Gamescom 2017

General Discussion
So is anything in store for Diablo at Gamescom?

All I've found is that the Necro will be playable there...

There's apparently a 1hr reveal event that is being speculated as WoW 7.3 patch and/or expansion.

Any rumours about anything Diablo universe related?

Source:
http://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20972458
08/20/2017 05:34 PMPosted by Headsoup
There's apparently a 1hr reveal event that is being speculated as WoW 7.3 patch and/or expansion.
Gamers will be able to group up with other gamescom attendees and run through a dungeon from World of Warcraft’s upcoming Patch 7.3—details about this content update will be unveiled on stage and via live stream during the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony on Wednesday.
So, aside from the upcoming WOW patch that is already mentioned as part of the "Blizzard Reveal Ceremony," there is no other information available, assuming that there is actually something else. I find it funny that, clicking through the games and their scheduled activities, Diablo 3 only has one thing (a playable demo *Yawn*), while the others have at least three.

You gotta love that Diablo 3 was mentioned last, even behind StarCraft: Remastered. Blizzard is either trolling us hard, or it is their not-so-subtle way of telling us not to get our hopes up. Though, in the past, they certainly haven't cared what our expectations were for BlizzCon. My fingers are crossed, anyway. I mean, it's not like I care about any of their other games.
I am not expecting anything related to D3.

As you said, I do expect an announcement of the next wow expansion, which will be the focal point of Blizzcon 2017, which is very usual every odd blizzcon year.

I do however expect a bit of Diablo news at Blizzcon 2017, maybe not big news like D4, but rather some subtle changes to D3. I am hoping for runewords/charms/other form of optimization. People can say "powercreep" all they want, all I care for is a little deeper character immersion.
08/20/2017 06:27 PMPosted by Demonmonger

As you said, I do expect an announcement of the next wow expansion, which will be the focal point of Blizzcon 2017, which is very usual every odd blizzcon year.

I do however expect a bit of Diablo news at Blizzcon 2017, maybe not big news like D4, but rather some subtle changes to D3. I am hoping for runewords/charms/other form of optimization. People can say "powercreep" all they want, all I care for is a little deeper character immersion.

I have no hope of D3 ever getting any better.

Any announcement will be seen as another opportunity to ruin this game even more.
"Attendees at gamescom will be able to command legions of the risen dead and wield the dark arts with Diablo III’s Rise of the Necromancer pack, playable on PC and PlayStation 4."

Looks like they're just showing the necro. Don't expect anything new. If they talk about D3 at all, it'll be about the necro and current PTR patch.

Blizzcon is less than 3 months out. If anything is coming for the Diablo universe, it'll happen then.
We just got a new class. Slow your roll. People just want more and more.
08/20/2017 11:21 PMPosted by IAM

hate to break it to you but a new class really adds !@#$ to the game over all. While I appreciate the effort into the necro, but as I expected he would be extremely boring after 1 season. A new class added into an already very stale game isn't going to help. I would of taken a new act or new systems or tons of new items over the Necro, over all the necro is a COMPLETE waste of a class it should of been apart of an expansion not a damn cash grab.

I do however expect a bit of Diablo news at Blizzcon 2017, maybe not big news like D4, but rather some subtle changes to D3.

This is my guess as well. I don't expect anything for D3 at Gamecom. I do however think we will get some sort of news at Blizzcon. Maybe another new class like the Amazon, Druid, or both! Something new anyway. I tend to keep my expectations as realistic as possible. That said, I would love to know what they are hiring so many people for on Team 3 ... I just don't know that we will find out this year.
08/21/2017 12:22 AMPosted by Valcrist
08/20/2017 11:21 PMPosted by IAM

hate to break it to you but a new class really adds !@#$ to the game over all. While I appreciate the effort into the necro, but as I expected he would be extremely boring after 1 season. A new class added into an already very stale game isn't going to help. I would of taken a new act or new systems or tons of new items over the Necro, over all the necro is a COMPLETE waste of a class it should of been apart of an expansion not a damn cash grab.

And with your attitude you would find everything boring after a season. You will never be happy with this game.
Diablo 3 is dead.

We have been doing Rifts since 2014 and it just needs a serious overhaul in the form of a new game. Our characters are too powerful to give us another expansion with a level cap raise. It would just be a numbers nightmare.
Yeah greater rifts are nice competitive environment and farm zone but I feel like the game world suffered for it. We've gotten a few new zones which I appreciate but ultimately you are lead to farm rifts, and the power scaling between rifts and the game world is absurd.
In any future installments I don't want to see Torment 13 or however high they will go.
Diablo 3 is an enjoyable game and I've put hundreds of hours into it, but it's definitely gone in a direction I did not want it to.
08/21/2017 07:38 AMPosted by MissCheetah
I tend to keep my expectations as realistic as possible.
I stopped doing realistic.
I went down to expect little.
Now I'm at expect nothing.

:(
A realistic expectation (at Gamescom)? Just a demo, and probably some developers explaining the journey of polishing this game to what it is today.

A realistic expectation for Diablo in Blizzcon? They'll probably unveil new locations and/or functions in their upcoming patches post 2.6.1 that would've been part of the scrapped second expansion.
D2 remastered announcement please.
☻∞☻
08/20/2017 06:23 PMPosted by HelloKitty
So, aside from the upcoming WOW patch that is already mentioned as part of the "Blizzard Reveal Ceremony," there is no other information available, assuming that there is actually something else. I find it funny that, clicking through the games and their scheduled activities, Diablo 3 only has one thing (a playable demo *Yawn*), while the others have at least three.

You gotta love that Diablo 3 was mentioned last, even behind StarCraft: Remastered. Blizzard is either trolling us hard, or it is their not-so-subtle way of telling us not to get our hopes up. Though, in the past, they certainly haven't cared what our expectations were for BlizzCon. My fingers are crossed, anyway. I mean, it's not like I care about any of their other games.

Don't take it personally. They're just prioritizing their marketing towards the demographics that would have the highest number of CCU/profit probabilities.

Diablo is probably lowest on the list of those things. Especially now there are rumours out and about regarding the hiring of new staff for Diablo 4.

I have a feeling the Necromancer is the hold over until the sequel.

Who knows, maybe even a remastered Diablo and Diablo 2? Remasters are the in-thing with the success of Crash Bandicoot.
Maybe another new class like the Amazon, Druid, or both
Both means D4 confirmed.

I would love to know what they are hiring so many people for on Team 3 ... I just don't know that we will find out this year.
2027. Welcome the new open world first person shooter survival console game with rpg elements! That is right - we are talking about Diablo 4! It will also be available for the PC at a later time.
☻∞☻

I do however expect a bit of Diablo news at Blizzcon 2017, maybe not big news like D4, but rather some subtle changes to D3.

This is my guess as well. I don't expect anything for D3 at Gamecom. I do however think we will get some sort of news at Blizzcon. Maybe another new class like the Amazon, Druid, or both! Something new anyway. I tend to keep my expectations as realistic as possible. That said, I would love to know what they are hiring so many people for on Team 3 ... I just don't know that we will find out this year.

Given you say recently you were at their HQ I'm taking this as more than a hopeful wish! :)
At Blizzcon you can expect only new cosmetics or goblins, new legendarys, another character pack but not expansion or new game ...

All Diablo games they annouced at Gamescom