UE multishot build

Demon Hunter
just completed the UE set but im still having problems with never having enough hatred. multishot costs ALOT. yangs recurve has 40-50% resource cost reduction, will that really help alot? there are no items that increase hatred regeneration or anything. at the moment its kind of unplayable. you can use multishot for about 2 seconds then your hatred is depleted. can't carry on like this.
Yes, the Yangs helps "a lot."

For low level stuff like T13, you can use Cindercoat as well.

You don't need Hatred regen, the build typically uses Focus and Restraint, so you just have to balance your generator and spender, making sure you are able to spam Multishot during your fire cycle of CoE.

In fact, if you are playing Multishot without a Yangs, you are playing it wrong.
09/08/2017 02:52 PMPosted by LilNydez
just completed the UE set but im still having problems with never having enough hatred. multishot costs ALOT. yangs recurve has 40-50% resource cost reduction, will that really help alot? there are no items that increase hatred regeneration or anything. at the moment its kind of unplayable. you can use multishot for about 2 seconds then your hatred is depleted. can't carry on like this.

Stop playing then.
Whoa, are you some kind of troll?

I just took a look at your gear, and it's rolled so wrong that it's makes my OCD cry.

You have nothing cubed either.

You would have to have done this on purpose right? I mean, it's the opposite of a functioning build. Are you aiming to get your build in a Challenge Rift?
Here is how you solve the Hatred issue:

1) You need to use Vengeance - Seethe rune, which will give you 10 Hatred per second as long as Vengeance is active.

2) Use the Dawn 1handed crossbow in the cube, it will reduce the cooldown of Vengeance by 65%. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/dawn

3) Then you need some additional cooldown reduction on your gear so Vengeance has a 100% uptime. You need CDR on the quiver and a few other items and you maybe can use The Witching Hour Belt, which will give you 8% additional CDR if you don't have enough.

Bonus tip) Use Visage of Gunes helm in the cube, it will synergize very well with 100% Vengeance uptime, because it will give you 50% damage reduction while Vengeance is active from the Dark Heart rune. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/visage-of-gunes

Then, your Hatred issues are solved.
Are you really asking if you should use the set's supporting legendary items? Like, should you use the MS bow when using MS?
09/08/2017 03:02 PMPosted by DOA
Whoa, are you some kind of troll?

I just took a look at your gear, and it's rolled so wrong that it's makes my OCD cry.

You have nothing cubed either.

You would have to have done this on purpose right? I mean, it's the opposite of a functioning build. Are you aiming to get your build in a Challenge Rift?

i havent got around to any of that, i only made the DH a couple of days ago.

im going to cube everything and get every single item the build requires, im just saying i havent found the items yet because its a new hero and its really hard playing with it right now, just hoping i see big improvements when i get everything i need.

anyway i got what i needed from your responses, that clears things up for me.
yangs recurve has 40-50% resource cost reduction, will that really help alot?

Yes, Yang's is standard gear of UE MS build, DML quiver is the second one.
37% or so CDR coupled with a cubed Dawn on your weapon spot will allow you to keep vengeance:seethe up permanently. That'll fix most of your resource problems.

For T13, either a cubed cindercoat or the bat companion can help quite a lot, since you don't need a lot of toughness or insane amounts of damage to get through this difficulty, especially if you couple it with a cubed band of avarice and a goldwrap to render you pretty much invulnerable as long as you keep picking up gold. If you need more damage, you can also cube a convention of the elements ring and equip a witching hour belt.

You just got the set, so there's more optimization you can do there:
- Reroll your helm's useless elemental arrow damage bonus to CC. Eventually on another drop you may be able to get both MS damage and CC, which will give you another damage boost.
- Reroll resource cost reduction to vitality on your shoulders. After the aforementioned resource management tweaks you won't be needing this.
- Reroll whatever pieces you can get discipline on to have it. UE's main damage multiplier is discipline, so maxing these secondary rolls on your chestpiece, weapon and quiver is imperative, regardless if your primary rolls aren't particularly good. You'll eventually get better rolled pieces anyways.
- Bastions of Will is a great set to use with UE. Replace your two rings for them.
- Get a HF amulet with a good passive. Ideally it would have fire damage, CC and CHD, but it's much harder to get them all, so any combination you manage will do for T13.
- Get fire damage on your wraps of clarity. The ones you've got equipped won't get you that, but it's fairly easy to get both elemental damage and CC on them for your next drop.
- Reroll movement speed to Multishot damage. It's your primary source of damage, so this should be fairly obvious.
- Reach 37% CDR. Gloves, quiver, weapon or rings can get you there alongside your helm's diamond, although if you can try keeping rings with CHD and CC if possible.
- Get a Dead Man's Legacy. Massive damage boost. Don't forget that +12 Discipline roll, even if the other stats aren't that great.
- For T13 you may find Bane of the Powerful more useful than Stricken. You don't need to deal so much damage as to make the stackable bonus nearly as useful as BotP.

