To everyone closing a rift early try this

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 12 Next
08/02/2017 02:49 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
but only because I just enjoy blowing monsters

?
As players we can close the rift after the rift guardian is killed or continue and clear the whole rift. Me myself I like to clear the whole rift after the RG has been killed just because I like to milk the rift for everything it's got. Many times I collect up to 8 or more legs plus mat's and goblins to boot in a single rift. Why else would Blizzard make that option? You people can do what you want as for myself I'm sticking around for more goodies.
08/02/2017 07:41 PMPosted by tx3000
People keep failing to understand that Clearing 3 rifts at 2 levels each is not the same as clearing one 6 level rift and they are losing items and mats.

And yet when doing it your way you refuse to work your theory the other way
You speak of losing items not doing full clears, but refuse to acknowledge that the 1 item that most people are there to get, is the one thing they will have a shortage on., Main reason to do a rift is for the grift key, doing 2 levels and kill RG and close will give me 3 rift stones, your way will give me 1.

08/02/2017 05:01 PMPosted by Cuddlebear
Anyone who doesn't close their rift after the RG has taken an informal IQ test and placed below average.

Why? If you aren't specifically after keys and as many as possible as quickly as possible, why does it matter.

People continue failing to apply what is being left behind instead of what they wind up with.

Such a shame you use a lot of assumptions. The only thing guaranteed to drop in a rift is the rift stones,
I need DBs but every boss I kill isn't guaranteed to drop one

People continue failing to apply what is being left behind instead of what they wind up with.

Mainly because people don't care, 99% of people are there for the rift keys and get there legendarys from the better drop area of high level GR
Obviously the most efficient way is to close and GR. Personally I like to clear the rare spawning open / high density Death Breath maps like Highlands or Cemetery, because it only takes one minute to collect non-Greater Rift Death's Breaths if the maps worth it which some early-closers don't understand (yet they talk/act so superior).

The polite thing to do is ask, and that's the problem with early-closers.

I don't care if people close the rift early for most maps, I just don't like the totally arrogant / unnecessary attitude that goes with those always-close players. They're like meta-deckers in HS, copy and don't bother to relax about a game?

The early rift closers are usually super-tryhard who act like they're so intelligent / clearly smarter than everyone on the planet. Do they realize there is no intelligence involved in Diablo 3? The game is all layed out on Google, and everyone straight up plays the same few builds. Nobody's impressed when you can clear fast and or close a rift early, you Googled your build, and that doesn't make you incredibly smart / close-early.

It's amusing when certain players are so intent on collecting their keys as 'intelligent / so smart' as possible, without realizing the value of spending 1 extra minute on a good map that cannot be had in a Greater Rift. Again for 95% of maps it makes sense to close early, but it is always polite to ask first unless clearly everyone's moving about the same speed / on the same page.

Groupmeta Greater Rifts are not amazing / fun and 99% of the 'always close early regardless of map' players won't get famous or top-10 in their leaderboard attempt with a Googled build everyone knows and nobody is surprised by. It's the always-close players arrogant attitude that's the problem - not closing the Rift itself because logically it makes sense. Politely the early-closers could ask before closing, but they don't because they're 'so intelligent / absolutely smarter than you' in their minds.

GG w their Googled build, nobody's impressed, barf.
08/02/2017 10:17 PMPosted by Thorodan
Obviously the most efficient way is to close and GR. Personally I like to clear the rare spawning open / high density Death Breath maps like Highlands or Cemetery, because it only takes one minute to collect non-Greater Rift Death's Breaths if the maps worth it which some early-closers don't understand (yet they talk/act so superior).

The polite thing to do is ask, and that's the problem with early-closers.

I don't care if people close the rift early for most maps, I just don't like the totally arrogant / unnecessary attitude that goes with those always-close players. They're like meta-deckers in HS, copy and don't bother to relax about a game?

The early rift closers are usually super-tryhard who act like they're so intelligent / clearly smarter than everyone on the planet. Do they realize there is no intelligence involved in Diablo 3? The game is all layed out on Google, and everyone straight up plays the same few builds. Nobody's impressed when you can clear fast and or close a rift early, you Googled your build, and that doesn't make you incredibly smart / close-early.

