Support Necro Guide

Necromancer
Video Guide: https://youtu.be/pkyZ-ZT-oQ4

DiabloFans Guide: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/94924-support-necro-3m-gr95
The spear/gloves of worship thing seems lame when we can replace gloves with pestilence, grab a born's set, and have an aquila. This allows you to get rid of the esoteric and replace with an iceblink, further elevating group damage.
09/04/2017 01:00 PMPosted by Bodach
The spear/gloves of worship thing seems lame when we can replace gloves with pestilence, grab a born's set, and have an aquila. This allows you to get rid of the esoteric and replace with an iceblink, further elevating group damage.
First of all Fluffy's iteration is played with 'Aquila Cuirass' (cubed) and without 'Esoteric' (iceblink, toxic and gogok in the setup) and second of all to benefit from 'Borns Command' 3-set bonus (CDR) you usually would have to give up 'Lornelle's Sunstone' (for RoRG) and with that a huge chunk of your damage mitigation and last but not least you clearly underrestimate the potential power of 'Ahavarion - Spear of Lycancer' https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ahavarion-spear-of-lycander shrine buffs, since they are global buffs and every groupmember benefit (2minutes) from those.
Even proc rate is pretty low and only occurs then killing demons, it still worth to equip -> with zWiz instead of 2nd ratDPS, you can even double the chance of multiple shrine buffs.

Enlightened
25% more XP
Empowered
50% cooldown reduction
100% increased resource gain
Blessed
25% global damage reduction
Frenzied
25% attackspeed
Fleeting
25% movementspeed
20yard pickup radius
Fortune
25% gold & magic find
I see folks dropping Gloves of Worship + Spear Lycander in favour of Blood Brother as the weapon cube slot which gives a 20% chance to block attacks which when blocked deals 30% less damage and the next attack is buffed 30%.

This allows you to wear Pestilence gloves, wear Cuirass and then put in Strongarms as the armor cube slot...it then means you wear APD's to get huge damage mitigation again so you can rush into a pack, launch Land of the Dead and spam Death Nova with APD's proccing...
How does 'Blood Brother' https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blood-brother support your group!?
Grants a 15–20% chance to block attacks. Blocked attacks inflict 30% less damage. After blocking an attack, your next attack inflicts 30% additional damage.
The "your" wording is quite precise in d3 and usually refers to your own character only and on top of that 'Blood Brother' proc only hit one enemy with zNecro (AoE) attacks (Bone Spear, Death Nova, 2p Pestilence Corpse Lance) see:
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170905/gfzao78h.jpg

So you tradeoff groupbuffs for more damage mitigation (which you don´t need for speeds) and combine this with an awful weapon slot choice, which does not help your group.
Why you ever would do that!?

Besides that how monsters are able to hit you (so you can block attacks), while 'Land of the Dead - Frozen Lands' is up (which usually should be up 24/7)!?
Equip 'Blood Brother' in cube makes absolute no sense for me at all.
The Build should be playey with max attack speed. It produce much more Globs. The dead Nova is not so usefull. In non Season i drop the der Ring for hellfire too
09/05/2017 07:08 AMPosted by Loque
How does 'Blood Brother' https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blood-brother support your group!?
Grants a 15–20% chance to block attacks. Blocked attacks inflict 30% less damage. After blocking an attack, your next attack inflicts 30% additional damage.
The "your" wording is quite precise in d3 and usually refers to your own character only and on top of that 'Blood Brother' proc only hit one enemy with zNecro (AoE) attacks (Bone Spear, Death Nova, 2p Pestilence Corpse Lance) see:
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170905/gfzao78h.jpg

So you tradeoff groupbuffs for more damage mitigation (which you don´t need) and combine this with an awful weapon slot choice, which does not help your group.
Why you ever would do that!?

Besides that how monsters are able to hit you (so you can block attacks), while 'Land of the Dead - Frozen Lands' is up (which usually should be up 24/7)!?
Equip 'Blood Brother' in cube makes absolute no sense at all.

You'd have to ask the plethora of people using it...are some of the buffs/debuffs from it group wide?

I'm just reporting that many people are switching to it and there must be a reason for it.
09/05/2017 07:12 AMPosted by Fanatic
The Build should be playey with max attack speed. It produce much more Globs. The dead Nova is not so usefull. In non Season i drop the der Ring for hellfire too
Attackspeed has no direct influence on your globe production, since 'Devour' Frames per Animation (FPA) are fixed, there are no breakpoints for FPA speed increase for this skill. Easy to test/check with 'The Johnstone' equipped, while numlock 'Devour' and pop 'Land of the Dead' at differen sheetAPS values (1.0 and 2.xx+ sheetAPS) -> there is no difference in corpse consume rate for 'Life from Death' passive. There is also a limit (cap) how many corpses you can consume from the ground (16 global | 20/sec LotD). Roughly 4 globes per sec, while LotD is up.

Still attackspeed has value, since you can increase 'Corpse Lance - Brittle Touch',
'Bone Spear - Crystallization' and 'Death Nova - Blight' Frames per Animation by hitting certain breakpoints. 'Bone Spear' and 'Death Nova' FPA (speed) increase help to reset LotD downtime via 'Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac' more quickly and this indirectly helps you with globe production.

