Error 1016 / DC

Technical Support
NEED HELP PLS

i am also getting error code 1016 and cant even play the game for more than 20 seconds - it is unplayable. i have had the error in the past and it went away after i stopped playing for a week, now i havent played in over 3 weeks and simply cant play. I have tried the following; 32 & 64 bit version of game, opening as admin & 3 different network connections 1 including a hotspot. I have a wireless connection with 3 - 5 devices connected at any time, same as i always have

i dont understand how i can have this problem now. I have played the game for 5 years and never had this problem i also have played the game for the last 2 years on this computer with this same network connection - why am i unable to play now? can someone please help and Blizzard can you get me a result as this is getting ridiculous
The post above mine asked for help 11 days ago and even said "please", too.

As you can see, this person, this customer, has received no reply from anyone at Blizzard. What more proof is needed to clearly show that Blizzard cares nothing for its customers? They can not be bothered to even reply.

Blizzard will never see anymore money from me; their complete contempt for their paying customers is self evident. Season 11 ends soon and I will be done with this glossier version of Gauntlet and its pointless, repetitive, non-sensical and grinding game play. It is really nothing but a series of amateur randomly generated tile sets (the worst RNG I have ever seen) populated with a perpetually predictable mix of the same crap items and the same silly swarms of monsters that you have already fought a million times before. Season play is about as original as a saltine cracker, a wet one at that.
Getting this as well, hourly basis now.

Anything we can try to test?
10/13/2017 08:17 AMPosted by Khaosfyre
Getting this as well, hourly basis now.

Anything we can try to test?
Initial troubleshooting is detailed in the stickied conversation at the top of this forum (Common connection and latency issues)... https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20755796223

If that does not solve the issue.... Start a new thread and post data !! no data, no help... it's as simple as that. Or else contact support directly -- see the post above yours for links.

Good luck.
No help, no more customer; nothing could be simpler than that. It is not incumbent upon the customer to satisfy Blizzard; it is the other way around.

For those who did jump through all of those hoops and posted data, they were simply told that the problem was with their internet service provider. This is Blizzard's boiler plate response each and every time: blame the customer's ISP.

And why does anyone bother voting on any forum posting? Do people really think anyone cares what anonymous gamers think of their comments? Utterly laughable if you think your down votes mean jack squat to me.
The only way to diagnose connection problems is to see data from individual players, and if the data shows the problem is with the ISP there is nothing to be done except work with the ISP to fix it. You can't expect blizzard to be able to fix issues that originate in the servers of companies they don't control and with which they have no business relationship. I've been doing this for years now, and almost always once people run diagnostics we find the root of the problem.
No one expects Blizzard to fix issues with their ISP. But that's just it: for many people the issue was never with their ISP. Every post I have read where people comply and post line after line of data receive that infamous rubber stamp reply: it's your ISP.

In my case, the issue only manifested with your game. I could play all of my other online multiplayer games without any issue. The solution in my case was to close the Blizzard app after launching the game; a solution offered not by anyone at Blizzard, but by another gamer. Closing the app solved my issue and that absolutely exonerates my ISP.

No one at Blizzard even bothered to respond to me, or to the poster I referenced above, until I came back and stirred the pot again. It should be far easier to get real help. Blizzard needs to stop assuming that every gamer has computer expertise as well. It is an entertainment product, not a course in networking.
10/13/2017 12:07 PMPosted by NaryaNenya
It should be far easier to get real help.

The forums are for other players to help each other although Blizzard does moderate it from time to time. A forum post is not at all the same as a ticket. If anyone wants a direct line to Tech Support all they have to do is use the Support link at the top right of the website and put in a request. Tickets, Live Chat, and Phone Callback are all options for Tech issues. Here is a direct link to the Contact Support > Diablo 3 > Technical menu https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/diablo3/273
People come to the forums because the real help comes from the other players, not Blizzard.

Sure, you can create tickets, chat, and call, but you will be told to run through the same monkey work exercises that have already been posted in these very same forums and at the end of which you will almost with a certainty be told that the problem is with your ISP.

Your ISP will then offer you a new set of hoops to hop through and will conclude, correctly, that the problem is with Blizzard.

It's called "the run around." It is what Blizzard does when it "does" anything at all.
Just how many down votes do I need to get voted off of this island? No worries, I will sail away on October 20th under my own power.