It's amusing when certain players are so intent on collecting their keys as 'intelligent / so smart' as possible, without realizing the value of spending 1 extra minute on a good map that cannot be had in a Greater Rift. Again for 95% of maps it makes sense to close early, but it is always polite to ask first unless clearly everyone's moving about the same speed / on the same page.

Groupmeta Greater Rifts are not amazing / fun and 99% of the 'always close early regardless of map' players won't get famous or top-10 in their leaderboard attempt with a Googled build everyone knows and nobody is surprised by. It's the always-close players arrogant attitude that's the problem - not closing the Rift itself because logically it makes sense. Politely the early-closers could ask before closing, but they don't because they're 'so intelligent / absolutely smarter than you' in their minds.

GG w their Googled build, nobody's impressed, barf.

And im not impressed by this, dont like it join a clan/party that doesnt close or closes when you want too.

You have 2 options

1) Make a party or play with friends/clan members
2) Stop QQ about closing a rift in public games.
Its not an insult its a fact. Some people are idiots, its that simple. Half the population is below average. Nothing will ever change that, its just a measurement.

By that reasoning its likely about half the D3 population are idiots. Anyone who doesn't close their rift after the RG has taken an informal IQ test and placed below average.

You're skewing things. It's a fact some people are idiots. It's a fact roughly half people are below average. By that reasoning sure, half of Diablo 3 population MAY be idiots, but continuing that logic that means roughly 50% of those that close rifts immediately are also idiots that are easily swayed by people attempting to state their opinions as facts and use condescending and insulting words to sway simple minds. Typically those that state their opinions are facts and anything that is not their opinion is wrong are going to fall into the category of 'the general idiot'.

Just because you like to close rifts immediately does not make it a fact that those that enjoy clearing rifts are in the wrong. Your reasons and opinions for closing rifts immediately are just that: your reasons and opinions. Not facts. You are not in the right any more than the player that states it's a fact continuing rifts is the only right way to play.

You are not automatically right that closing rifts immediately is the 'right way to play' as that is nothing more than your opinion based on how you want to play. It may come as a shock to you, but not everyone wants to play the way Cuddlebear plays. There is nothing wrong with clearing rifts. There is nothing wrong with immediately closing rifts. They are merely two different ways to go through the game that have no definite right or wrong to them, as their uses is based on what the player wants to do with their time. Not everyone worries about optimum efficiency. Not everyone worries about slaying every single trash mob either. Both are fine.

So stop attempting to tout your narrow minded opinion as fact and the only 'right way to play' because when it comes to playing a game for fun, there is no definite right or wrong way.

It makes you sound like an idiot.
08/02/2017 11:18 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
Its not an insult its a fact. Some people are idiots, its that simple. Half the population is below average. Nothing will ever change that, its just a measurement.

By that reasoning its likely about half the D3 population are idiots. Anyone who doesn't close their rift after the RG has taken an informal IQ test and placed below average.

You're skewing things. It's a fact some people are idiots. It's a fact roughly half people are below average. By that reasoning sure, half of Diablo 3 population MAY be idiots, but continuing that logic that means roughly 50% of those that close rifts immediately are also idiots that are easily swayed by people attempting to state their opinions as facts and use condescending and insulting words to sway simple minds. Typically those that state their opinions are facts and anything that is not their opinion is wrong are going to fall into the category of 'the general idiot'.

Just because you like to close rifts immediately does not make it a fact that those that enjoy clearing rifts are in the wrong. Your reasons and opinions for closing rifts immediately are just that: your reasons and opinions. Not facts. You are not in the right any more than the player that states it's a fact continuing rifts is the only right way to play.

You are not automatically right that closing rifts immediately is the 'right way to play' as that is nothing more than your opinion based on how you want to play. It may come as a shock to you, but not everyone wants to play the way Cuddlebear plays. There is nothing wrong with clearing rifts. There is nothing wrong with immediately closing rifts. They are merely two different ways to go through the game that have no definite right or wrong to them, as their uses is based on what the player wants to do with their time. Not everyone worries about optimum efficiency. Not everyone worries about slaying every single trash mob either. Both are fine.

