Blood Nova from Iron Rose doesn't scale from Trag'Oul?

General Discussion
Is this true? Was thinking of doing a Siphon Blood build proccing free Blood Novas, but I heard it doesn't scale off the 3300% bonus from Trag set. Something like the game doesn't recognize those free novas as coming from you, so it doesn't get the bonus.

Also, Funery pick with siphon blood targeting 3 enemies does not increase the proc rate am I right?
I tried it once. Didn't even feel like it was tickling the monsters. Utterly worthless.

As for the second, I'm not sure, but that sounds correct. I was working on a similar build before season started but ended up abandoning it to do Season 11 instead.

Currently working with Rathma's, making a goal to at least hit GR75 with it by Season's end.

Game on.
The purpose of FP/IR is life steal, not damage. With Leech and a blood nova proc, you can hit over 50% health per cast.

This should already be obvious from the fact that FP doesn't provide a general damage buff despite competing with several other damage buff items.
Seems to work for me. I've inadvertently knocked out quite a few mobs while I was just trying to drink their blood.
I can't answer for sure, but I'm pretty sure I was getting nice damage from only channeling siphon blood on T13 using trag'oul and iron rose. Still, not impressive damage to even solo a t13 in a good time. The idea of a lot of necro items are nice, but in practice the majority of them doesn't work.
The free Blood Nova from Iron Rose does benefit from 6 PC Trag's, but the player must have Blood Nova on his skill bar. Without the active Blood Nova skill, it does no damage because it appears to think it's the unruned Death Nova instead of the Blood Nova it's actually casting.

Seems like a bug to me. Players should be able to use Iron Rose with Trag without having to use Blood Nova as an active skill because the item specifically states that it casts Blood Nova, not Death Nova.
A few of you are missing the question. Exactly:

1. Does Iron Rose's blood novas scales off Trag'Oul's set bonus i.e. 3300%?

2. Does Funery Pick increase the proc rate of Iron Rose's blood novas?
07/27/2017 03:32 PMPosted by RedCell
The free Blood Nova from Iron Rose does benefit from 6 PC Trag's, but the player must have Blood Nova on his skill bar.

Without the active Blood Nova skill, it does no damage because it appears to think it's the unruned Death Nova instead of the Blood Nova it's actually casting.

Seems like a bug to me. Players should be able to use Iron Rose with Trag without having to use Blood Nova as an active skill.

Thanks for answering. What about the second question? Do you know?
The free Blood Nova from Iron Rose does benefit from 6 PC Trag's, but the player must have Blood Nova on his skill bar.

Without the active Blood Nova skill, it does no damage because it appears to think it's the unruned Death Nova instead of the Blood Nova it's actually casting.

Seems like a bug to me. Players should be able to use Iron Rose with Trag without having to use Blood Nova as an active skill.

Thanks for answering. What about the second question? Do you know?

Haven't tested Funery Pick much. I used it a few times, but was having more fun with Scythe of the Cycle so I switched back to it.

I'll see about doing some observational tests tonight, but changes in proc rates are hard for me to cacluate or discern. All I can do is report whether it looks like it procs more or remains the same.
The free Blood Nova from Iron Rose does benefit from 6 PC Trag's, but the player must have Blood Nova on his skill bar. Without the active Blood Nova skill, it does no damage because it appears to think it's the unruned Death Nova instead of the Blood Nova it's actually casting.

Seems like a bug to me. Players should be able to use Iron Rose with Trag without having to use Blood Nova as an active skill because the item soecifically states that it casts Blood Nova, not Death Nova.

Why?

The 6pc specifically says "life costing skills" so if it is not proc'ing the nova that costs life to use it, why would it or should it benefit from the 6pc?

One of the few things that are working as intended with Necro haha
07/27/2017 05:38 PMPosted by Demonmonger

Seems like a bug to me. Players should be able to use Iron Rose with Trag without having to use Blood Nova as an active skill because the item soecifically states that it casts Blood Nova, not Death Nova.

Why?

The 6pc specifically says "life costing skills" so if it is not proc'ing the nova that costs life to use it, why would it or should it benefit from the 6pc?

One of the few things that are working as intended with Necro haha

Because blood nova is a life costing skill. Just because it's a free one doesn't change the rune itself.

Just like how other life costing skills get buffed even when you remove the life cost with blood for blood passive.
It cost life even without the skill on your bar.
07/27/2017 05:42 PMPosted by Neogeo

I must pop life back so fast that I do not even notice it costing life, that I actually assumed it was casting death nova base rune instead.
07/27/2017 05:57 PMPosted by Demonmonger
07/27/2017 05:42 PMPosted by Neogeo

I must pop life back so fast that I do not even notice it costing life, that I actually assumed it was casting death nova base rune instead.

It does cast blood nova, but doesn't cost life. It will benefit from trangs if you have blood nova on your bars (bug: shouldn't need to), it also benefits from scythe of the cycle regardless of whether it's on your bar. Funery pick doesn't give additional procs from additional targets.

Also simulacrum will cast base rune nova at its location when iron rose procs, but will switch to whichever rune is on your bar. (maybe you're right that it's proccing base death nova with blood nova animation)
Wow, with that other thing that buffs Blood Nova's damage by 30% for each enemy in range, that seems like it'd be the makings of a lethal build.

Just kidding, it'd be considered too slow by g-rift pushers.
07/27/2017 07:10 PMPosted by starcraft111
Wow, with that other thing that buffs Blood Nova's damage by 30% for each enemy in range, that seems like it'd be the makings of a lethal build.

Just kidding, it'd be considered too slow by g-rift pushers.

You need 10 enemies in range for it to compete with trag-oul's corroded fang, which might happen occasionally but those occasions aren't when you struggle with death nova anyway.

Trag blood nova is fast as hell on lower difficulties, but doesn't keep up because nova lacks good multipliers even by t13. Don't have to be a 'g-rift pusher' to know that, just try it.
Hello there -- Does anyone know if this is still the case? I'm rolling a Blood Necro now and can't seem to tell if there is a difference between equipping and not equipping Blood Nova. Maybe they fixed it?
I didn't bother to record the stats but rough testing suggests with or without the actual Blood Nova slotted, the free Siphon blood one is in fact getting the 6-Piece Trang-oul modifier.
Patch 2.6.1 Bug fixes included a fix for Iron Rose so everything should be working as intended now.

Fixed an issue preventing the free Blood Nova granted by the Iron Rose from correctly granting the damage bonus from the Trag’Oul’s six-piece bonus.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/21115840
05/17/2019 10:07 AMPosted by KerSlim
Hello there -- Does anyone know if this is still the case? I'm rolling a Blood Necro now and can't seem to tell if there is a difference between equipping and not equipping Blood Nova. Maybe they fixed it?

I have to say this. You play a necro and you necro'ed a thread... makes sense.