How to improve my UE Multishot gear?

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
Thank you Hunter. You are probably right.

Here is my final polished build (need some augments and better gems of course). The choice between a cubed CoE and an Elusive depend on Grift level I guess.

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Scofield-21164/hero/97761212

Thanks
You're missing 0.2% IAS to reach the next MS breakpoint, you might want to try to find a higher IAS Witching Hour, DML or Restraint.

The other option is using Enchantress instead of Templar for 3% IAS buff.
Well ;). Very nice from you side. Done via gloves (lost 16% AD) but had the possibility to opt for a better restraint.

Or better I keep restraint 5% ias and switch to Enchntress. So can reach another breakpoint which is dps increase of about 12%... Huge. Very helpful the diablo planner....

Thx. I guess now I can try it ;)
Hi, I'm a DH player on the EU server in UK.

Struggling to push over 65 GR, with current set up, would be great if you could take a look and advise of any improvements.

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BusterB-2133/hero/71745962

Thanks
@BusterB

Well I m not an expert nor my english is good but.

- you need Max discipline on Yang and Quiver
- your belt not useful as evasive fire (primary skill) is not your damage dealer. Better a witching hour
- passive on amulet (single out) not that useful
-evasive fire on pants not useful
- rain of vengeance on chest also bad
- you should opt for a diamond on helm (cdr)
-passive thrill of the hunt instead blood veng (and maye cull of the weak for ambush...depending from your best hellfire also)..
- you should roll CDR on shoulder instead resources cost
- you can roll 50% CHD on your restraint instead of life%

My two cents... Regards
10/13/2017 07:30 AMPosted by BusterB

Struggling to push over 65 GR, with current set up, would be great if you could take a look and advise of any improvements.

Going to write this in RedCell's style to just maintain consistency in answers in this thread. Have cleared 80 on DH MS, 87 on Impale. Pretty casual like most people here.

A few tweaks. Missing a lot of critical chance from Helm/Ring/Ammy slots. AD is a plus on other slots.

*Shoulder* - reroll RCR to CDR (cooldown reduction)
*Helm* - It's ok, better to find one with critical (CC) & re-rollable skill (to MS). Best is Dex/CC/15%+Multishot
*Gloves* - Excellent.
*Amulet* - Not a good passive and stats are average, trying and roll one with either 'Ambush/Cull of the Weak/Awareness/Steady Aim'. Stats to aim for are two or better of the following (%Fire/CC/CHD).
*Bracers* - Good
*Legs* - Ok, Evasive Fire is better rolled into Armor
*Boots* - Good, although a better one with Resist All can be found.
*Belt* - Good. (although Witching Hour does more damage).
*Chest* - Ok. Missing 3 disc, it's okay though you'll find a better one later. Reroll RoV to Life or Armor.
*Ring* - Ok, better to find ones with two or more of the following (CC/CHD/AS/Dmg), CC/CHD together is the best pairing, Dmg/CC/CHD is the perfect trio. You need a better Focus. Restraint is fine.
*Bow* - Good, a better damage range roll to 1940 would be better.
*Quiver* - Poor. It is missing 12 discipline. No cooldown reduction. Major damage loss. Replace this.

I notice you aren't using Thrill of the Hunt, missing out on CoTW/BoTT multipliers there - big damage loss.

Passives should be;
- Thrill of the Hunt (Used to trigger slow and Bane of the Trapped)
- Cull of the Weak
- Steady Aim
- Awareness
- Ambush

(I've listed five above as one of them should be on your Hellfire Amulet).

Legendary Gems;
- Bane of the Powerful (Probably a better choice than Stricken pre-80s. Kill Elites faster)
- Bane of the Trapped
- Zei's Stone of Vengeance

Cube Items;
- Dawn Maintain permanent Vengeance state @ 37% CDR
- Visage of Gunes Maintain 'Dark Heart' damage reduction on Vengeance state.
- CoE

Finally optimize your followers (Enchantress is best with DH);
Equip 3% Attack Speed aura and Ranged Damage reduction aura.

Roll CDR/AS on gear for follower.

- Thunderfury (Stuns + Lightning Damage weapon), Eun Jang Do is an alternative (but re-roll damage to Lightning).
- Ess of Johan (Gather mobs/density).
- Wyrdward (stuns through Lightning damage)
- Oculus Ring (Buff circle for up to 85% extra damage).
10/13/2017 08:54 AMPosted by Scofield
@BusterB

Well I m not an expert nor my english is good but.