So stop attempting to tout your narrow minded opinion as fact and the only 'right way to play' because when it comes to playing a game for fun, there is no definite right or wrong way.

It makes you sound like an idiot.

Most of what you said applies to the OP as well, just putting it out there :)

And it is a FACT that closing and restarting nets you more shards, xp and keys. If you do or don't care about that then it's your OPINION ;)
"There is no right way to play"

I mean...okay. Ya. Play your way by all means. But you are playing significantly less efficient if you full clear Nephalem Rifts.

You'll get less GR keys, less xp, and less blood shards. Your mats and items will be roughly the same.

Play your way by all means. But just don't act like it's the "right" way. It's like you're saying taking the scenic route to work is just as good as the fastest way. It might be fun every once in a while. But over all, you're adding 15 minutes each way to your commute everyday to see things you've already seen.
08/03/2017 04:33 AMPosted by Jako

I mean...okay. Ya. Play your way by all means. But you are playing significantly less efficient if you full clear Nephalem Rifts.

You'll get less GR keys, less xp, and less blood shards. Your mats and items will be roughly the same.

Play your way by all means. But just don't act like it's the "right" way. It's like you're saying taking the scenic route to work is just as good as the fastest way. It might be fun every once in a while. But over all, you're adding 15 minutes each way to your commute everyday to see things you've already seen.

I never said clearing rifts is the right way to play. I said it was one way to play. I am well aware you get less loot and xp overall. I dont give a rat's !@#$ about that if i feel like doing full clears. Not everyone worries about their efficiency 100% of the time.

Some days you just want to slaughter demons and that is when full clears can be fun. There is nothing wrong with this.

For some players that may be the wrong way for them to play. That is fine they can choose to not clear rifts. But trying to force their opinion on me that clearing rifts is the "wrong way to play" and claiming things every person that clears rifts is an idiot is a very narrow minded view.
08/03/2017 04:33 AMPosted by Jako

I never said clearing rifts is the right way to play. I said it was a valid to play. I am well aware you get less loot and xp overall. I dont give a rat's !@#$ about that if i feel like doing full clears. Not everyone worries about their efficiency 100% of the time.

Some days you just want to slaughter demons and that is when full clears can be fun. There is nothing wrong with this.

For some players that may be the wrong way for them to play. That is fine they can choose to not clear rifts. But trying to force their opinion on me that clearing rifts is the "wrong way to play" and claiming things every person that clears rifts is an idiot is a very narrow minded view.

They have the right to the opinion that closing rifts immediately is right for them but trying to enforce it as "the only right way to play" is asinine.
I'm still waiting for Tx3000 to explain to me what's magical about the last half of the rift that differentiates it from the first half of the next rift.

I mean, if you want to clear the rift, that's fine, more power to you. I've done that a couple times. However, advancing it as more efficient leaves me... skeptical.

Now, if NRifts were the ones that required keys, *THEN* we'd have very interesting discussion, but as it stands, I don't see how getting fewer rift guardians per time is advantageous, even given that you're going to be waiting out that 30 second timer more frequently.
It's not like teleporting back to town after killing the RG is that different than teleporting back at some other point deeper into the rift.

You should be going back every so often to salvage, gamble, and identify items anyways. So you have to return to town eventually in this game. It's a part of the game.

Players shouldn't act like "Well all I wanna do is slaughter monsters" - you're doing that either way. One way gives you more loot in the process though. So why not do it that way?

Unless you're just ignoring everything on the ground when you run rifts...in which case kudos to you for not looking for mats or upgrades. But then it sounds like you should be running Greater Rifts instead.
08/03/2017 05:50 AMPosted by Jako
But then it sounds like you should be running Greater Rifts instead.

I wish I could just run GRifts forever and get all the stuff I need just from the Rift Guardian drops. I pretty much just want to kill monsters and not have to worry about looting until the end.

But I need keystones to do GRifts, and I need DBs and act mats which don't drop from GRift Guardians. Bleh.
Trying to say you cannot be guaranteed a legendary is false, you are guaranteed at least 2 per level.

