"today is a good day"

General Discussion
08/05/2017 02:32 AMPosted by Aspirine
Real poe endgame seems to be diablo forums.

Haha this made me chuckle. Can't really argue with this, as it seems the PoE fanboys love their game so much that they spend more time in the D3 forums than playing their game. Ironic and telling.
Love diablo franchise, burning all for healthy competition to make Devs work a little.

Both games are good in their own right. Hopefully both just get better in the future.
08/04/2017 03:38 PMPosted by Eclosion
So many people trying to play the new expansion. Did the necro cause this? lul

It's either more players than anticipated logging in or it could be the poor management of the game by the developers.

If your a Poe fan I guess it's easy to blindly see one interpretation no matter what.
08/04/2017 12:12 PMPosted by suicideking
I didn't even have to pull out my A.K.

Your what?
08/04/2017 11:54 AMPosted by evok
He prolly means POE 3.0 launch.

I personally love D2:LoD to death and I never understood why people like PoE. I think i figured it out:

I like the characters to feel iconic. I want them to have their own unique and iconic abilities, so I can put skill points and level those abilities and feel rewarded for leveling the character.
For example a Sorceress has iconic skills like Blizzard and Frozen Orb and you can choose to level them and enjoy that gameplay without the need for specific items.
Then whatever items I happen to find will be just a bonus. The cherry on top. And sure, Death's Fathom will always be a BiS for cold soso, but you can do just fine without it.

In PoE you have to look for gear, then re-roll that gear, so that it has the exact color of gem slots and the exact link you want in order to be able to enjoy what you wanna play... so basically it feels to me like the same crap we have in DIII and the sets, where you have most of your slots predetermined.

I think PoE appeals to Classic Diablo1 players rather than to Diablo2 players (even though in Classic Diablo1 all you had to do is find a spell book and have enough magic to learn it and not all that crazy random crafting).

The way I see it, Diablo2:LoD was the pinnacle of action RPGs and newer games should strive more to be like it, rather than the original from 1996.
08/06/2017 03:11 AMPosted by Noxifer
08/04/2017 11:54 AMPosted by evok
He prolly means POE 3.0 launch.

I personally love D2:LoD to death and I never understood why people like PoE. I think i figured it out:

I like the characters to feel iconic. I want them to have their own unique and iconic abilities, so I can put skill points and level those abilities and feel rewarded for leveling the character.
For example a Sorceress has iconic skills like Blizzard and Frozen Orb and you can choose to level them and enjoy that gameplay without the need for specific items.
Then whatever items I happen to find will be just a bonus. The cherry on top. And sure, Death's Fathom will always be a BiS for cold soso, but you can do just fine without it.

In PoE you have to look for gear, then re-roll that gear, so that it has the exact color of gem slots and the exact link you want in order to be able to enjoy what you wanna play... so basically it feels to me like the same crap we have in DIII and the sets, where you have most of your slots predetermined.

I think PoE appeals to Classic Diablo1 players rather than to Diablo2 players (even though in Classic Diablo1 all you had to do is find a spell book and have enough magic to learn it and not all that crazy random crafting).

The way I see it, Diablo2:LoD was the pinnacle of action RPGs and newer games should strive more to be like it, rather than the original from 1996.

PoE would've been better if the socket system applied to magical affixes of items, and not skills.

...the fact that skills are gems causes some serious optimizing issues:
One gem plus 5 support gems means that there's bound to be very optimal solutions, compared to having skill levels in a tree of it's own, where you craft your skills by upgrading the base.

All skill gems sold from vendors, there's little development to the skill portion of builds.
You just need items with enough sockets, and can switch your entire skillset between characters.
Quite the reverse of what would make sense:
Characters having skills, and items providing bonuses.

Unique doesn't mean better.
you cant "switch the entire skillset" because each "skillset" requires a different build. with build i mean passive tree. u know, the thing d3 should have, but is still missing.
PoE, i liked a few years ago got up to 72 ish in level then it became a huge issue, grind fir several hours and one death takes away, that time.

Im sure its different now or atleast more balanced, i cant see myself going back to it
08/07/2017 08:25 AMPosted by BĄŋŋƐĐ
PoE, i liked a few years ago got up to 72 ish in level then it became a huge issue, grind fir several hours and one death takes away, that time.

Im sure its different now or atleast more balanced, i cant see myself going back to it

I'm level 85 and if I die I lose, at most, 20-30 minutes worth of experience.

If you are losing hours of progress then you are running low-level content and aren't playing at your current level.
08/05/2017 02:49 AMPosted by Porkie
08/05/2017 02:32 AMPosted by Aspirine
Real poe endgame seems to be diablo forums.

Haha this made me chuckle. Can't really argue with this, as it seems the PoE fanboys love their game so much that they spend more time in the D3 forums than playing their game. Ironic and telling.
They're not PoE fanboys. They're immature people, too comfortable with diss'ing everything.
08/07/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Paladinrja
08/05/2017 02:49 AMPosted by Porkie

They're not PoE fanboys. They're immature people, too comfortable with diss'ing everything.

I have recently checked it out after becoming burnt out waiting for fun to return to D3.

I must say, the SPEED alone has me hooked. I actually feel like i can do what I want. Very un-D3 like...
08/07/2017 11:44 AMPosted by cknopp
08/07/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Paladinrja
...They're not PoE fanboys. They're immature people, too comfortable with diss'ing everything.

I have recently checked it out after becoming burnt out waiting for fun to return to D3.

I must say, the SPEED alone has me hooked. I actually feel like i can do what I want. Very un-D3 like...
Yeah, unfortunately movement speed is a highly contentious design issue with the D3 devs.
Today I didn't even have to use my AK.
I gotta say it was a good day.