Offer for wings and pets !!!!!

General Discussion
I want to comment on all these features, pets, wings, new video cards and directxx12, these are all improvements and aesthetic pleasure, which certainly are many in D3, a class to the class of gear to gear, all these things are repeated, but pets and wings are giving individuality and aesthetic pleasure and joy from the fact that you only have such a hero !! like this))))).
08/27/2017 12:28 PMPosted by Vaerosi
I'm not sure where the money goes,

Sometimes to charity. Every xmas for several years they have done a charity pet where the proceeds go to a selected fund. Last two years it was Make-A-Wish. I tend to get a few of those pets as gifts for online friends each year. They also sometimes do special pet charity sales for natural disasters. They did for Japan Tsunami and Hurricane Sandy I think.

08/27/2017 12:34 PMPosted by Sèvén
nor are people as attached to these tiny pixels, as they are to their WoW characters.

In WoW they have changed things so that it uses a D3 style account bound system for mounts, pets, transmogs, etc. So, just like in D3, people can acquire something once and use it on all their chars. I agree though that I don't think D3 players would spend as much as WoW players. $5 to $10 at the most.
08/27/2017 01:21 PMPosted by MissCheetah

In WoW they have changed things so that it uses a D3 style account bound system for mounts, pets, transmogs, etc. So, just like in D3, people can acquire something once and use it on all their chars. I agree though that I don't think D3 players would spend as much as WoW players. $5 to $10 at the most.

Good to know, but that's not what I meant at all. I'll elaborate a bit.

I remember in WoW, going out of my way to find certain old sets, and items for a specific look. Mostly because in WoW, the avatar is much bigger. It's also something you customize from the start of the character creation all the way through out you game play, as you acquire more items. From picking your race / class to their facial features, skin color, etc. It creates a bigger attachment.

In D3, you get 1 male or 1 female skin per class and that's that. Your avatar is considerably smaller, and with all the effect going on harder to see. Sometimes even that doesn't matter, since classes like the Barbarian, Crusader, Demon Hunter, and Wizard, spend most of their time in an alternate form. Wrath of Berserker, Akarat's Champion, Archon etc, all change a classes look. Furthermore people are constantly restarting their heroes every season rather than continuing one long adventure that WoW players are able to do. I guess we've recently had a rebirth system added on, but even that isn't completely the same.

All in all, where WoW strives to create an attachment to one's avatar, D3 does the opposite in many cases. Yes you can still transmog, or get wings or what not but over all it doesn't have the same effect as WoW's model does. That's why imo, WoW gets away with charging more. Here though wings / transmog should be priced fairly cheap. Most people do not have the attachment to their characters to justify a price tag of more than a few bucks tops.
As long as it doesn't include the ability to buy things that come with Collector's Edition without buying the CE, i'm all for it.

It's also logic to assume WoW have a lot more active players than DIablo 3..No reason not to add some microxsaction to d3 tho. Some ppl will surely buy it.
Well it is a bit sad that new players don't have a chance of earning old items earned through previous seasons - but that's the advantage of being a long time player.

Personally I like the reward for completing the first 4 chapters each season, and it works and you'd expect. But If some like to pay money for some shiny pixels, I'm not gonna stop them - I just know I won't.
Personally I don't think cosmetic items should be purchasable. I also don't think that they should be buried under multiple layers of BS RNG (see: Cosmic Wings).

In my opinion, they should be earned through completion of a task or tasks, like the Season Journey cosmetics or the Set Dungeon wings. That someone has found the Cosmic Wings after just a few Whimsydale runs when other people have run hundreds to no avail greatly diminishes their value. Rather, items that must be earned create a level playing field where effort = reward as opposed to just luck and/or time played.

Similarly, I think the concept of purchasable RNG-based loot crates is a terrible idea and a waste of money. Either let me buy exactly what I want or give me a task to complete and offer a reward. Any other model is just sucking the fun out of the whole concept.
HERE , HERE, I haven't added up the amounts I paid for mounts and pets in WOW, and as far as I can see that NEVER interfered with my gameplay or anyone else's!
Make the items available, believe me people will pay. There would be more people to buy than not!
No No No make it like this, you can buy them and or mf them boom every one is happy! dammn I'm good.
Where do we draw the line?

If we start with new cosmetics what is next?
Stash tabs? Well they did that with the Necro and it IS something people ask for. I want two for each class. This means I want six more (I think) and I can only get another two by seasons. So I would pay, and I KNOW others would.
Character slots? Again Necro. Well maybe, who knows.
Cosmetics available in game? It would take the fun out of getting them.

Technically Stash tabs could be seen as buying power since we can horde every drop we get. (Despite the purges I need to do)

I know I want the white wings from vanilla but you can't get them anymore. Would they add them? I'd pay for them. What about the RoS wings? I have them but would others pay for them now? Maybe, well probably.

The line sounds clear in mind but where do you stop?
08/27/2017 02:05 PMPosted by Weaver
As long as it doesn't include the ability to buy things that come with Collector's Edition without buying the CE, i'm all for it.

