60 hours of playing Necro and only 1 Primal found

General Discussion
I've played for about 120 hours since I got primal available....I think I have 7? Literally 6 of them were useless bull!@#$ and one primal inarius shoulder (a set I don't play). So yeah super rare. I mean what you have to understand about the design of primals is that you're not meant to get all primals. It's a brilliant game design because what it accomplishes is giving players the feeling that they still have more to accomplish in a game hat get quickly feels empty and like you've accomplished everything. I doubt there are by a few players hat actually have full primals, and I don't really think you're even meant to think getting full primals is a realistic possibility, it's just an added bonus to make you feel like you've won a jackpot or something, which is accomplished, finding Them even when useless is kind of fun. And of course back to the original point...it keeps players playing. His game eats old quick but if you dream of primals you keep playing, and they are borderline impossible to get.
08/29/2017 01:36 PMPosted by Amnonongus
I've played for about 120 hours since I got primal available....I think I have 7? Literally 6 of them were useless bull!@#$ and one primal inarius shoulder (a set I don't play). So yeah super rare. I mean what you have to understand about the design of primals is that you're not meant to get all primals. It's a brilliant game design because what it accomplishes is giving players the feeling that they still have more to accomplish in a game hat get quickly feels empty and like you've accomplished everything. I doubt there are by a few players hat actually have full primals, and I don't really think you're even meant to think getting full primals is a realistic possibility, it's just an added bonus to make you feel like you've won a jackpot or something, which is accomplished, finding Them even when useless is kind of fun. And of course back to the original point...it keeps players playing. His game eats old quick but if you dream of primals you keep playing, and they are borderline impossible to get.

I wrote this on my phone while at work, o apologize for the typos and using the word accomplished too much. Gross. Hahah
08/29/2017 08:49 AMPosted by Prology
All this above is true, but i do feel like they turned it down compared to last season (or corrected it because last season seem way too high of a drop rate)

I don't know I feel like one primal in 60 hours is pretty much perfect.
08/29/2017 11:03 AMPosted by Minka
08/29/2017 09:26 AMPosted by apl

Your theories are strange.
+1
I heard he's French and keeps a mouse in his pocket!

with Roquefort cheese in the other pocket!
08/29/2017 05:13 PMPosted by Amrita
08/29/2017 11:03 AMPosted by Minka
...+1
I heard he's French and keeps a mouse in his pocket!

with Roquefort cheese in the other pocket!

Yeah, Hot Pockets are pretty good but I prefer pepperoni although just cheese is ok I guess. Throw in a Moutain Dew and you got yourself a pretty nutritious meal.
Best advice I can give you is don't even think about them. Their droprate is far too inconsistent to warrant you worrying about them.
08/29/2017 04:35 AMPosted by BroodWar
Do I just have bad luck or is my account broken? lol

Did you successfully complete a Greater Rift 70 yet? They won't drop at all if you don't do that at the very least.
Today was the first time I ever got a Primal...and it was Blackthorns, talk about cruel jokes.
Primals are rare, they should be, ive found only 3 I can use since primals came out.
60 hours is nothing without a good primal drop ask those people that grind high gr they are not doing that much better. lol and they have no life :)
60 hours doesn't tell much.

I always have 30% or more AFK time due to real life.

If you are not actively hunting Legendary at max efficiency then again it can take times.

Not to mention are those 60 hours after completing GR 70 Solo.

Also take note that Primals are 1% drop.

Usually a good farming setup will see on average 1-2 Primals per hours when hunting for Legendary.

That is if you are gaining more then 100 Legendary per hours.

Crafting is fastest way to see them.

Upgrade rare to Legendary or re-roll Legendary using Bounty Mats.

T13 Normal Rift under 3 minutes (including Rift closing/ 30 second wait) per run will yield you about that 1 Primal per hour.

60 hours, does not mean anything unless ALL the points below are true:

1: You created your character, leveled to 70, geared up and Completed a GR 70 solo before counting time.

2: You actively hunted for Legendary at a rate of ~100 Legendary per hours on average. (T13 under 3 minutes (3 minutes with 30 second wait times between run)). *Preferably in a group of 4*

3. You never went AFK during that time.

If the above isn't true I'm sorry to say your 60 hours for Primals is very misleading.

I usually see one every 2-3 hours because I often take breaks and don't play like a madman all the time.

But when I shove 1-2 hours of non-stop Normal T13 Rift VERY quickly I see them drop.

NOTE that 99% of the Primals you will find are going to be useless.

Because 99% of the Legendary are not going to work with you character/build that you are using. That's why crafting is the only reliable way to get targeted primals.

Your username is offensive when paired with this post.
60 hours is nothing. By 60 hours you have some gems and a Set. The Ancients and Primals come later.
60 hours is nothing.
complaining about no primal after 60 hours and thinking the game is broken only shows me one thing. How dare blizzard not give me a primal after killing the first creature and the rest of the primals I needed should of been given to me after killing the first dozen creatures
08/29/2017 08:37 AMPosted by KillerElite
60 hours and only p588? Seems really low. I am 25 hours in at p670. I currently have 400 souls and I spent about 500 on enchanting and rerolling. If you factor 3 per ancient plus other sources, I probably only found 600 or so legendaries in those 25 hours and I've found one primal which seems about right. Play time means nothing.

THIS!!!

I'm P840 and have two primal (both useless) to my name. Last season I got to P1208 and had 23 primals. So while I'm upset that this season has not been as lucky as last, I also have to realize that last season was insanely lucky. It's just the RNG at work. Keep plugging away. It may not hold much water, but I have found that I seem to be luckier in four-person games than one-person (and I mean more than just the 30% bonus to MF would account for) and that certain things come in bunches. Gifts fall three or four in a day and then a dry spell. It's just how it goes. It would be nice if they added more of a longevity bonus (increased MF with every 100 P levels for instance), but it is what it is.
118 hours necro and 1 primal
08/29/2017 09:40 AMPosted by apl
Most likely the sample size.

Surely you're not bringing up something like using a small sample size to interpolate from leading to incorrect conclusions regarding the entire statistical population when this is clearly a whine / rant thread?

#HeDoesn'tWantYourFacts
08/29/2017 10:57 PMPosted by TimeWaster
So while I'm upset that this season has not been as lucky as last, I also have to realize that last season was insanely lucky

Something was off last season. this current season drop rate seems just right and quite frankly what I think we were all expecting it to be like last season.

Last season my HC DH did not even hit paragon 850 and i had over a dozen primals including not 1 but 2 impale daggers.
This season ive found exactly one on HC and 2 on SC.
08/30/2017 08:29 AMPosted by Prology
08/29/2017 10:57 PMPosted by TimeWaster
So while I'm upset that this season has not been as lucky as last, I also have to realize that last season was insanely lucky

Something was off last season. this current season drop rate seems just right and quite frankly what I think we were all expecting it to be like last season.

Last season my HC DH did not even hit paragon 850 and i had over a dozen primals including not 1 but 2 impale daggers.
This season ive found exactly one on HC and 2 on SC.

I hit p 950 with my wizard in season 10 and she found 19 primals. I think my wizards have 5 equipped and 14 in my stash.
I've found 6 primals, none equipped, at P870.