Cannot Join Multiplayer Games

Technical Support
1 2 3 5 Next
The Diablo 3 client shows games with people in them when I search for them. When I try to join, the timer always goes to max and a new server opens. I am unable to progress in Season 11 without ally support. Chat is also silent. Please assist.
I am still having the same issue.

Blizzard fails to acknowledge this issue, even after I contacted support and they logged in with my account and it did the same thing.

It does not make sense.
Are you sure you meet the requirements to join the public games? They changed it so that you have to complete a solo GR60 before the timer runs out to join T13 games for example.
I just started a Hardcore seasonal demon hunter, and I have not been able to join other peoples public games either. Not at level 1, not at level 10. I tried resetting my router.

You're not the only one!

Please help us Blue Blizzard people!
08/26/2017 01:31 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Are you sure you meet the requirements to join the public games? They changed it so that you have to complete a solo GR60 before the timer runs out to join T13 games for example.

It's every public game regardless of type and level.
08/27/2017 08:01 AMPosted by Blazini
08/26/2017 01:31 PMPosted by MissCheetah

Yikes! Yeah, that is something Blizz is going to have to investigate. I can't think of anything else player side that I can suggest :(

EDIT - I have sent up the cat signal on this and hopefully will find out more soon. Thank you for already having a ticket in Blazini.

EDIT 2. I wonder if it is related to this bug where Low levels get put into higher level games https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20758756579 It could indicate something bugged in the pub game matching system.
Heya folks, thanks for reaching out about this one.

We wanted to gather some information on exactly how this is happening, so needed to clarify a little more on one of your posts.

08/27/2017 08:01 AMPosted by Blazini

By "Level" here are you talking about all character levels, all difficulties, etc? Are you seeing visible players in the queuing window, or is it displaying as 0 (or some multiple of 4 possibly?) Is there any way you can test on a max level character, even non-seasonal, and see if there are any games available in adventure mode, rifts, or greater rifts?

My gut instinct on this is that it's possible that you're just trying to play at levels/times when nobody else wants to play in your preferred mode/level/difficulty. Much of the activity in game right now is at top level, or in a quick powerleveling session to get people to max level. It's also possible that the games you're seeing are filling up as you queue, or as MissCheetah said, we could be looking at some kind of bug or account issue. There are many players who are able to queue for public games, however, so we'd need to narrow this down a bit.
Hello,

Okay, just to give a more in-depth explanation into this, here is what is going on:

When attempting to play online, with specifically a new Necromancer character, I cannot join any Adventure Mode public game (includes Bounties, Rift, Greater Rift, Key Warden, Brawling). You click "Join Game" even if a large number is playing and online, it will search until the 30 second timer finishes, and then it will create it's own game.

The difficulty level settings do not make any difference.

I spent close to 45 minutes with a Blizzard support tech, and they experienced the same thing on their end with my character, however - when they attempted to join the same public games on their own account, it worked just fine. I've tried to resolve this by switching my computer and IP address locations, to see if it was related to some sort of networking issue, however, it is not the case. Following up with the Blizzard tech, they could only recommend I fill out a bug report ticket online, however that would get me no where short term (or even long term, only God knows).

If I switch from my new Necromancer characters to my other character types, there are no issues. I speculate it all may be related to a bug in the latest patch however, no one knows for certain at this point.
By "new" Necro do you mean your level 70 P532 Necro on the Americas Region? If you were playing a low level char then there may be no games to join but that level 70 has enough Paragon to join a public game even though non-season is not well populated.

Thanks for providing more info! Weekends have light support but I know they are looking into it. This won't help you in the short term, but if there is a bug hopefully it can get investigated and eventually resolved.
I was just about to open a ticket on this exact same issue. I have been unable to join a single multi-player seasonal game on my Necromancer. I don not have any other seasonal characters, so I don't know if it is just Necromancers or not. I am not yet level 70, so grouping through these early stages would help some of the drudgery. Yes, the Join Group says that there are players online, and no it is not just multiples of four players online. Also, since I am unable to group, I am always "creating" open games and through hours of play no one has joined my game.
Having tbe same issue. Seeing numbers available but when I join usually countdown timer starts until creating new game. Im from asia connecting to Anz. Already maxed out level.
The issue is only affecting my new seasonal character. I can still join games on my old level 70 characters...

I just tried creating a new seasonal non hardcore character, and same thing, It shows 9 people playing, I click join. It shows the search box for a few seconds and then starts counting to 30.
Add me to this list
Hey there, all.

For any of you with a currently max level character can you still reproduce this? If it persists at level 70 I'll need to test on an account having problems so we can look into getting the issue checked out. Note: do not post any account information here. I have everything I need to do this already. Just note that if I do this, you'll have to pick a new password, as I'll have to send a password reset at the end for security reasons.

If any of you with this issue have a max level character and are cool with me testing, let me know in this thread. I'll send an email with more instructions to your Battle.net email address after we've done our testing.
Please add me to the list also. New wizard having the same problem
This includes max level characters.

It seems like an intermittent issue at this point.

Drakuloth, I've been through it with Blizzard on the phone. They confirmed this issue, even on their end however they wanted me to open a ticket online after a 30 minute phone call. Doesn't make any sense for me to do it for a long term solution. By then I may quit playing the game out of frustration.
I have this issue as well. At the moment of this post I'm a level 33 barbarian who can't join public games. I can see that there are players in my level-bracket, but when I search for a game it just starts my own public game after 30 seconds. I also got the feeling others can't join my game since I've been in a public game for 33 levels and never had anyone join in.
09/06/2017 08:46 AMPosted by breadlord
I have this issue as well. At the moment of this post I'm a level 33 barbarian who can't join public games. I can see that there are players in my level-bracket, but when I search for a game it just starts my own public game after 30 seconds. I also got the feeling others can't join my game since I've been in a public game for 33 levels and never had anyone join in.

That is not uncommon when you are low level. There really are almost no games at that level. This thread is more about lvl 70 chars who can't join public games when they actually DO have the gear and paragons to join the active difficulty levels (T10 and T13 at level 70)
Blazini,

Frankly, if the issue is intermittent, then we're likely not looking at a bug at all. If it happened at all times, we might be looking at something account-level, but fluctuating ability to queue for public games is textbook "No games you're looking for are available at this exact moment." If this happens in the future, try messing around in different difficulties or game modes. This is what I do when I'm doing things like adventure mode farming and have problems finding matches.

It sounds like something was miscommunicated or misunderstood here. Most likely I'd assume that we logged in during a period with none of your preferred game mode available. Sorry for any confusion as a result.
09/06/2017 04:13 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Blazini,

Frankly, if the issue is intermittent, then we're likely not looking at a bug at all. If it happened at all times, we might be looking at something account-level, but fluctuating ability to queue for public games is textbook "No games you're looking for are available at this exact moment." If this happens in the future, try messing around in different difficulties or game modes. This is what I do when I'm doing things like adventure mode farming and have problems finding matches.

It sounds like something was miscommunicated or misunderstood here. Most likely I'd assume that we logged in during a period with none of your preferred game mode available. Sorry for any confusion as a result.

That is an incorrect assumption in my opinion. Based on the telephone call I had with Blizzard, we had two techs log-in to my account. They attempted to join a game, despite seeing two dozen potential games available in that torment level. They were unable to join using my account/character. They then both logged in with their own characters, and they were able to join the same games that my account wasn't able to access. Again, they switched back to my account to confirm it was still an issue and it was.

Trust me, there is something not right here and it's not PC or location related.