Realistic to reach is 'Corpse Lance' 4 FPA (15 corpse/sec) and 'Bone Spear' 25 FPA (up to 23 FPA with 10*3 stacks) with 'In-geom' + 7% attackspeed roll and 61% attackspeed increase (10% paragon, 15% gogok, 21% (3x7%) gear plus 15% bone spear crystallization (5 enemyhits x 3))
09/05/2017 07:50 AMPosted by homerjnick
You'd have to ask the plethora of people using it...are some of the buffs/debuffs from it group wide?

I'm just reporting that many people are switching to it and there must be a reason for it.
Which buffs/debuffs you mean exactly!?
I´m curious about that "reason" aswell, because i can´t see any good one yet.
I was under the impression that the gloves only affected how long the shrine buff lasted for you.
09/05/2017 10:40 AMPosted by EigenVector
I was under the impression that the gloves only affected how long the shrine buff lasted for you.
Right impression, 'Gloves of Worship' https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gloves-of-worship "Shrine effects last for 10 minutes." only affect you, but 'Ahavarion - Spear of the Lycander' https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ahavarion-spear-of-lycander "Chance on killing a demon to gain a random Shrine effect." is a global (2 minute) buff and affect all of the party members.
I have been using borns as well as it gives me more uptime on lotd. Will try the shrine one once i found a ias ingeom
Personal i don´t like to run with Borns-Set, since you have to give up ringslot and spoken by that the damage mitigation from 'Lonelle's Sunstone' additional you probably give up 'Ahavarion' in cube weaponslot aswell (most likely for 'In-geom'), which means even due the low proc chance of 'Ahavarion' (and only proc on demons) no possible 2 minute global (group) and 10 minute personal shrine buffs via 'Gloves of Worship' (which you have to switch out for pestilence gloves), this combined for less than 3 second downtime of 'Land of the Dead' is in my opinion straight forward overkill (especially for speedruns) and is absolutly not necessary, since you can reset your LotD downtime via Death Nova or Bone Spear (and In-geom procs) super quick if you know how to play zNecro.

Personal i prefer to run with 'Bone Spear - Crystallization', since you can aim for higher breakpoints due the APS increase, which means faster animations (speed), which result in more 'Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac' (ORotZ) procs and a faster CDR reset for LotD.

PS. You don´t necessary need an IAS ingeom tbh, but you should have at minimum 17% from gear (+10% paragon + 15% gogok + 30% (10x3%) from Bone Spear) to reach BP4 for 'Corpse Lance' (15 corpses/sec) and BP 25 for 'Bone Spear'. Downside you need 10 stacks from Bone Spear to reach BP4 for CL, with 7% on weapon + 3x7% on gear you only need 5 BS stacks to reach that goal (and you also can reach BP23 for BS aswell with full 10 stacks).

Edit

Quick overview of possible shrine buffs
Enlightened
  • 25% more XP
  • Empowered
  • 50% cooldown reduction
  • 100% increased resource gain
  • Blessed
  • 25% global damage reduction
  • Frenzied
  • 25% attackspeed
  • Fleeting
  • 25% movementspeed
  • 20yard pickup radius
  • Fortune
  • 25% gold & magic find
  • Except for 'Fortune' all other possible shrine buffs are pretty handy.
    Note Shrine buffs only debuff if the time elapsed, you die or go to menue or if you click a shrine in adventure mode (cow level) and override your current Avahrion shrine buff with a fresh one.
    Will the shrine buff disappear on new gr? I tried it earlier this season, and it procced once after 10 gr, thats why i ditched it.

Gonna run it now.
    So I guess the team opens a GR, then looks for a normal shrine outside the GR? I was pretty sure Gloves or Worship didn't actually work with pylons (the ones used in GR) since these are not normal shrines.

The Spear of Lycander always looked interesting. Last time I messed with it, Demons were a lot rarer than they seemed making this item almost completely worthless.

I don't know. I think there must be a better weapon/offhand and glove than Spear of Lycander or Gloves of Worship.

Also, I saw a post here that suggested Briggs Wrath's effect is treated as a knockback (I always thought it was like the pull in Ranslor's Folly). Wouldn't that be a good ring to use with the Strongarms?

EDIT:
    Wizardspike will reliably cast a Frozen Orb (with 6 second ICD) which will cover the screen with cold damage for the Ice Blink.

There's also Azurewrath and Frostburns which have high chances to freeze a target.
    Stone Gauntlets can immobilize targets (you'll need a Crusader or Barb to get them though).

Corpse Explosion/Dead Cold is like LotD/Frozen Lands at will with no cooldown.
    Use strongarm with halcyon ascent, it procs strongarm even if they are on DR.

you shouldnt waste time shrining. Just kill stuff, the proc will come whrn it comes.
    If you actually get a map with demons.
    09/08/2017 05:43 AMPosted by nslay
    If you actually get a map with demons.

That was probaby why I unequipped it back then.
    If Briggs' effect is like Blackhole, then this should be a lot better than Halcyons' Ascent to use with Strongarms since there is no 120 second CD skill needed. Frailty also lasts only 2 seconds so you could conceivably reuse Briggs+Strongarms several times in the span of the LotD cooldown. Then you could replace LotD with CE/Dead Cold and/or use Frostburns/Azurewrath.

EDIT:
    Spelling. Phone autocorrect is annoying.
    Lotd has pretty much perma uptime in good group, so halcyon is up pretty much all the time.

As we go higher we need toughness, so lornelle looks more and more enticing. I will drop born and see if i can play it well enough now.