Really?? I've had many instances where I cleared 3 or 4 maps on a rift and found no legendaries. You can get 8 on a floor or none on a floor, rng is rng.

Btw, do you farm more downvotes if you post all the way to the end of the thread or by making new threads and leaving early?
I think the OP is missing the basic point here:

What they are trying to say, is that fully clearing ONE rift will potentially reward you better than clearing ONE rift to the RG and closing.

On THAT aspect, I can agree. HOWEVER.

What the OP is completely missing the point about is this:

When you look at the two ways to run a normal rift, TIME is what is being factored.

If I can open and close 3 rifts in the time it takes the OP to run 1 rift, and we both are doing the same amount of monster killing and collecting from chests/breakables, the amount of legendary drops ARE THE SAME over the time spent doing those rifts.

BUT.

I get additional shards. I get more gold. I get more keys, more souls, more experience, etc. Plus I have those additional shards to gamble for even more legendaries, so I even gain there.

So OP's way: Time consuming and less rewarding.

Everyone else's way: Efficient, more rewarding, more popular.

Again, as I said before OP you can run it your way. But you can't force it over what everyone else knows works better, especially in public games.

Game on.
08/02/2017 10:21 PMPosted by Faux

And im not impressed by this, dont like it join a clan/party that doesnt close or closes when you want too.

You have 2 options

1) Make a party or play with friends/clan members
2) Stop QQ about closing a rift in public games.

You ignored when I said closing a rift is fine most of the time. You tried to frame my post as 100% against closing rifts always every time. You absolutely didn't acknowledge the negative attitude that generally goes with early rift closers like yourself. Not asking / notifying before closing can be rude, it is a possibility, and you're certainly not above respecting others because you want to do your thousandth Greater Rift as soon as possible maximize efficiency and come to the forums to mislabel people.

By your "Stop QQ, I'm superior, I'm intelligent, I'm unstoppable, I use embarrassing gamer forum terms like QQ to sound smart / cool" writing style you use, you can see why early rift closers - like you - are usually rude.

Do you say "Stop QQ' in real life to people? How embarrassing. Continue to close rifts without asking, because asking is the point of my post which you totally ignored.

Do you just use those words on this gaming forum without realizing 'yea closing a rift early without asking can be rude'.

"Stop QQ" who says that in real life to other people? Who closes a rift early without asking / notifying? Can it possibly be rude to not ask / notify the group? Is it possible?
Asking whether the public group is ready to close the rift only takes a few sentences and is polite. The only reason to not do it is when everyone agreed at the very beginning to power through rifts and close as quickly as possible.

If the group at large wants to close rifts, I just go along with it. If the group at large wants to clear rifts, I just go along with it. Either way is a valid way to play and if I disagree with what the other three players want to do, I will simply go find another game.

No need to try to force my opinions as facts on others and try to strong arm them into playing how I want to play.
TIL in August of 2017 we will still have people arguing about full clearing rifts.

OP: you're missing time in your thought "process."

In the time it takes you to full clear 6 floors in 3 rifts for your 36 legendaries, I can full clear 2 floors in 9 rifts for the same 36 legendaries. The difference is I gain even more than you by earning more experience, more rift keys, more shards, and more gold.

It took you an hour to full clear 3 rifts for your 36 legs. It took me an hour to partial clear my 9 rifts for my 36 legs, keys, xp, shards, and gold.

If it still doesn't make sense to you, use the search function to read one of the hundred other posts on this same topic.
If you play solo or with friends, do what you want.
If you play public, don't expect others to follow flawed logic.
Most public games I have been in were for keys only. So closing only makes sense.
If I'm in a public rift game, and people keep clearing after the RG, I'll usually give them the benefit of the doubt for one rift. Maybe they're getting insane loot and are just rolling with it. By the second one, if you're not out and closing shortly after the RG is down, I'm closing and leaving the game, and joining a new game.

I only stay in for full clears if I'm in a mood to go at a lazy pace and don't care about efficiency, and I only stay in to clear the floor the RG spawned on if its a good floor layout with lots of elites like the Jail or Graveyard maps.