It's also logic to assume WoW have a lot more active players than DIablo 3..No reason not to add some microxsaction to d3 tho. Some ppl will surely buy it.

They made an entire division devoted to marketing these kinds of things so I suspect we will see more. Also, I agree with you about not making past promotions available separately from the promotion that introduced them.

I just saw a thread about someone asking for golden wings in the shop, they do that kind of thing and all they will do is discourage people from ever making use of certain promotions again.
What about buying a CE upgrade?

Which side of the line is that?

What if someone gave you the normal edition and you want the CE after the fact?

Again where is the line you would you draw.
08/27/2017 09:25 PMPosted by WarGiver

They have never allowed you to do that in the past have they ? Not sure why they would start now. If you want the CE after the fact you buy another copy from whoever is still selling them or has them available.
08/27/2017 09:48 PMPosted by Naras
08/27/2017 09:25 PMPosted by WarGiver

They have never allowed you to do that in the past have they ? Not sure why they would start now. If you want the CE after the fact you buy another copy from whoever is still selling them or has them available.

Not sure what game your talking about but the RoS Digital Deluxe edition you just need to pay the difference between the standard and deluxe edition to upgrade and don't need to pay for the whole game again
08/28/2017 02:28 AMPosted by Steve
08/27/2017 09:48 PMPosted by Naras

Not sure what game your talking about but the RoS Digital Deluxe edition you just need to pay the difference between the standard and deluxe edition to upgrade and don't need to pay for the whole game again

So you mean I can go back to blizzard now and say hey I want the collectors versions of BC and Wrath and they will just let me pay the difference and get all the goodies ?

I wasn't aware blizzard let you upgrade RoS even now but I am guessing since the game is still current and they still may sell the collectors editions that may be why.
They can add the store and keep the ability to earn the cosmetics through game play. Win win. The extra cash can be used for future development i the game.
I'm a big fan of being able to buy D3 cosmetic items overall... just so long as it's new items rather than existing items (as a previous poster mentioned). Offering to sell the fairy wings (for example) would completely take away from everyone that worked so hard to farm it. Could you imagine the uprising?

As for the pros and cons of the selling of cosmetic items...

Pro: It adds a new level to the vanity of the player base. Let's face it, most folks that farmed the rare cosmetics love to show them off (as they well should). Now there will be folks that will be able to drop coin and get cool things... which leads to the next Pro.

Pro: Buying cosmetics makes Blizzard money. If it makes Blizzard a lot of money, maybe they'll put more work into the game (more content, an expansion, class balancing, D4, more cosmetics, bla bla bla). I'm not saying it'll happen... but who knows what'll happen once they see they can make more money from a game this old.

Con: None. None whatsoever. You can buy cosmetics if you want to.... or don't. It has zero effect on game play.
08/27/2017 10:58 AMPosted by Slavik
I propose to enter into the game the sale of wings and pets of all kinds, in the world of warcraft it has long been all there, why we do not have in D3 ?????

I would be OK with this providing they can keep the items as cosmetic only and not put collector edition items nor items that are available as existing drops from being put in the store. This way special Collector Edition, promo, and drop items still have that bit of pizzazz to them. WoW does this, but these items do not affect gameplay at all and are just used to 'bling' up and enjoy your game time if you like pretty looking things.

They shouldn't offer anything that can be seen as given an advantage in game: No EXP lotions, no loot boxes that can drop in game gear/mats etc etc. They should be kept strictly cosmetic.

If they do this, I would hope they intend to put others to be found in the game, either through achievements or some hunting special elites which can drop them, like a menagerie goblin does now. Just make them a bit more involved to track down.

Profits should go into developing D3 further (further game balancing, new gear, new acts etc etc ) and not just into fatcat pockets.
08/27/2017 11:12 AMPosted by MissCheetah
While some people don't mind cosmetic transactions for real money, others really dislike that business model. So far, Blizzard has done a pretty good job of not making their games pay to win, but it is a slippery slope in the eyes of many. They would really rather earn the cosmetics via gameplay, or even as game purchase bonuses, than have an in-game store.

That said, they recently added a Store for D3 to sell the Necro. Why bother having a store if they won't be offering other things for sale via said store. We shall have to wait and see.

I am against any pay to win model, but this request does not fall under this category! this would be a pay to look good model thus not affecting game play whatsoever. I like the idea since it will make available all cosmetic items to all players alike.
08/28/2017 08:43 AMPosted by Von
I am against any pay to win model, but this request does not fall under this category! this would be a pay to look good model thus not affecting game play whatsoever. I like the idea since it will make available all cosmetic items to all players alike.

I don't think all cosmetic items should be available for sale. All Collector's Edition, Promo & achievement cosmetics and cosmetics available to find in-game should definitely not appear in any cosmetic store. They were special bonuses for doing particular things or getting special versions of the game. They should stay exempt for those that took the time, effort or worked that bit harder to pay for that version of the game.
New items only. Existing items should be excluded.