Buff Harmony Passive

Monk
Might this be a way for monks to survive higher greater rifts?
It used to be 100% then got lowered to 40%. Then the enemies got buffed while harmony remained at 40%, resulting in almost every monk build using diamonds in gear. Also a good portion of our skills and gear are dedicated to survival/toughness.
09/11/2017 01:26 AMPosted by Justice
Might this be a way for monks to survive higher greater rifts?
It used to be 100% then got lowered to 40%. Then the enemies got buffed while harmony remained at 40%, resulting in almost every monk build using diamonds in gear. Also a good portion of our skills and gear are dedicated to survival/toughness.

It is the way any top tier build survives GRifts. Just check the leaderboards.

Harmony is actually the best Monk defensive passive at the moment. The only problem is you need really well rolled gear to make use of it.

I think if Blizzard needs to buff Monk survivability, they should start with the other passives so people who don't have physical resist on almost all their gear have a decent alternative.
Harmony is already in every pushing build monks have. So there is no need to buff it.
09/11/2017 04:58 AMPosted by TizmitSack
Harmony is already in every pushing build monks have. So there is no need to buff it.

I personally thing buffing Guardian's Path to 50%-60% dodge chance would be a lot better. It would give more mitigation while also providing some protection against some of the more annoying things at higher GRs, like getting knockback or nightmare locked. It's not going to catapult the monk into broken territory but would be a massive QoL improvement.
09/11/2017 05:16 AMPosted by icedagger
buffing Guardian's Path to 50%-60% dodge chance

I like the idea of buffing other passives, I hate the idea of it being dodge based. Don't get me wrong, dodging things that could 1shot you is incredibly powerful but it's also incredibly unreliable. Sometimes you dodge a few times in a row, sometimes you have 0 dodges for a while. That makes you feel even more spiky and incoming dmg is very hard to predict then.
09/11/2017 05:22 PMPosted by Valkyria
09/11/2017 05:16 AMPosted by icedagger
buffing Guardian's Path to 50%-60% dodge chance

I like the idea of buffing other passives, I hate the idea of it being dodge based. Don't get me wrong, dodging things that could 1shot you is incredibly powerful but it's also incredibly unreliable. Sometimes you dodge a few times in a row, sometimes you have 0 dodges for a while. That makes you feel even more spiky and incoming dmg is very hard to predict then.

Well, I kind of prefer dodge. Knockback effects are proving to be problematic, and dodge stops those from proccing.

I don't see why they couldn't buff some of the other defensive passives as well though. Not like you can gain much of an advantage running 3-4 of them.
Buffing Harmony could allow us the option of using emeralds instead of diamonds in our chest and pants.
09/12/2017 03:28 AMPosted by Justice
Buffing Harmony could allow us the option of using emeralds instead of diamonds in our chest and pants.

It would also affect diversity and make the other defensive passives useless in comparison, which is not something Blizzard would want. Why use any other passive when you have Harmony?

That's kind of why it got nerfed in the first place.
Just because everyone uses it does not mean its great. It could mean that its just not as crappy as the alternatives.

My WD and DH have passives that feel meaningful and change things....especially the WD.

My monk just has things that make me live a tad longer.

20%cdr is i think monks best passive lol.
09/12/2017 06:48 AMPosted by Tzutsu
Just because everyone uses it does not mean its great. It could mean that its just not as crappy as the alternatives.

My WD and DH have passives that feel meaningful and change things....especially the WD.

My monk just has things that make me live a tad longer.

20%cdr is i think monks best passive lol.

That is a good point. Blizzard could buff all the defensive passives and the monk would still not be top tier. Buffing everything wouldn't be a bad idea.
Actually armony wasn't nerfed nearly as hard, OwE did gave you 100% all res but it required you to have a single secondary resist, this was a nightmare for gear because while most classes were looking for just 4 stats monks were looking for 5, this change makes every stat worth it, plus unless I'm mistaken if you get a mix of all kinds of elements your overall all resistance is close or exactly the same as you would had with a full OwE monk, while stacking a single resistance gives you a lot more of that resistance but a lot less of the others.

Besides even with changes to the passives diamonds on armor are way to good, since they technically provide the same defense as 750 main stat, but thanks to the interaction between all res and armor it's actually even more defense than 750 main stat.
noob request

this passive can give you 210*11*0.4=924 allresist
LOL
ALL
RESIST

it is one of the best defensive passives in the game, just stack phys resist on gear and you'll see the difference