[Idea] Buff Ubers and HF amu. Make them Real Ubers!

General Discussion
Hello Peoples.

Will be quite a long about an idea on buffing both Ubers and Hellfire amulet.

TLDR: This is one option (my take on it), but generally I just want them to be buffed in any way the Dev want to do it. Buff them Ubers! Basically I just want the HF amu/ring and Ubers to be buffed. I want ubers to be hard again and significantly buffed.

Ubers are now a joke, they are too easy. Hellfire amulet should be one of the most powerful amulet in the game.

Rework Hellfire Amulet
- Str chars can only craft str amulets
- Dex chars can only craft dex amulets.
-Intel chars can only craft intel amulet

-Now you have the ability to choose which passive you get (there is a list of all the passive you can choose basing on the crafting character)
Eg. Craft Hellfire amulet of Ruthless

- Now gives another additional lagendary power
* Increase the damage of a radom skill by 25-50% (multiplicative)
Eg. Increases the damage of Hammer of the Ancients by 46%

Ubers
Now spawn ubers equivalent to gr 100 (at least, can go higher like 110-120) but drop triple or 4x the mats.

Just make sure Savage Bahemoth cannot one shot with his grab, other ubers that can 1 shot is ok, (just be creative on how to counter it)

The second random lagendary power means it is still hard to get a good HF amulet.
Ubers should be hard! they are ubers. When they were introduced , they was hard, it was funnn time, even on HC. HF amulet should be powerful(the game need more useful jewelries badly anyway).

This will means most likely needing a team of 2-4 to beat them unless your character is very strong already,then you can solo.
This type of thing has been discussed. They don't want ubers to be a challenge beyond T13 and the hellfire ammy to be truly viable for some reason. No one knows why.
Well,then its about time to bring it up again.

Perhaps they will change what they want.

See the barb WW set for example , their design philosophy was to make rend have a "vulnerable" moment when you use it, this was their clear design philosophy, but they are willing to change it.

Things might not be set in stone, even their design philosophy, it might change with time.
08/26/2017 11:57 PMPosted by Weaver
Perhaps they will change what they want.

See the barb WW set for example , their design philosophy was to make rend have a "vulnerable" moment when you use it, this was their clear design philosophy, but they are willing to change it.

Things might not be set in stone, even their design philosophy, it might change with time.

One can hope. Uber hunting and the hellfire ammy and ring could be end game in themselves if a little effort was put forth. I get down votes for bringing up D2 but the grind for a 20/20 torch would keep me engaged for months on end. I wish the hellfire ammy and ring were like that.
Just to get a feel for what it was like back in MP10...

Take off all your gear.

Create any kind of build you like using only Legendary (even Ancient, even Primal!) and Rare items.

Do a set of Ubers at T13.

You will know the exaltation of being able to stay alive, and be quick enough to revive a team member so you can all stay in the fight.

Back then, Ubers were a real event. It took teamwork and strategy to beat them.

Now? Now they are a joke! Even at the highest difficulty.

This could be solved by giving Brother Malachi (the priest in front of the Uber door) a drop-down list where we could select a difficulty up to the highest Greater Rift difficulty we can select at the obelisk.

Imagine doing GR90 Ubers, with GR90 loot!
08/27/2017 12:15 AMPosted by StoneOld

Take off all your gear.

Create any kind of build you like using only Legendary (even Ancient, even Primal!) and Rare items.

You will know the exaltation of being able to stay alive, and be quick enough to revive a team member so you can all stay in the fight.

This could be solved by giving Brother Malachi (the priest in front of the Uber door) a drop-down list where we could select a difficulty up to the highest Greater Rift difficulty we can select at the obelisk.

I like this idea.
08/27/2017 12:15 AMPosted by StoneOld

Take off all your gear.

Yup, I am imagining something like that lol. Would be fun
the reason is this game only work with set items. so hell ammy is leg= useless . maybe some little build need it ...rofl
08/27/2017 09:19 AMPosted by Lezard
the reason is this game only work with set items. so hell ammy is leg= useless . maybe some little build need it ...rofl

You mean 'minor' builds like WW Barb, which requires Skull Grasp, Convention of Elements and Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac (one in the cube, two worn) so there's no possibility of using a 2-piece ring/ring or ring/amulet set so the Hellfire Amulet is used and provides a useful 5th passive.
08/27/2017 09:34 AMPosted by Meteorblade
08/27/2017 09:19 AMPosted by Lezard

You mean 'minor' builds like WW Barb, which requires Skull Grasp, Convention of Elements and Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac (one in the cube, two worn) so there's no possibility of using a 2-piece ring/ring or ring/amulet set so the Hellfire Amulet is used and provides a useful 5th passive.

