Trim the fat

General Discussion
Let's get rid of Bounties, Set dungeons and Challenge rifts. Let's focus instead on Rifts and Greater Rifts. Rifts are the bread and butter of D3 and it's best content.
I'm tired of rifts. We need something else.
What inspired this, exactly..?

Mate, in case you haven't noticed, most here are soft core. They're not pushers.
08/05/2017 12:15 AMPosted by BobWitchDR
I'm tired of rifts. We need something else.

Well I can't get enough of them. I'm addicted!
Lol, game is years old and there is no subscription. Realistically how much time do you expect to be invested in new free content aside from bug fixing?
Besides, the op is actually asking for a major redirection of content for nothing.

Lol again.
Delete (get rid of) content? No.
08/05/2017 12:06 AMPosted by IAM
Let's get rid of Bounties, Set dungeons and Challenge rifts. Let's focus instead on Rifts and Greater Rifts. Rifts are the bread and butter of D3 and it's best content.

Cutting content is almost never a good idea.
Well without bounties we can trim the fat off the game and just have towns. Everybody just needs to hang around the Nephelam Obelisk.
08/05/2017 12:06 AMPosted by IAM

And pesky Barbs... lets get rid of them too.

D'oh. I mentioned Barbs... now this thread is gong to get moved to the Barb Forums. Sorry my bad.
+1 for the irony nobody got.
08/05/2017 05:21 AMPosted by BlossomDead
+1 for the irony nobody got.

Poe's Law.
Trim the Normal Rifts and create cool / difficult / loot-granting / exploring-requiring Quests for each act. Don't allow boss runs, but don't make bosses and white mobs totally obsolete so the game is only about killing elites and skipping absolutely everything until the next elite.

Trim the weapon damage basis so that leveling a character doesn't revolve around having a 2 hander.

Trim the speed of 1-70 leveling so that upgrades matter while leveling, without outleveling any upgrades and your 2h weapon in a few minutes.

Trim the dependence on sets making all other builds worthless, maybe introduce something like HRs so whites matter.

Trim the way too easy difficulty of Ubers and make them an endgame to gear for besides Greater Rifts.

Trim the ability to craft the best items in the game which takes away from drops actually feeling cool.

Trim the idea that 1-70 is a joke part of the game and their overemphasized '"the real Diablo starts at max level" mindset. Why can't leveling and upgrades matter starting at level 1 instead of 70?

If your going to encourage 4-player Greater Rifting all season, care about adjusting that meta each season so it feels new and fresh, instead of leaving it.

etc etc.
Rifts are awful and ruined the game. Abandoning all other content to focus on time trials with endless difficulty scaling killed D3.