- you need Max discipline on Yang and Quiver
- your belt not useful as evasive fire (primary skill) is not your damage dealer. Better a witching hour
- passive on amulet (single out) not that useful
-evasive fire on pants not useful
- rain of vengeance on chest also bad
- you should opt for a diamond on helm (cdr)
-passive thrill of the hunt instead blood veng (and maye cull of the weak for ambush...depending from your best hellfire also)..
- you should roll CDR on shoulder instead resources cost
- you can roll 50% CHD on your restraint instead of life%

My two cents... Regards

Thanks for the pointers :)
10/14/2017 10:19 PMPosted by Khaosfyre
10/13/2017 07:30 AMPosted by BusterB

Going to write this in RedCell's style to just maintain consistency in answers in this thread. Have cleared 80 on DH MS, 87 on Impale. Pretty casual like most people here.

A few tweaks. Missing a lot of critical chance from Helm/Ring/Ammy slots. AD is a plus on other slots.

*Shoulder* - reroll RCR to CDR (cooldown reduction)
*Helm* - It's ok, better to find one with critical (CC) & re-rollable skill (to MS). Best is Dex/CC/15%+Multishot
*Gloves* - Excellent.
*Amulet* - Not a good passive and stats are average, trying and roll one with either 'Ambush/Cull of the Weak/Awareness/Steady Aim'. Stats to aim for are two or better of the following (%Fire/CC/CHD).
*Bracers* - Good
*Legs* - Ok, Evasive Fire is better rolled into Armor
*Boots* - Good, although a better one with Resist All can be found.
*Belt* - Good. (although Witching Hour does more damage).
*Chest* - Ok. Missing 3 disc, it's okay though you'll find a better one later. Reroll RoV to Life or Armor.
*Ring* - Ok, better to find ones with two or more of the following (CC/CHD/AS/Dmg), CC/CHD together is the best pairing, Dmg/CC/CHD is the perfect trio. You need a better Focus. Restraint is fine.
*Bow* - Good, a better damage range roll to 1940 would be better.
*Quiver* - Poor. It is missing 12 discipline. No cooldown reduction. Major damage loss. Replace this.

I notice you aren't using Thrill of the Hunt, missing out on CoTW/BoTT multipliers there - big damage loss.

Passives should be;
- Thrill of the Hunt (Used to trigger slow and Bane of the Trapped)
- Cull of the Weak
- Steady Aim
- Awareness
- Ambush

(I've listed five above as one of them should be on your Hellfire Amulet).

Legendary Gems;
- Bane of the Powerful (Probably a better choice than Stricken pre-80s. Kill Elites faster)
- Bane of the Trapped
- Zei's Stone of Vengeance

Cube Items;
- Dawn Maintain permanent Vengeance state @ 37% CDR
- Visage of Gunes Maintain 'Dark Heart' damage reduction on Vengeance state.
- CoE

Finally optimize your followers (Enchantress is best with DH);
Equip 3% Attack Speed aura and Ranged Damage reduction aura.

Roll CDR/AS on gear for follower.

- Thunderfury (Stuns + Lightning Damage weapon), Eun Jang Do is an alternative (but re-roll damage to Lightning).
- Ess of Johan (Gather mobs/density).
- Wyrdward (stuns through Lightning damage)
- Oculus Ring (Buff circle for up to 85% extra damage).

Thanks - appreciate your help
Now you really should ;)

- reroll weapon socket and use a ramaladni for it
- take out rain of vengeance damage from chest
- find a better quiver even non ancient but with max discipline and better general stats
-maybe cdr on shoulders instead of resource reduction
-take out evasive fire damage from pants

and off course find an amulet with more useful passive ;)
I wanted to ask about my DH, but I found this post and figured posting here would be better than making a whole new post. I am here just like everyone else - seeking advice. My biggest problem is dying. I just melt to the dumbest things.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wumble-11520/hero/88284512
@wumble

