Here is what I changed:
1.) Relogged into battle.net launcher
2.) Changed my D3prefs.txt file with the following:

DisableTrilinearFiltering "1"
ColorCorrection "0"
HardwareClass "1"
DisableScreenShake "0"
DisableChromaEffects "0"

3.) Set all graphic settings to the minimum in game.
4.) Set sound channels to minimum (16)
5.) Running D3 as administrator

Something in this fixed the stuttering issue I was having. At least for now... I have been playing 2 hours with no lag, it usually gets worse over time.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752528747?page=1

Locking this thread. Stuttering can come from a range of issues. The core issue for this thread has been resolved and this topic is very old. New reports or recent reports of this issue should be reported in a new thread so we can assist you!

New thread about same problem.
So..... when Blizzard is going to fix this game....

Well ?..... we're waiting !
same thing
Same problem with an enough powerful hardware.
Laptop with a GTX 1070 and I7 7700HQ.
11/20/2017 07:09 AMPosted by Jee4Juu
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752528747?page=1

Locking this thread. Stuttering can come from a range of issues. The core issue for this thread has been resolved and this topic is very old. New reports or recent reports of this issue should be reported in a new thread so we can assist you!

New thread about same problem.
So..... when Blizzard is going to fix this game....

Well ?..... we're waiting !

OK Blizzard, the way to assist us is fixing your game, not more typical responses such "copy DxDiag, install last drivers and blablablah" things that any with a minimal knowledge about PCgaming have tried before posting and almost never have fixed an issue with your games or any other games.
This is my PC

EVGA z170 classified k
i7 6700k
3466mhz ram 16GB
GTX 1080 ti
1440p 165hz gsync

I know this pc is overkill but it runs fine. My best way to run the game is borderless fullscreen and vsync off with no fps cap.

I do get a random quick stutter but I think it is from the engine loading the random map locations.
Not sure if this is relevant or works, but found this tidbit in todays windows 10 update:
Addressed a performance regression when users run full-screen Microsoft DirectX 9 games and applications.
I have the same Problem with a realy good pc... awesome Blizz...
Every 20-30 seconds i have stuttering, fps still on 60... but it looks horrible..
Closing this thread as the last post was from December 2017. If you're running into this issue please make a new thread.