When did people start saying bio?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
08/10/2017 02:54 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar
When did people start calling bathroom, bio? What does bio even mean? Biology? I must be getting old or something. This is some kind of new thing for me. I also noticed that people lately have been using something called PST. Please send tell? Like wtf, why not just say pm. Anyone else not like how these kids are constantly coming up with new abbreviations and they expect everyone to know it and use it? I'm only 28 but I'm old fashion and like to keep things simple.
64 years old this year so I'm no spring chicken unlike yourself :-/ and 'I' heard it year's ago
When did people start calling bathroom, bio? What does bio even mean? Biology? I must be getting old or something. This is some kind of new thing for me. I also noticed that people lately have been using something called PST. Please send tell? Like wtf, why not just say pm. Anyone else not like how these kids are constantly coming up with new abbreviations and they expect everyone to know it and use it? I'm only 28 but I'm old fashion and like to keep things simple.

I thought it was for biohazard. But bio has been bathroom for years in wow.
We said "bio" (short for biohazard) back when we played Shadowbane (early to mid 2000s, before WoW). That game would sometimes have multiple-100 person pvp wars and "bio" was a really fast way to say you had to use the bathroom. Some other friends of mine around that time played EverQuest and said they said it there too, but I never did. So, it has been a while.
We were using "bio" before the Internet became mainstream. When every kid with a 'puter and the know how was wardialing and had their own BBS up and running after school. The term "bio" is likely older than 1/2 the people posting in this forum as we speak.

What blew my mind was talking with a guildy the other night who's been supposedly gaming for several years and never heard the term "epeenery" or "epeen". I legit had a wtf moment. Are you kidding me right now?!
Leftist: brb bio. all is rainbows
Right wing: brb I need to take a dump
08/12/2017 12:10 PMPosted by Pestilence

I thought it was for biohazard. But bio has been bathroom for years in wow.

A bathroom can be a biohazard, depends on who went in.
Never heard that term before, bio, but sounds appropriate.
08/10/2017 04:22 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
When did people start calling bathroom, bio?

At least 10 years ago.

We used to say playing Everquest back in '99 and I'm sure it was used before that. Man, I'm old.
08/12/2017 02:56 PMPosted by gambler

brb 5 min...
http://i.imgur.com/QYZXAWF.png

Hey Gaius Baltar here's your girl and she doesn't take bio breaks.
She is perfection and only want your account details. hehe
08/12/2017 02:56 PMPosted by gambler

Leftist: brb I need to take a Trump.
Right wing: brb bio. I need to take a Trump.

Fixed it for you =P

Wonder if this will get upvotes or down lol.
Be careful guys. OP is *not* going to give you back your frisbee if it lands in his yard.
Well I heard it back playing Neverwinter Nights (on AOL, not that new fandangled version from *bio*ware) though I always just said 'gotta take a dump, brbeer' in online games. Notoriously in EQ in our 20 hour raids.
My favorite is "Please PST"
08/12/2017 09:06 PMPosted by Shyster
My favorite is "Please PST"

Yeah, people who say this usually say "ATM Machine" or "RPG Game". It's hilarious.

On topic, PST annoys the crap out of me. I always assume it means Pacific Standard Time just to troll people who use it. I'll even ask why the time zone matters and watch the blank digital stares ensue. It's awesome :)

I think I've been seeing "bio" since EverQuest, at least. There was no aura of mystery about what "brb bio" meant. Going away from the computer to take care of something biological defaulted to me thinking it was a bathroom break. I've also seen the occasional "brb wc" and that wasn't hard to figure out either. Another one was "brb ggp".
I think it's weird that people feel the need to announce that. Brb (be right back) is good enough.

Saying "bio break" sounds childish if you ask me.
08/12/2017 10:50 PMPosted by Carl
I think it's weird that people feel the need to announce that. Brb (be right back) is good enough.

'bio' always seemed more personal imo and actually knowing someone was returning shortly where as 'brb' could mean anything, even a 2 hour nap.
08/13/2017 02:45 AMPosted by nibz
'bio' always seemed more personal imo and actually knowing someone was returning shortly where as 'brb' could mean anything, even a 2 hour nap.

True dat.. I never use 'brb' when I am making a cup of tea, which may take 5 minutes or more.
So many ppl use 'brb' and that's it for the run with them, gone for good they are.

'bio brk' or 'brb bio' says it all and not in an image busting horror.
I appreciate it and it doesn't take away from my game.
08/12/2017 10:50 PMPosted by Carl

Wow
tl;dr

some old guy who is retarded gets angry at millennials for using ye olden day jargon he doesn't understand because he can't put enough brain cells together to form a coherent sentence.