Normal Rifts need an XP buff

General Discussion
I don't know if normal Rifts should be equal to GR's as GR's are the end game. But 75% seems about right. Right now it's about 25%.
... I just don't see what the big deal is to normalize XP gains across the three modes that are equivalent. So if I run a TX normal rift and a GR45 I should expect to get about the same XP. No?

If the XP is normalized across the three modes, then shouldn't the amount of gem upgrades also be normalized? And gold? And crafting materials?

And if all aspects end up being normalized, then why even have separate modes?

I fully admit that I'm not sure the current discrepancy in XP is optimal. However I will also fully admit that different game modes should have different rewards that ideally balance each other out.

Looking at just one part of the balance (in this case the XP gains) without taking into consideration all of the other aspects could actually end up over-favoring one of the game modes.
09/01/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Dax
... I just don't see what the big deal is to normalize XP gains across the three modes that are equivalent. So if I run a TX normal rift and a GR45 I should expect to get about the same XP. No?

If the XP is normalized across the three modes, then shouldn't the amount of gem upgrades also be normalized? And gold? And crafting materials?

I fully admit that I'm not sure the current discrepancy in XP is optimal. However I will also fully admit that different game modes should have different rewards that ideally balance each other out.

Looking at just one part of the balance (in this case the XP gains) without taking into consideration all of the other aspects could actually end up over-favoring one of the game modes.

If Rift XP matched GR players would still run GR's since the max regular rift goes is like GR60 (T13). Players will still need to run GR for end game. The only difference is we would not have to have our xp progress take a major hit everytime we switched from GR runs to GRkey farming.
In the current state, I believe GR's give at least double the xp of the equivalent Torment Rift, might be more.

I would simply remove this drastic difference making Torments now give what the equal Greater Rift gives.

EDIT - I see this has wisely been proposed already :)
09/01/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Dax

What are you talking about?

Bountys are for bounty mats
Rifts are for farming gear, keys, and crafting mats
Greater Rifts are for farming paragon and pushing ladder

None of this changes if you have normalize xp gains between torments and greater rifts in adventure mode. Everyone that farms for xp is still going to solo speed run the highest GR they can clear in 5 minutes or less, usually winding up being GR80 by seasons end, netting around 27b xp per run, at 10 runs an hour, or 270b xp an hour solo.

If you were to run straight T13 speed runs, 10 runs in an hour, you are only going to get about 80b xp an hour. Which is far greater than the current 30ish b an hour you get, making torment farming just a little more lucrative, mainly for early season as you transition into the GR/Bounty phase of xp farming and re-rolling gear.
you can always level up a gem of ease and put it in weapon slot and then farm exp gear,equipping Nemesis Bracers, put gloves of worship in the cube, pop some exp pylons on a map, or in cow lvl, or within the rift itself, grab some exp. pools, put a red gem in helm, leoric signet, hf ring if killing in T13 is too easy and you can tank the hits well enough. Gold Wrap and Kymbo's Gold amulet with a lvl 50 Boon of the Hoarder could help with that, with Avarice band in the cube also for pickup radius Bonus.

Oh and exp. gear on follower also adds to the exp. per kill to your main toon as well, which isn't a whole lot, but every little bit helps.
Increase TXIII GR key drops to 6.

I like the variation between the two, but sometimes you just want some keystones.