• Helm - It's good that you have vitality on this slot, as your very short on it elsewhere. Roll the 10% Multishot bonus to 6% crit chance.
  • Chest - !!!No Discipline!!! Roll pick-up radius secondary to 12 Discipline ASAP! This cloak essentially has 1 wasted primary affix, but it isn't all that bad. Keep an eye out for an upgrade.
  • Belt - Your WH is pretty nice due to the Physical resist and 7% IAS. Roll the Hungering Arrow skill bonus to vitality to help with your low toughness issues.
  • Pants - Good item. All you need to do is roll Entangling Shot to vitality for more toughness.
  • Boots - Poor quality. Replacing those with a gambled pair of ancients isn't too difficult. You want dex, vit, all resist, and 15% multishot.
  • Shoulders - Pretty much perfect.
  • Gloves - Poor quality. You could really use a good pair of ancient gloves with dex, vit, chd, and cc. All resist isn't a very good roll on this slot, especially when you health pool is so low.
  • Bracers - Very nice pair a Wraps. Fire % has a middling roll, but the dex and vit rolls are very high and the ranged damage reduction secondary is superb. Replace them after 2.6.1.
  • Amulet - Your hellfire is quite good due to it's Steady Aim passive and 96% chd value. A fire % HF is better but hard to roll.
  • Restraint - Solid ring. Be on the lookout for a dexless candidate.
  • Focus - Another nice ring with strong double crit values.
  • Yang's - A primal with innate 12 Discipline. :)
  • DML - Very nice quiver. The double hit legendary power is only 55% but it has a strong affix grouping with 20% IAS, 6% CDR, innate discipline, and 92% multishot bonus. Roll the socket to vitality ASAP to increase your toughness.

Your gear will be quite respectable once you enchant the pieces I called out with the proper affixes. As for DPS, your gear/jewelry are quite good, so no concerns there. Your gloves have a bottom of the barrel critical hit damage roll, but I wouldn't waste mats on that pair of gloves.

Toughness is what you're struggling with at the moment. And no wonder, you have hardly any vitality rolls. The good news for you is that you have multiple pieces that can easily have vitality rolled on them at very little cost, e.g. WH, DML, and pants. This should be your top priority. In addition to the vitality rolls, I strongly suggest you do the following: 1) Put 2 diamonds in your chest, and 2) Change out Bane of the Stricken for Esoteric Alteration or Bane of the Powerful.

The reason I suggest Esoteric is because it will increase your toughness enough to enable you to clear higher content than you're currently able to do. Why? Because you have the DPS but lack the necessary toughness, i.e., you "just melt to the dumbest things." Eventually, you'll build your toughness up and find that rather than being capped by low toughness you're capped by low damage, at which point you can switch back to Bane of the Stricken.

Remember this, my fellow DHs, what you see top DHs using on the leaderboards may not be the best thing for you. The reason being that everyone occupies a different position on the Power and Toughness curves (think Supply and Demand curves). You need to use what's available to you to perform that best you can at your position. Performing well where you are at now, allows you to grow in power so you can eventually be where the elite DHs are at.
@RedCell

I thought everything was okay; I was looking at the icy-veins guides before I posted here. However, I was clearing wrong.

Thank you so much, we DH's are lucky to have you around
Evening RedCell and all.

I've cleared GR78 w this build. Would really like to hit 80 by the time the patch drops. Just so I can say "I did it when..." Right now I'm focusing on better gloves and maybe a new HF. Low CDR is kicking my rear and I would like a better passive on the HF. Am I going in the right direction?

All para is going to dex. (good thing I noticed auto spell check there).

Thanks for all the information in this thread. Awesome UE MS build guide.
@Varadia

• Gamble for a new DML (non-ancient will work) with high Multishot bonus, CDR, Disc, and Legendary double hit. You're right, low CDR is really hurting you. One more roll will help a lot.
  • A new Hellfire that let's you equip the the Big Five DPS passives (Thrill, Ballistics, Steady Aim, Cull the Weak, and Ambush) will help a ton.
  • Augment your shoulders with a rank 75 gem.
  • Put two emeralds in your chest.
  • Your Witching Hour is pretty weak. This is harder to replace. I recommend doing the above first and see if it's enough to do 80.

