Do you think future character packs will come?

General Discussion
08/02/2017 03:36 PMPosted by Demonmonger
08/02/2017 03:19 PMPosted by starcraft111
Honestly, I doubt we'll see more content for D3. And given how long it took them eight months to finish the Necromancer (likely more, eight months is from the announcement date), I doubt we'll see any new D3 content before D4.

So you expect D4 within a year?

I would be stoked if that happened!!!!

Not the game, but an announcement
I really want D4 and it feels long due but with the necromancer release being so recent it feels like they would continue with more D3 content, at least for this year.
08/03/2017 04:04 AMPosted by Lustrick
I really want D4 and it feels long due but with the necromancer release being so recent it feels like they would continue with more D3 content, at least for this year.

For sure, and to add, the Necromancer has been an extreme success in terms of sales and player enjoyment.

Obviously, you have those that complain about the most minute things, but they would have done that no matter what. They are the people that cannot think for themselves, and need a reason to justify everything they do, which is never going to be the group of people that success is derived from.
For sure, and to add, the Necromancer has been an extreme success in terms of sales and player enjoyment.

Do we know other than that it sold really well in it's 3 first days? And that being comparison to other dlcs rather than getting actual numbers.

Not ranting, I'm just curious.
08/03/2017 05:01 AMPosted by Ruined

Do we know other than that it sold really well in it's 3 first days? And that being comparison to other dlcs rather than getting actual numbers.

Not ranting, I'm just curious.

I don't think we'll ever get the actual sale numbers. That said, I think in the paid to watch streamer pod casts that they did, they said that the necromancer launch went really well in their eyes. Which given how many necromancers I've seen this season, I can believe that, (and then you have to take into account some people like myself, who have the necro, but didn't roll it this season). Even some streamers who have left Diablo 3 a while back, came back for this alone.

Hell at a few points I even had the servers are busy, please wait. Pop up, which I haven't seen in ages. I would imagine the sale did go well, and they probably are at least talking about a new class. Whether they'll actually go through with it, or just move on to a different Diablo game though is anyone's guess.
While the Necro is cool and different the main part is still the same, the content. Sure we got a new class but a new class to do the same thing with. New zones, tile-sets and QOL changes are nice but once that wears off its the same thing.
08/02/2017 10:29 AMPosted by Petersen
Can you not do Bounties? Normal Rifts? What about resetting your quest progress and playing through the "campaign" again?
I did, but eventually, that old content gets tired. So I chose to sit on the sideline until either they add content, or I completely outgrow the game. I'm not stuck on Diablo or ARPG, I can play and enjoy other games.
08/02/2017 06:29 AMPosted by Thanatos
I still haven't bought the Necro (not because I dislike the Necro, I have other reasons) and I was curious what everyone's thoughts are about it, mostly about the Necro being a purchaseable addon.

Do you guys think this has potential to be a long-term series of additions to keep the game fresh? Or does Necro seem more like a one-time thing?

Would you guys purchase future packs for a Druid / Assassin / Amazon etc.?

I have a lot of issues with the "identity" of D3 as it is now, but I know I'd be all over the Assassin if they decided to bring it back.

Curious on your thoughts!

This game could have been capable of such amazing feats and Blizzard squandered it's potential with their own arrogance, direction, and attitude towards the game which let it circle the drain instead of becoming something revolutionary.

At this point, the only thing that can save the franchise is a properly made Diablo 4.
All I need is ability to get/earn/buy more stash space (not doing seasons much, don't like it) and steady progress for casuals above gr75 on any game class.
08/03/2017 10:13 AMPosted by Shooran
All I need is ability to get/earn/buy more stash space (not doing seasons much, don't like it) and steady progress for casuals above gr75 on any game class.

This is such an important topic.

It is pretty clear that they do not want you to play many builds, or all classes, because of the lack of stash tabs.

If they truly wanted you to play your way, they would allow people to buy stash tabs, which would afford us to store even the most unlikely of primals, for the chance that when we are bored, we piece together some random GR65 max capable build with the items. Heck, sometimes that is actually more fun than any other way the game is currently played!
08/03/2017 11:49 AMPosted by Demonmonger
Heck, sometimes that is actually more fun than any other way the game is currently played

You kiddin'? What could be more fun, than doing 100 grifts a day for years?
Ahh, yes, there is something... Bounties. More fun.
Two things to consider:

1) There haven't been any major content changes to the game that would bring back veteran players in quite some time now (give or take two years)

2) Considering how reluctant they initially were to put the Necro in the game - they already liked Witch Doctor which is basically Necro 2.0 - and now they have anyway, that to me seems to indicate that they're at this point just providing some fan service and trying to squeeze the last bits of revenue out of this title before they close the books on it.

Unless the necro pack is a HUGE financial success I can't see the justification for spending more development time on a product that has probably already outlived its profitability by a year or two.

"Give the people what they want"
Amazon, spear skills, javelins, thrown weapons, Valkyrie just Zon Zon Zon :P

I support anything that brings the true Amazon about (not the dh which is kind of an attempt at a zon/assassin hybrid)

That physical melee Zon that can mix it up in the thick of things and "may" branch into ranged (box) combat, but spear n shield n dagger.

Ooh, make zons able to dual wield daggers....
I think it's quite possible. The next Diablo game is likely still several years off, and I think the Rise of the Necromancer pack showed there was market for this type of thing. It probably, ultimately, depend on how many resources Blizzard would be willing to put onto such projects.
08/03/2017 12:37 PMPosted by Vlambaar
1) There haven't been any major content changes to the game that would bring back veteran players in quite some time now (give or take two years)

The only major streamer of the last 2-3 years that has not come back to at least give the Necro a fair shot was Quin. He is a rat looking for cash though, so he will play whatever his rat posy tells him to play.
08/03/2017 03:26 PMPosted by Arawn
Amazon, spear skills, javelins, thrown weapons, Valkyrie just Zon Zon Zon :P

I support anything that brings the true Amazon about (not the dh which is kind of an attempt at a zon/assassin hybrid)

If they do not give us amazon, I would settle for them turning the Immortal king set into a fully functioning weapon throw setup. Would be really fun to have a formidable spear build for Barbs.