Unhallowed Essence Challenge dungeon...

General Discussion
This is complete trash, who designed this:
6 groups of 20

So let's spawn the groups usually in 15-18 spiders, so you waste your potential.

Also, let's not pick a kiteable enemy, since adding the extra bit of skill of "round up 20 enemies then shoot them" shouldn't be possible.

Just pure RNG, hope that there are enough clumps. More fun ;)
Agreed.
Yep, all you can do with this one is keep re-running it. It really sucks running it 20 times the exact same way and knowing you were only successful in the end because the little spiders finally spawned in just the right places.
Its doable when the stars align.
08/02/2017 08:07 PMPosted by QED
Yes, it was one of the easiest set Dungeons I have ever done. Completed first attempt with over 2 minutes to spare. Standard UE speed farm builds eat the dungeon for breakfast. All one has to do is play conservative around the big platforms until you can line up the required shot. Since everything is so weak and vault ignores collision this is no problem at all. There are at least 9 such platforms where one can proc the required shot so even if a few are missed it is still able to be completed.

If you are having toughness problems then swap out F&R for the vault damage reduction ring and place diamonds in armor. The monsters have such low health you can sacrifice a ton of damage off the standard speed farm build and still breeze through it.
08/02/2017 10:59 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
Yes, it was one of the easiest set Dungeons I have ever done. Completed first attempt with over 2 minutes to spare. Standard UE speed farm builds eat the dungeon for breakfast. All one has to do is play conservative around the big platforms until you can line up the required shot. Since everything is so weak and vault ignores collision this is no problem at all. There are at least 9 such platforms where one can proc the required shot so even if a few are missed it is still able to be completed.

If you are having toughness problems then swap out F&R for the vault damage reduction ring and place diamonds in armor. The monsters have such low health you can sacrifice a ton of damage off the standard speed farm build and still breeze through it.
F.O.S, effing troll..
It's not a dungeon for a fresh 70 character. You need to be powerful enough to one shot the mobs. Also, illusory boots are really helpful for running through and clumping spiders.

I'd recommend doing the Natalya set dungeon instead. Its probably one of the easiest dungeons of all the classes.
What you

6 groups of 20

So let's spawn the groups usually in 15-18 spiders, so you waste your potential.

What you do is run past the first group to the second, wait for then to group and line the shot you fool.
08/03/2017 12:09 AMPosted by DarkSpell
What you

6 groups of 20

What you do is run past the first group to the second, wait for then to group and line the shot you fool.
Naw.. really? omg! thankyou SO much for stating the obvious! Yer a big help!.. [massive facepalm]
The RNG factor of the UE Set Dungeon does suck.
But it's the one I do every season. If I haven't gotten at least 4 of the 20x groups after the 2nd large area, I just reset.
You could be the most skilled DH player but if the monster layout isn't ideal in some areas, there is nothing one can do; especially within the time allowed.
Thanks to Vault, I can master this dungeon pretty consistently. The golden rule is to NEVER just shoot and always use Vault to group enemies together a bunch. The time you have is plenty in this dungeon, no need to rush.

IMO, it sucks less than invisible enemies in the ground leading to a single kill missing in the end.
OP, I don't wanna it to sound rude, but it's so easy to master this dungeon that Blizz should harden it.
You're doing something wrong if you can't master it in 2 tries max. Look for tutorials on youtube if you need advices :)
Its the DH set dungeon i do every season. Pretty simple if you know what you are doing
A key point that has been missed out is that Yang's bow is pretty much a requirement for the dungeon. Its resource cost reduction applies to both multishot and vault so basically you have infinite vault, infinite multi shot and so no need for illusionary boots and no worry of failing the 50% discipline requirement. You can take all the time you need on the big platforms to line up packs for the necessary shots and still finish with minutes spare.

Apparently it used to be a lot harder, however they made it easier some patches ago.
A few things really help:

• Illusory boots (act 2 bounty cache)
  • Movement speed
  • Resource cost reduction (Yang's recurve bow and a topaz in your helm)
  • Use the cold rune for multishot, since hits from the rockets of the arsenal rune don't count toward the group hit requirement, but will kill what's hit, thus making the dungeon harder
  • Don't use seethe on vengeance, for the same reason: rocket hits don't count
  • Dismiss your follower

In general, don't waste too much time trying to group up, since there will usually be plenty of opportunities throughout the dungeon. If the group is going to be easily there, take it. If not, kill everything quickly and move to the next opportunity.
I do have to say that the hunter's Unhallowed Essence dungeon is *orders of magnitude* less frustrating than the barbarian's Wrath of the Wastes set dungeon.

That's the worst of all of them, by far.
08/02/2017 10:59 PMPosted by DrSuperGood

Tool.
If you're gonna play DH for a lot longer, then go for Natalya's. It's the easiest to both complete and master.

Although I do have to agree that for UE's set dungeon, you're gonna have to make a few runs before you get the best layout to master it.
i did it the other day, so you know, the entire thing is luck. Most of the boards mobs spawn in a way that is nearly impossible to do. Once in a while they all spawn on each other. thats the one you need to really focus on. Dont try stuff like setting traps just look for the good board spawn.
LOL all the salty downvoting going on in this thread

even downvoting the guy giving you good advice (do another easier set dungeon you dipstick)