GR86+

General Discussion
how do you get past gr87? I have been trying it's near impossible. Do I need all ancient pieces gemmed to 500 dex or something?
Try harder
11/13/2017 09:33 PMPosted by SevenShadow
Try harder

if I try harder, my mouse and keyboard will break and then I will have to buy new ones which I can't afford because I am broke
Get the new version of Yang's, even a standard Yang's will be more powerful than your old primal.

Or run an impale build, did GR90 without augments a few seasons back.
11/13/2017 09:38 PMPosted by MrHatStick
11/13/2017 09:33 PMPosted by SevenShadow
Try harder

if I try harder, my mouse and keyboard will break and then I will have to buy new ones which I can't afford because I am broke

if you think trying harder means clicking and key-pressing harder then you have a bigger problem.

you need to optimize your build for skill damage and elemental damage. and yes ancients and augments help a lot too. hit SHIFT-L and find someone on the leaderboard with the same build and try to get your stats to match his. its ok if they arent as high as his, just try to make sure you have all the same type rolls on your gear. if he has cooldown and area damage on shoulders, get cooldown and area damage on your shoulders, etc. it doesnt really matter if you have 1% less AD or 1% less crit chance, here and there. just make sure you are getting all the right rolls before you try to get all the highest rolls.

watch a youtube video on your build and follow their advice.

also in my experience its hard to get past 90 with most builds without at least several ancients, especially an ancient weapon.

also expect to add 2 level 90 augments, and you will probably get 1 GR level out of it. i added 10 level 90 augments at once and got about 5 extra GR levels out of it.
How can he get a level 90 augment if he is saying he can't get past 87? You need to run in the 100s to upgrade them that high
You still have a very small chance to augment gems above the level of rift you're on. At gr87 I believe he could use 1% chances to get a gem all the way to 103.

I would recommend he swaps to shadow impale. Multishot is a serious glass cannon at high level and you basically have to just never get hit.

Edit: on my phone so can't see gear. If he's still using legacy gear he needs a new Yang's, dead man's and wraps of clarity. That would be a huge boost.
Yep using 2.6 Yang, DML, and Wraps. As others have said get the new updated versions of all of those and you will have no issue with an 87. Even non ancient ones of them will be vastly superior to what you have now. Also IMO dont worry about AS on your bow but make sure you have RCR on it.
Like I mention on the DH forums and some already mentioned here, get a new yangs, sadly that primal is obsolete or you can try a different build such as the hybrid marauder natalya rocket build, I did an 87 and I can still go higher on season with less than 600 paragon and my gems were on average at level 45, so going for 87+ is not impossible, also you could try shadow set with impale, even with bad gear and non ancients or augments I am sure you can get to 90 easily just be sure to get the new karleis if you happen to have an old version it will also be obsolete.
11/13/2017 10:51 PMPosted by SevenShadow
How can he get a level 90 augment if he is saying he can't get past 87? You need to run in the 100s to upgrade them that high

If u run GR 87 You have a 60% upgrade chance to level 88. And a 30% chance to level to 89. 15% to 90. Very doable.

I got my first 100 gem by completing GR 97.
It really depends on class and build honestly but... with buffs to all sets and classes this season and I don't feel any sympathy for you. 80 clears are like 70 or lower clears in past seasons now. I did GR89 last night in hard core with shadow impale and crap gear. Took me like week and a half plus good gear last season to do 86 and now this season I did it with !@#$ gear, without a follower, and being rusty with the build. A player in my clan did through GR 93 last night in HC with UE Multishot. I am pretty sure marauders can push past this easy as well. Only DH set that may struggle a bit is Nats but definitely possible.

I didn't look at what class you playing but it doesn't matter. To go higher you either need to just get better at clearing rifts, better gear, maybe augments, more paragons, the answer can really vary. Based on your question you probably juts need more experienced with the build and game and probably need to role better stats on current gear.
11/14/2017 08:15 AMPosted by Morido
Like I mention on the DH forums and some already mentioned here, get a new yangs, sadly that primal is obsolete or you can try a different build such as the hybrid marauder natalya rocket build, I did an 87 and I can still go higher on season with less than 600 paragon and my gems were on average at level 45, so going for 87+ is not impossible, also you could try shadow set with impale, even with bad gear and non ancients or augments I am sure you can get to 90 easily just be sure to get the new karleis if you happen to have an old version it will also be obsolete.

Im para 600 as shadow impale and i barely cleared an 85 solo with ancient KP dagger. Was hard as fk
11/16/2017 04:38 AMPosted by SaVaGeOnE
Im para 600 as shadow impale and i barely cleared an 85 solo with ancient KP dagger. Was hard as fk

OP has over 800 paragon, I think he/she is talking about non season, being para 600 and having trouble with 85 sound about right, I was able to complete a 92 around para 600 but with the hybrid mara nat, but I do think its possible also with S6 in not so great gear, GR 90 is like GR80 from last season, but yeah I can see it can get rough with bad rolls on gear at such low paragon.
11/16/2017 04:38 AMPosted by SaVaGeOnE

A lot of your stuff is still not ancient, IMO it's already pretty nice to do 85 with that gear.

One little thing to begin with is to upgrade your mains legendary gems.

Your best one is only 55 Oo

If you were able to do a 85 you should be able to get them three at level 80 very easily, it would be a good start to make things easier.

Some other tips:

-> Change your impale spell rune and get the Lightning or the Cold one, as you wish
->Enchant your Bracers to have Lightning or Cold damages instead of physical, as it will become useless
->Find some more Impale Damage bonus, especially on Quiver

Just with that you should jump to 90 pretty quickly^^
As guys above say, you are running the old wraps and old Yang !!!
Get the new bow. 3x damage. . . . .
Get the new wraps. Even a bad one is better than a bis old version.
Get a new amulet. Perfectionist is quite useless. Steady Aim is best. Your amulet isn't even a trifecta.
Don't stack area damage, it's almost worthless with MS. Add CDR and RCR. You clearly don't have enough CDR for perm Vengeance which means a loss of toughness and damage.
I prefer dex+vit+rcr+cdr in shoulders. dex+vit+cc+cd on gloves.
I prefer powerful to Stricken. Really only need Stricken on pushes 105+.

Non season UE MS gr100 is 5 minutes.
11/13/2017 09:32 PMPosted by MrHatStick
how do you get past gr87? I have been trying it's near impossible. Do I need all ancient pieces gemmed to 500 dex or something?
Vengeance up all the time with 30 percent cdr? Myself I prefer compass rose and pledge with elusive ring but ok I suppose.Old version of yang is definitly one problem

Cleared GR100 in half ancients and 3 augments as a solo player this season. Not sure what you're doing.
11/16/2017 10:01 AMPosted by FusRoDah
Vengeance up all the time with 30 percent cdr? Myself I prefer compass rose and pledge with elusive ring but ok I suppose.Old version of yang is definitly one problem

besides yangs and DML and wrap bracers, has any other item changed drastically that I need to change? Or is everything else fine?
Karlei's point if you run shadow.

This is the complete list.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/21115840/patch-261-now-live-10-24-2017

This is the desired stats on all your gear.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/unhallowed-essence-multishot-demon-hunter-bis-gear-gems-paragon-points