The game is not fun anymore

General Discussion
I quit in 2014. I came back and i am having more fun than ever. You'll be back. Other games get just as boring and many get very stale far sooner.
08/09/2017 10:26 AMPosted by Boo
Your profile shows you've played 2 classes to max level.
Try the other 5 classes.
Try set dungeon masteries (28 dungeons to master).
Hunt for transmogs.
Hunt for cosmic wings.
Hasn't played story either.
08/10/2017 02:41 AMPosted by Amber
08/09/2017 09:50 AMPosted by JedN7
Duh, if you have like 1000+ hours clocked......eventually it's gonna start feeling like a drag even if it's the greatest game in history of gaming.

Alot folks have more than 1000+ hours played in WOW, and even offline RPGs like Morrowind,Skyrim,Fallout and Oblivion but still having fun.

And its not just about RPGs there is video games that folks play for years but not getting bored with them.

Gluttons for punishment.

Alot folks have more than 1000+ hours played in WOW, and even offline RPGs like Morrowind,Skyrim,Fallout and Oblivion but still having fun.

And its not just about RPGs there is video games that folks play for years but not getting bored with them.
While true. I don't think the sandbox games you've mentioned are popular due to RPG elements. Its more about mods and certain mods that keep people involved.
08/10/2017 08:00 AMPosted by Paladinrja

While true. I don't think the sandbox games you've mentioned are popular due to RPG elements. Its more about mods and certain mods that keep people involved.

Ehh... that's kinda iffy. I know a lot of people that play WoW, Skyrim, Fallout and the ilk without any mods. The thing is with those games there is tons of stuff to do besides Role Playing. Secret items, easter eggs, acquiring the 'perfect' gear for how you're playing that character, completing all the quests...So much to do in them. Diablo has a few of these elements with the hidden and hard-to-acquire pets and transmogs but not nearly as much as the list that was given.

Another thing with the games listed is that a lot of builds can be viable for the end game content you're doing in them. I've replayed Fallout 3 from start to finish 3 times with 3 entirely different, well planned builds and all made it through. My wife has completed Skyrim about 4 times with 4 different thought out builds and they can all handle the game with few problems. I bet I could build characters in each of those games in dozens of different ways and still be able to continue after I beat the game to hunt out all secret locations and complete all quests and other endgame content the developers have in the game. Diablo 3 can't say the same thing.

The difference? There is a peak difficulty that Skyrim/Fallout series is designed around, thus in the end many different builds can all do the same things with the same rough efficiency and can be balanced because there is a difficulty cap. Diablo 3 doesn't have that at all as build efficiency for 'endgame' infinite GR vary dramatically. A well planned build that works awesome in GR50 might not do well in GR 70 compared to the meta of the month that uses gear to get higher DPS that the well planned build can't make use of due to gear imbalance.

Mods do play a role in extending the life of a game, but that's not the only reason for that longevity. Balance and variety of builds can go a hell of a long ways to making the game enjoyable for a longer period of time, with or without mods. Mods should never have to be used to 'fix' a game.

The examples given show that a well designed, superbly balanced game that can be played a variety of a ways and still reach the end game will withstand the tests of time.
Good for you man. I usually switch between Diablo 3/Borderlands 2 and when I get that feeling with one I hop to the other for awhile.
08/09/2017 09:08 AMPosted by Ricardog90
I did try. Keep playing seasons, I bought the Necro, but at last, no matter what class you use, the game is the same over and over again.

I did have a lot of fun playing Diablo 3, but I finally feel the endless repetitive process. I don´t feel motivation anymore, playing endless rift, playing bounties and that´s it, no more to do. I feel there are no quests, no exploring, something so important in a RPG game.

Finally, I must say, thank you Diablo 3 for the good moments, but I really feel it´s time to go.

Hoping for Diablo 4

I know bud. I have hundreds of hours input into this game and I do like it but there is no immersive content to keep you busy or entertained. There are Grifts and leveling gems but it is not fun, feels like a chore.

This has been discussed a lot that just releasing a new character without any new content won't improve game-play. Content is very important, the Necromancer could be fun for 2 weeks with the current state of the game but after that will become the same repetitive content that could be done with any other character.

It just bothers me that other similar games give out lots of content and thus, free to play games. I would not mind paying for content because devs deserve to be paid for their work and you are buying hours of fun. But, unfortunately and IMHO the Necro content is not enough to improve the game.
I did try. Keep playing seasons, I bought the Necro, but at last, no matter what class you use, the game is the same over and over again.

I did have a lot of fun playing Diablo 3, but I finally feel the endless repetitive process. I don´t feel motivation anymore, playing endless rift, playing bounties and that´s it, no more to do. I feel there are no quests, no exploring, something so important in a RPG game.

Finally, I must say, thank you Diablo 3 for the good moments, but I really feel it´s time to go.

Hoping for Diablo 4

How can you say you had fun? you only have 2 heroes. Play other classes and after gearing and playing each one of them tell us it is not fun anymore...
08/09/2017 09:56 AMPosted by chosonman
Could it be better? Absolutely, and I have no doubt that D4 will deliver based on Blizzard's history of listening to their players (unlike other companies such as EA..)

LOL? Listens too their players, what a joke, good one!. Id own the entire planet before that happens. They don't even listen to the community and most of the community has become toxic already (for D3), all the level headed people only are forum heroes or quit. I'm not surprised more people are quitting.
08/10/2017 09:04 AMPosted by Authentic

Hoping for Diablo 4

How can you say you had fun? you only have 2 heroes. Play other classes and after gearing and playing each one of them tell us it is not fun anymore...

I did play every class, on xbox one. I also deleted characters you can see i did played cursader, demon hunter, monk and necro, in xbox one i played all of them (except necro ;) ), and it´s always the same thing.
Well yeah, That happens with everything, or every game.

Just come back whenever u like :).
Game would be less boring if Blizzard didn't make every class set obsolete after buffing just one.

Of if their definition of "engaging gameplay" didn't involve using a macro or Numlock in order for a mechanic to function without causing physical harm to their players.
08/09/2017 09:54 AMPosted by Calconious
Take a break and come back...or play multiple games. I never get burned out on any games because I rotate through about 5 at a time. Right now I've been playing D3, WoW, OW, HoTS, and I'm trying to get into Zelda for the Switch.

I'm in the same boat with D3....I bought the necro and played the new season, but now I'm starting to get bored. Time to spend a week or 2 on another game and come back.

I just let my wow sub run out, focusing on D3 until season end then Destiny 2.
I have a feeling I might not like it, I hope I am wrong though.

I will most likely end up back playing Overwatch, maybe a bit of Hots. Then back to Wow I go.

I have stopped saying I am quitting Wow, I just take long breaks.
I switch around between a few games in case I get bored, it keeps things interesting and back for more!
08/09/2017 09:42 AMPosted by DonMartin
Try WoW - it has tons of quests and exploring. Diablo is an action RPG, and not a true RPG. I hope you find what you are looking for. Good luck.

There's almost no RPG in it. It's an action game. I've been struggling to find the fun in it too and seasons used to help with that but it's just feeling like grind for grindings sake.
Can we please get these 1+ year old threads LOCKED?
02/03/2019 08:53 AMPosted by DogBone

Bump, can't believe this is still a thing
02/03/2019 08:53 AMPosted by DogBone

What he/she said!

We have so many necromancers resurrecting old discussions. These dead subjects should drop off of the board after one year. Some people never even look at the date. How hard would it be to just create a NEW discussion.
The thing that should be worrying you guys is the fact that the topic is still relevant after all this time.