PoE Servers keep crashing

General Discussion
Just wanted to share with everyone who was upset about Necromancer having issues at first that D3 is not the only game that bad things happen to.

It is normal for most updates that have people excited and flooding in to experience issues.
LOL

A PoE thread fringing in D3 forums...you'll never see the opposite... heh

Nice!
And people think the solution is "just buy more servers" or some such nonsense. Yeah, invest a pile of money for a couple days worth of increase server load? Lul, not in this reality.

People like new things, there's nothing wrong with that. An emergent problem in our society is people wanting to be (and being conditioned by marketing to want to be) the "first" to see the new things.

I'm going to enjoy things that are new to me regardless of whether it's launch day, the next, the following week, or a month after launch, and the delay will have minimal if any affect on that enjoyment (and may enhance it, as bugs may be worked out later rather than sooner).
Btw, it just proves how incredibly successful and popular PoE is. I'm queued among +10,000 players on the US Washington server, and there are 15(?) servers worldwide. It's really amazing...
I'm pretty sure, Blizzard is studying CLOSELY on the successful business model Grinding Gear Games currently owns...
08/04/2017 04:06 PMPosted by PowerCosmic
I'm pretty sure, Blizzard is studying CLOSELY on the successful business model Grinding Gear Games currently owns...

They're too busy looking at the trendline of ATVI over the last 6 months.
08/04/2017 04:13 PMPosted by BobWitchDR

They're too busy looking at the trendline of ATVI over the last 6 months.

Yeah NK. From a financial point of view they don't need to change anything at all.
08/04/2017 04:04 PMPosted by PowerCosmic
Btw, it just proves how incredibly successful and popular PoE is. I'm queued among +10,000 players on the US Washington server, and there are 15(?) servers worldwide. It's really amazing...

I guess there are alot of players out there looking to keep playing old school games.

Blizzard made all the money with D3. Even if D4 is only half as popular, they'll still be knocking it out of the park.
And let's not forget how well their other IPs are doing. You can point out as many problems as you want, but Blizzard don't care because they still stacking papers, all the way to the ceiling.
08/04/2017 04:04 PMPosted by PowerCosmic

So successful it can't keep its servers up and has queues to log in?

Sounds like D3 at launch.
08/04/2017 03:55 PMPosted by Demonmonger
Just wanted to share with everyone who was upset about Necromancer having issues at first that D3 is not the only game that bad things happen to.

It is normal for most updates that have people excited and flooding in to experience issues.

PoE servers were only crashing for 1-2 hours, then it ran fine all day long. Compared to the infamous Error 37 this is nothing. D3's launch is probably one of the worst in video game history.

The expansion has added more content than D3 has received combined since launch and the game runs great. Plus, they are already releasing a patch and fixing issues less than 12 hours since launch.

It's nice to play a game where the developers actually fix stuff in a timely manner. Sure is a lot better than watching Blizzard ask the community to not exploit anything for a few days until they can finally get around to fixing problems. If they even decide to fix them at all.
i played without any interruption, but yeah there was a few ppl who had to wait in the queue. from 6 to about 12 midnight pst.