without it. You would have to hold the button...
Using autocast on mages is bad idea, as you would have to develop a habit of keeping lmb pressed to not overcast. Well maybe some ppl like this more, but its definitely a matter of taste, as releasing lmb and pressing rmb are still 1 action each. You may still cast the mages sometimes when you don't want to. Another downside is that devour is not cast either then, and you may consume too many corpses at once after you cast the mages. So I strongly suggest against using autocast on mages. But certainly use it for devour.

P.S. my cheap keyboard doesn't even allow locking 2 keys, so I never actually tried autocast mages, but I really see no reason in doing that.

It's pretty easy to imagine devour without numlock, just use devouring aura.

Numlock just let's your devouring aura become 60yds instead of 15, and get a secondary effect.
07/25/2017 11:52 PMPosted by Cayenne
It's pretty easy to imagine devour without numlock, just use devouring aura.

Devouring aura has terrible radius and no bonuses: you lose the 50% life from satiated or 3%/corpse from cannibalize and that is a massive loss. You could use aura for speedruns (still not optimal due to range), but you won't be pushing much without satiated.
If there was no way to autocast I would bind the devour on my mouse and keep it pressed at all times (or just tape down the keyboard key for it) - that's how bad the aura is.