I imagine the ammy could be viable for a lot of builds if it rolled nice.
I got a godly HF ammy on my seasonal barb... just run a bunch of them...
I agree that the ubers need to be uber again. The Hellfire Amulets and Ring need to be re-worked to better fit with the current game.
08/27/2017 11:22 AMPosted by PonyKiller
I got a godly HF ammy on my seasonal barb... just run a bunch of them...

Even a "godly" hellfire amulet isn't that good. It needs more buffs. Since this game badly needs more jewelries anyway, hellfire ring/amu is one way to do it (and a good way to, since ubers are fun if they are hard like when they are introduced)

I remember a blue post saying that they notice how people love hellfire ring and they look foward to add more things that is similar to it, ( but this is very2 long time ago).
How about a "Super Hellfire Amulet" that instead of granting a random passive grants a random rune to a random skill, but only on Ancient Versions, regular (non ancient) versions roll without any orange text, and if its Primal the skill gets all runes on it (again for a random skill).

Make the Ubers about Grift 80-90 difficulty as a main gate and to open the door you would need upgraded keys.

This would make you want to farm your rear off just to get your sweet precious.
08/31/2017 10:02 AMPosted by WarGiver
How about a "Super Hellfire Amulet" that instead of granting a random passive grants a random rune to a random skill, but only on Ancient Versions, regular (non ancient) versions roll without any orange text, and if its Primal the skill gets all runes on it (again for a random skill).

Make the Ubers about Grift 80-90 difficulty as a main gate and to open the door you would need upgraded keys.

This would make you want to farm your rear off just to get your sweet precious.

Random rune could work.

All runes and random is too hard to balance lol.

Like the way you think, very raw indeed, but its just too hard to balance the way skills are and their runes.
Thats why make it so rare like that, if someone gets one of the Omega types what will they do? Will they create a new Build around it? Modify an existing one? If Its rare enough think of it like its own set. The odds on getting the same one twice are extremely low, So balance really isn't an issue on something like this, well unless it is too far off the mark. But even then the extra Runes likely won't be an over buff to any skill.

There are already some sets that grant the all runes to a specific skill as the 2 piece bonus, so I don't think its too much of a reach.
08/31/2017 10:16 AMPosted by WarGiver
Thats why make it so rare like that, if someone gets one of the Omega types what will they do? Will they create a new Build around it? Modify an existing one? If Its rare enough think of it like its own set. The odds on getting the same one twice are extremely low, So balance really isn't an issue on something like this, well unless it is too far off the mark. But even then the extra Runes likely won't be an over buff to any skill.

There are already some sets that grant the all runes to a specific skill as the 2 piece bonus, so I don't think its too much of a reach.

Too rare like that and its not players that will joy, its the bots.

Its just that certain skills is very good with all runes and certain its crap. Bots will surely happily get the good hellfire then.

Whatever method they choose. I want to see them ubers buffed to more or less like when they are introduced,to be hard like that or even harder. Them Ubers need justice!!
"This type of thing has been discussed. They don't want ubers to be a challenge beyond T13 and the hellfire ammy to be truly viable for some reason. No one knows why."- Greentea101
09/03/2017 06:32 AMPosted by McCloud
"This type of thing has been discussed. They don't want ubers to be a challenge beyond T13 and the hellfire ammy to be truly viable for some reason. No one knows why."- Greentea101

WotW set also have been discussed.
"We don't want rend to be a free cast,we want that vulnerable moment when using rend, otherwise its just right click and press a few buttons builds"

And now we see 50% dr after 3 secs of WW.

Guess what? things can change. That is just one example, there are many more, so please just stop with this it dumb "it has been discussed" thing.
08/26/2017 11:45 PMPosted by Weaver
Rework Hellfire Amulet
- Str chars can only craft str amulets
- Dex chars can only craft dex amulets.
-Intel chars can only craft intel amulet

What is this about? You can literally choose which one to craft. If you messed up and selected INT for a barb, that's on you. Learn to read.