To everyone closing a rift early try this

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 Next
OP, google "ultimate insult" from Billy Madison, this is my reply to you
If only they could remove Greater Rift Keys.

Farming keys is actually boring and inefficient uses of our time.

There are better ways to farm Death Breaths.
There are Better ways to farm Legendary/hr.
There are better ways to farm mats. (much better ways)
There are better ways to farm Goblins. (Especially Rainbows)
There are better ways to gain XP/hr.
There are better ways to farm bloodshard.

So the questions I ask myself is why do normal rift at all if not for the "Keys".

That's the ONLY thing Normal Rift are good for.
08/02/2017 02:13 PMPosted by storytime42
You're logic is flawed.

your* learn the difference please.
08/02/2017 02:29 PMPosted by geronimo789

Absolutely the only reason I'll keep going after killing the guardian is if it's raining elites and légendaires, and I'm having fun. Well, and if I'm PL-in someone that's now at 68, I will keep at it to get him to 70 and move up the difficulty.

Cemetery... The ONLY rift I run through completely, it's sooo full of bosses it is really a waste to close early, other than that I am porting back before the RG hits the floor...
10/06/2017 09:39 PMPosted by Tubs

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul!
10/06/2017 11:43 PMPosted by theNix
10/06/2017 09:39 PMPosted by Tubs

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul!

Now, where was I?

Yes, Australia.
10/06/2017 07:36 PMPosted by Jitter
Never have excess mats always be burning them as you play. No hoarding if they are not used you are wasting time to get upgrades. Having 8000 death breaths does nothing for you.

Most people use them for stupid stuff. Plus you have a 1% chance you are going to make what you really need. So let see here I had over 25,000 of them in non season. When all the people were running around with their heads cut off looking DB. I was making set pieces and weapons for my necromancer.

Once you get to a point in the game. You are wasting your time trying to up grade stuff. If you do get something it is like 0 to 1% it will help you. I have played 1000's and 1000's of rifts. About 80% of the time I have got more drops & DB after the RG than before.
If grift keys are all you want, then the fastest way is not closing the rift and waiting for 30 sec cooldown, but finding a new game which is probably already underway, and TP to a Wiz or DH. That will take way less than 30 secs. On average the game will be 50% complete so you'll only have to do half a rift. The only thing you'll lose by not closing the rift will be a little EXP, and who cares about that? You get your keys faster and the others can carry on farming.
10/07/2017 05:42 AMPosted by Scourge
If grift keys are all you want, then the fastest way is not closing the rift and waiting for 30 sec cooldown, but finding a new game which is probably already underway, and TP to a Wiz or DH. That will take way less than 30 secs. On average the game will be 50% complete so you'll only have to do half a rift. The only thing you'll lose by not closing the rift will be a little EXP, and who cares about that? You get your keys faster and the others can carry on farming.

Ty for the tip sir.
If you're running the rift for items I think closing it early is rude in group play, and unnecessary at solo play. You can't imagine how many times I came across goblin packs, goblin shrines and reflection pools after I killed the Rift Guardian.

edit: Sure, heck. If you're fully equipped with Primals you have all the rights in the world to skip the entire rift once you got your key. Yet remember, once you buried the possibility of a gob pack by closing the rift way ahead of its time, I do believe they're less likely to spawn just before the Rift Guardian next time. I mean you can sure be lucky but there's a limit to that. You can't have a lucky streak of pools or gob packs all of a sudden if you don't explore and keep the chain kills.

Game likes to reward players if you keep chaining kills, no harm would be done to move ahead to farm more items and breathes. If you can effectively massacre the mobs in a blink, game more likely to reward you at the next floor with close packed elites, pools or goblins if you keep the pace. Refreshing the rift sounds like a waste of effort for me to start over again.
10/07/2017 09:54 AMPosted by naksiloth
If you're running the rift for items I think closing it early is rude in group play, and unnecessary at solo play. You can't imagine how many times I came across goblin packs and reflection pools after I killed the Rift Guardian.

The odds of you coming across a gob pack or reflection pool after the rg is exactly the same as you finding it at the start of the next rift. There is no real reason to continue the rift.
08/02/2017 02:11 PMPosted by JDog914
OP is assuming that items and mats are why a player does a rift. A lot of players do the regular rift just for the key. The items and mats have zero value for them. Therefore, closing the rift and opening a new one is the only way to get the one thing they did the rift for. The extra floors are just a waste of time.

Now look at it this way: let's say you did 6 floors of a rift to complete or did 3 rifts of 2 floors closing at RG. You still did 6 floors in both instances. However, you've gotten 3X bonus XP for closing the rift not to mention 3X rift guardian items and mats. Plus 3 keys versus one for basically the same time investment. Seems to me as if closing is better.

I useal not get any drops before guardian is dead, I maybe get 1 or 2 items before hes dead, and then i get like 12-18 items after hes dead. I have 1000 keys and dont need more so i do the rifts for drops, since i get best drops in normal rifts compared to greater rifts.
10/06/2017 10:58 PMPosted by PonyKiller
08/02/2017 02:13 PMPosted by storytime42
You're logic is flawed.

Punctuation. Learn it. Capitalization. Learn it.
10/07/2017 12:42 PMPosted by Vresiberba
10/06/2017 10:58 PMPosted by PonyKiller

Punctuation. Learn it. Capitalization. Learn it.

That's not right either.
Bump
Maybe if we had more defined options for public games, this would be a non issue. They could add Rift Clears to the public game option, just like they could break the Greater rift options up by level range. GR30-40, GR41-50, GR51-60. etc.... With this method more people could find those games with like minded people.
10/08/2017 09:05 AMPosted by Vendetta
Maybe if we had more defined options for public games, this would be a non issue. They could add Rift Clears to the public game option, just like they could break the Greater rift options up by level range. GR30-40, GR41-50, GR51-60. etc.... With this method more people could find those games with like minded people.

define "more people" please? how do you figure people will find games if there is 50 options? the few people remaining should not be further separated. let's face facts, we need LESS difficulty options, and less specific games. who's to say a group running grift 50 suddenly wants to attempt 70, they need to leave and rejoin so the game type is accurate? clearing rifts is so unnecessary anymore. you don't pay to open them and you're still getting mats and legs in the new rift anyway. oh no, i missed out on.. nothing. you don't wanna stop? keep fighting during the 30s countdown, then hop right in the new rift. problem solved.
10/08/2017 09:05 AMPosted by Vendetta

That's why they have communities. Pubs are pubs. They are a quick way to find a full game. They already have 4 options (bounties, rifts, grifts, brawling) along with the 258 difficulty levels we have. Most of these are constantly empty. Adding more would just make the process cumbersome.
Holy crap, this thread was brought back from the dead???

LMAO