Don't be discouraged by the needlessly hostile tone of people around here. Everyone was new at some point, and I'm assuming you just started playing DH, so hopefully this will help you.

Evasive fire with hardened rune... Multishot with Fire at Will rune until you get Yangs, then switch to Arsenal rune. EF keeps your hatred up and Fire at will drops the hatred cost of Multi by about 1/3. Hunters wrath belt increases Evasive Fire's attack speed and DPS, the added AS builds Hatred much faster, and more DPS never hurts.

Lastly, but most importantly, use your Necro to run T6 or T7 N-rifts for keys and gold, and lvl 30 G-rifts to collect blood shards that you use to gamble with your DH so you can pick up some much needed DH gear.

Checking out a DH Multishot guide on Icy Viens wouldn't hurt either.
09/08/2017 03:11 PMPosted by clueso
Here is how you solve the Hatred issue:

1) You need to use Vengeance - Seethe rune, which will give you 10 Hatred per second as long as Vengeance is active.

2) Use the Dawn 1handed crossbow in the cube, it will reduce the cooldown of Vengeance by 65%. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/dawn

3) Then you need some additional cooldown reduction on your gear so Vengeance has a 100% uptime. You need CDR on the quiver and a few other items and you maybe can use The Witching Hour Belt, which will give you 8% additional CDR if you don't have enough.

Bonus tip) Use Visage of Gunes helm in the cube, it will synergize very well with 100% Vengeance uptime, because it will give you 50% damage reduction while Vengeance is active from the Dark Heart rune. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/visage-of-gunes

Then, your Hatred issues are solved.

This is how a class act responds to a question.
LilNydez....

Your DH build looks like something that will pop up one day as a Challenge Rift. If this is your way to get back at all those who did you wrong in this game you have found a way to even the score. LOL.
09/08/2017 03:11 PMPosted by clueso
No, the Witching Hour (WH) is famous for:

Dex/Int/Str
Vitality
Increased Attack Speed
Critical Hit Damage

You are confusing the WH with the Vigilante Belt, which does provide up to 8% CoolDown Reduction, and is a good alternative if you haven't found a WH yet.
09/08/2017 06:38 PMPosted by Traveler
Lastly, but most importantly, use your Necro to run T6 or T7 N-rifts for keys and gold, and lvl 30 G-rifts to collect blood shards that you use to gamble with your DH so you can pick up some much needed DH gear.
No, he should use the gold-powered speed farming build demonstrated largely in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQCjdY4i5xI

The changes I have made are Cindercoat and Avarice Band in the Cube along with Dawn.

This is the actual build I use:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/StoneCold-1821/hero/76403545

You may note that I am using the Ballistics passive, because the Hellfire amulet has Cull the Weak. If you don't have that, trade out the Ballistics passive for Cull the Weak. Also, if you have no problems managing Hatred, you can swap the Cubed Cindercoat for Nemesis Bracers, for a boost in Death's Breath drops.

With this build not only will you clear Nephalem Rifts fast, but you amass all the gold you need, not to mention gems and Greater Rift keystones. You can also use this build for doing blazing fast solo or split Bounties, all the while collecting all the gold and mats you need.
09/08/2017 05:09 PMPosted by LilNydez
i havent got around to any of that, i only made the DH a couple of days ago.

im going to cube everything and get every single item the build requires, im just saying i havent found the items yet because its a new hero and its really hard playing with it right now

Alright, we are halfway there.

You know your build isn't complete, so time to try out those items that make the build functional.

After you try them, then you will know more about how it works for you and can seek some advice.

Don't just decide it's not playable when you know it's not complete.