Ramaladnis for jewelry?

General Discussion
having to roll off my main stat for a socket or grind for the perfect ChC/ChD/CDR(or socket)/Mainstat is just monotonous BS, i've gone for 4 and a half months on my live account without a single upgrade for my DH when my items are far from perfect (my amulet and one of my rings are the biggest issues)

i just wanna have a sure fire way to add a socket to my jewely so i don't have to take the lesser of two evils path and leave vitality or life regen on a piece that does't need it.
All the jewelry should roll with a socket, there is no other stat that is more mandatory than that.
08/05/2017 09:12 PMPosted by OsirisKhan
All the jewelry should roll with a socket, there is no other stat that is more mandatory than that.
Just this.
Diablo shud let us wear 8 rings on our fingars. You see why not ten? It is because thumb is not finga? right? haha lol
<Mode: Broken Record>
Ramaldini's Gift should just work on all items able to have sockets.
</Mode>
I like how people downvote this, when the whole original point of Ramaladni's Gift was because originally it was "weapon with socket or GTFO" and Blizzard decided to fix that problem.

Now it's "jewelry with socket or GTFO" and Blizzard shrugs, and it's arguably way more important than the socketed weapon ever was.
I think that all gear should drop with perfect stats, I mean, perfect stats or GTFO, imirite?
They will just make another consumable cube to socket jewelry that will be twice as hard to find.
08/06/2017 04:28 AMPosted by Malmström
I like how people downvote this, when the whole original point of Ramaladni's Gift was because originally it was "weapon with socket or GTFO" and Blizzard decided to fix that problem.

Now it's "jewelry with socket or GTFO" and Blizzard shrugs, and it's arguably way more important than the socketed weapon ever was.

Is there any build worth its weight that doesn't want sockets in its helm, chest, and pants? (I earnestly don't know)
08/06/2017 06:40 AMPosted by Petersen

Is there any build worth its weight that doesn't want sockets in its helm, chest, and pants? (I earnestly don't know)

WD's LoN SB build can afford to use helms that roll with Int, Vit, CHC and SB bonus because CDR or RCR isn't that important.

DH's UE Grenade build may also enchant their Depth Digger for 15% Grenade bonus instead of two sockets.
08/06/2017 04:28 AMPosted by Malmström

No, weapons have fewer affixes to roll, so they are less annoying to roll. But weapons rolling sockets are still troublesome, as you are forced to roll off the socket.

So the issue with jewelry is that there are too many affixes, and getting a good 4 affix roll is much harder than getting a good 4 affix roll on a weapon.

And actually they started with making sockets a standard role on all weapons, and should have sticked to that - as they did jewelry. And all Primal jewelry should roll with a socket, for that very same reason - why only Primal eludes me, but that is the general consensus, as introducing another layer of affixes will greatly demeanor the hunt for jewelry
My "how to fix" idea:
- Remove socket from item affixes pool
- Make item as: 4-2-socket
- Socket can be added by gift or with some costs
08/05/2017 10:59 PMPosted by Shivera
Just this.

Sure want a weapon that also deals 800000000000 damage as well, or a weapon that does 2^128? Its called RNG noob so quit complaining, its fine where it is, it shouldn't be easy to get the best drops you have to FARM them.
08/06/2017 10:16 AMPosted by LazyTurtle
08/05/2017 10:59 PMPosted by Shivera
...Just this.

Sure want a weapon that also deals 800000000000 damage as well, or a weapon that does 2^128? Its called RNG noob so quit complaining, its fine where it is, it shouldn't be easy to get the best drops you have to FARM them.

I know, but lower the drops, make people happy when they see a star on the minimap, right now if you're full build you do 10 GR and in each they drop 10 legendaries, chance of getting something useful is really low, most probably all the 100 items turns into 100 happy forgotten souls. I'll be happy if they lower the drop to 10% of what it is now but if they drop me a ring, make that ring with a socket guaranteed or if it is a weapon, no socket.
08/05/2017 08:33 PMPosted by TheWalrus
having to roll off my main stat for a socket or grind for the perfect ChC/ChD/CDR(or socket)/Mainstat is just monotonous BS, i've gone for 4 and a half months on my live account without a single upgrade

Its called RNG noob so quit complaining, its fine where it is, it shouldn't be easy to get the best drops you have to FARM them.
08/06/2017 07:08 AMPosted by HunterKiller
WD's LoN SB build can afford to use helms that roll with Int, Vit, CHC and SB bonus because CDR or RCR isn't that important.
on that same note they could just cut the vit and throw an amethyst in the socket IMO
08/06/2017 08:48 PMPosted by TheWalrus
on that same note they could just cut the vit and throw an amethyst in the socket IMO

Ideally you would have 55% extra life (belt 15%, shoulders 15%, and 25% paragon, 70% total if you have 15% life on chest instead of armor). 900 vitality on helm will give you 900x1.55x100=139500 health. In order to get that much health from amethyst on helm, you need around 6000 vitality without the helm. That is hard unless you have vitality on gloves and weapon/off hand, and if you do that means your damage will be lower. (no IAS on gloves, no 10% damage or 7% IAS on weapon)

Done ..... in P.A :)
Wut? You do know that most of the high powered jewelry already auto-rolls with a socket, correct? Things like Focus and Restraint, Sunwuko's Amulet, Hellfire Amulet, Convention of Elements, etc., etc.

Applying that to all jewelry simply makes sense. Much more sense than introducing power creep via a gift type item that can apply to jewelry.
08/06/2017 03:10 AMPosted by smileandwave
Diablo shud let us wear 8 rings on our fingars. You see why not ten? It is because thumb is not finga? right? haha lol

Fingars? ok