I remain until then because I have friends (really, I do) and they want me to finish this tedious season.
10/13/2017 12:52 PMPosted by NaryaNenya
Sure, you can create tickets, chat, and call, but you will be told to run through the same monkey work exercises that have already been posted in these very same forums and at the end of which you will almost with a certainty be told that the problem is with your ISP.

Your ISP will then offer you a new set of hoops to hop through and will conclude, correctly, that the problem is with Blizzard.

You seem to not quite understand how connection issues work. Your data goes through 10-15 different physical hops on the way to Blizz and again on the way back, often a different path. All it takes is a bit of packet loss on any one of those to drop someone from D3. Without people troubleshooting there is not even a starting point. You have to start somewhere and that is the most common issue so that is where we start. When the connection looks good, we move on to other causes of the problem such as software on the PC, driver updates, etc.

When it comes to the ISP - they are responsible for the line to your house and usually the first few hops. If they can get a basic signal then the consider their job done. It takes actual proof of packet loss/congestion and escalation to a third level tech to get anyone who really understands networking. Further, there are usualy other companies who handle your data on the internet backbone after your ISP hands it off. So your ISP is not always lying when they say it is not them. Often it is actually not, but it is not Blizzard's ISP or server either.

Glad you were able to find a solution to your issue by turning off your Bnet launcher. If you did not do it already, there is a launcher setting to have it shut down automatically when you launch a game so that you don't have to alt tab and shut it down manually.
I have said previously that my knowledge of computers and networking is low. I should not need much knowledge in order to play a game. It is a game after all, an entertainment product. I can drive a car without the need to be an auto mechanic, too.

I can grasp the conceptual idea of data bunny-hopping around and getting lost, but it sure seems odd that the data only gets lost when I use a Blizzard product. Clearly, closing the Blizzard app being the solution for me demonstrates that my data bunny-hops just fine. Yes, I made the change in the launcher settings to close the app.

I have read many posts where people have provided all of the data requested of them only to get this same canned reply: it's their ISP. Like me, the only time there is an issue is when they attempt to use a Blizzard product. Somehow all of their other online gaming and internet activities run swimmingly well despite having that faulty ISP.

The bad ISP answer is so routinely given that it lacks all credibility. It is as if Blizzard just uses this response to wash their hands of doing any real work to fix the true issue.
I am having a lot of disconnect issues and I am not on wireless. I am hooked up directly to my internet. This did not happen until this week for me
10/13/2017 01:32 PMPosted by NaryaNenya
I can drive a car without the need to be an auto mechanic, too.

The equivalent comparison here would be if you said "I know how to drive a car, therefore if there is no traffic going to the north of me, there shouldn't be any to the south"

Unfortunately the internet is a complicated thing under the hood and problems occur and are fixed constantly all over the world. If you have problems, the only way to fix them is to debug them.

I have read many posts where people have provided all of the data requested of them only to get this same canned reply: it's their ISP.

Because often it is. If you have 30% packet loss between your router and your ISP then that would cause a problem. All we are doing is pointing that out :)

Somehow all of their other online gaming and internet activities run swimmingly well despite having that faulty ISP.

Other internet activities are much more resilient to packet loss. A quarter of a second load-time on a website is barely noticeable. But in a game like diablo that requires low ping time, it will cause problems. Every server you go to take a different path based on geography and network topography.
Connection Troubleshooting
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/112206

Suggest first to optimize your computer and local internet connection. Search forums & web search for how-to-tweaks. You may be able to change your internet routing by either using a public DNS server or by disabling IPv6. Some use a VPN
It's not funny Blizzard. I got also disconnecting problems since i'd back to game after 2.6 patch ( error 1016 every 15-30 minutes). I have the same computer, the same IPS, the same system, BUT NOT THE SAME GAME, cause you messed it up... Write some stupid answers that it's "our connections problem" - but I'm playing other games that i had play commonly like CS GO etc. - and i dont see any problems or changes. If you want to do nothing with that fact (that diablo3 is broken) - just give me back my money from buying Necromancer pack - cause i cant play your game with disconnections over and over again in 15 minutes periods... Damn... you made me angry.
too many ppl playing, servers rubberband.
Ok, assume this is error on our side, while there is lot of such error suddenly appeared, could you be a smart one and implement restore-session? to have glitch instead of complete disconnect?
And really my experience playing D3 became worth