1h + offhand question

Necromancer
quick question, when wielding 1h + oh, does PE and toxin base their proc on the combined damage of the two? or just the main hand?
Its based on your weapon damage, a.k.a. overall dps.
08/04/2017 10:08 AMPosted by DarkSpell

so it includes jewelry too? neat..
just wondering cause some people suggest 2h for heavier DOT.

08/04/2017 10:16 AMPosted by Zeruku

Weapon damage and DPS are not the same thing.

Your sheet DPS takes many things into account, including attack speed, and spits out an arbitrary number.

Weapon damage is the actual range on your weapon (plus offhand or jewelry damage). This is what a actually fed into equations when using a skill that does "X% weapon damage".

So, using that logic, you can see why a 2h would have a higher DoT and do more damage if you're spamming skills.

1h/OH combos give way more stats and attack faster. Typically more useful for builds based on procs or CDR.

I personally use a trags/oh the majority of the time for the stats. I only use my Shadowhook when I'm running low rifts or T13 with a Lazymancer build...where stats don't matter and all you want is max damage.
08/04/2017 10:16 AMPosted by Zeruku

"Overall DPS" is incorrect. Attack speed is a fluff modifier for DoTs (i.e. Useless) which is why 2h is weighted heavier. Slow 1h'ers are solid alternatives (Sunkeeper for example). That said I wouldn't trade a Trag's for a Sunkeeper. The legendary affix is simply too strong. Which begs the question, what does Blizzard have in store to drag people playing Necros away from using Trag's Fang, Krysbin or Shadowhook?

But that's a different discussion.