One's gameplay at 80+ becomes a more important factor to their success. Read my tips a few pages back. We can also run some two-man 80s with UE so you can get an idea of how to use positioning and how to drag elite packs to other elite packs etc.
Hi Redcell, would you mind taking a look at my setup and give me some pointers for upgrades? I just came back after being away for awhile, so I am not sure how much has really changed. I do know I have to upgrade my pieces with dex through the cube but I'd rather do it to some pieces that are pretty solid since I hate leveling gems. If you think its worthy of upgrading it with dex, can you tell me too?

I'd also like to know if anyone is using a 1H at all for UE or M6, I am getting bored of Yangs a little and I hate the slow speed of the Manticore. Thanks!
Hey RedCell. Took care of the easy stuff, and found a slightly better belt. Decided that I really wanted that GR 80 so went a bit crazy trying to improve my DML. Didn't happen. Thanks for your advice. Var is much more powerful now, and getting better every day :)
10/18/2017 09:21 PMPosted by Cynful
I'd also like to know if anyone is using a 1H at all for UE or M6, I am getting bored of Yangs a little and I hate the slow speed of the Manticore. Thanks!

2x 1H (Usually Fortress + Dawn) for the Grenade UE build. (Some use the Danetta's).

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-unhallowed-essence-grenades-build-patch-2-6-season-11
10/19/2017 05:13 PMPosted by Khaosfyre
10/18/2017 09:21 PMPosted by Cynful

2x 1H (Usually Fortress + Dawn) for the Grenade UE build. (Some use the Danetta's).

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-unhallowed-essence-grenades-build-patch-2-6-season-11

Additionally, in 2.6.1 players can Dawn with M6 and cube Manticore. Dual-wield with N6 is also going to be decent. 2.6.1. definitely presents the DH with more options regarding weapon type than did past patches.
@Cynful

• Helm - This is a solid that's worth an augment. Do note that the best mulishot helms should have dex, 15% multishot, and 6% CC.
  • Chest - Pretty good piece. Life regeneration isn't the greatest affix here, but it's ancient and worth an augment if you have the time.
  • Belt - Good for the grenade build, but I would pass on augmenting this item because it has an armor roll. You can equip either Hunter's Wrath or Hellcat (cube the one you're not wearing). The affixes you want are dex, vit, all resistance, and grenade bonus.
  • Pants - Excellent! Augment away.
  • Boots - Good item; however, I would only augment boots that have dex, vit, all resistance, and 15% multishot.
  • Shoulders - Great item. Augment it.
  • Gloves - Very nice pair of gloves, especially in the patch to come. Having physical resist as a secondary really puts it over the top. I would augment this item.
  • Bracers - Your Wraps are nice, but do not augment them because new Wraps of Clarity will drop with a 40-50% damage reduction. Old Wraps will be worthless.
  • Amulet - GG Hellfire!
  • Restraint - Great ring. You should definitely augment it. There are better rings to be had, but they are very rare.
  • Focus - Really good for a non-ancient. Look for potential ancient upgrades. That flat damage roll equals a 4.5% damage increase. At your current dexterity, 650 dexterity equals a 6.5% damage increase. Therefore, an ancient focus with about 600 dex and augmented with 400 more dexterity would equal 10% damage, i.e., a 5.5% increase over the non-ancient flat damage roll.
  • Yang's - Do not augment. You will need a 2.6.1 Yang's because they received a massive buff.
  • DML - Do not augment. You will need a 2.6.1 DML because they are stronger.

Your toughness is quite low at 14.5 million. Base toughness should be upwards of 25 million. The reason yours is low is because you lack resistances and augments. Chest, Belt, and Boots should have resistance to all elements, or Elite Damage Reduction on the Cloak. Additionally, you can put some diamonds in your armor for more toughness. Solve your toughness issues now so you can hit the ground running in 2.6.1.

Your DPS and CDR solutions are fundamentally sound. You just need more augments, paragons, and really fantastic rings. Your belt and generator choice don't really mesh well with the Multishot setup. If you want to run grenades, do so. If you want to run Multishot, use Hunter's Wrath or Witching Hour and switch to Focus Fire or Serrated Arrow for the hatred.
Thanks for the feedback Red, I really appreciate it. I do have an ancient Witching Hour that is decent, but it has Skill Damage to Evasive Fire instead of all resistance. So, I will keep hunting for that and swap the primary skill.

Since I haven't done any dex upgrades on my pieces, what lvl gem would you suggest for the first time. Back in the day I think I remember people saying at least lvl 50 or 60 (don't recall though).