Game isn't launching since 2.6.1

Technical Support
Game isn't launching since 2.6.1 patch. Did the reboot, nvidia update, remove full screen optimizations, windowed mode in D3prefs, uninstalled blizzard app then reinstalled, tried 32 bit client, tried closing all in task manager.

I click "play" in blizzard app, then the ROS logo appears, but it's stuck there infinitely.
Switched to asia server for testing, it's started another update (?).. got stuck... then switched back to america server and it launched.
Asia server is not updated yet. Any update will fallback to 2.6.0.
i had the same problem as "DOM" Game isn't launching since 2.6.1 patch. Did the reboot, nvidia update, remove full screen optimizations, windowed mode in D3prefs, uninstalled blizzard app then reinstalled, tried 32 bit client, tried closing all in task manager.
10/25/2017 02:54 AMPosted by Aaronaz68
i had the same problem as "DOM" Game isn't launching since 2.6.1 patch. Did the reboot, nvidia update, remove full screen optimizations, windowed mode in D3prefs, uninstalled blizzard app then reinstalled, tried 32 bit client, tried closing all in task manager.

This Bull !@#$!
10/24/2017 07:39 PMPosted by Dom
Game isn't launching since 2.6.1 patch. Did the reboot, nvidia update, remove full screen optimizations, windowed mode in D3prefs, uninstalled blizzard app then reinstalled, tried 32 bit client, tried closing all in task manager.

I click "play" in blizzard app, then the ROS logo appears, but it's stuck there infinitely.

Having same problem. Help, Blizzard.
hey guys can you provide a little more information? When you say the game doesn't launch, what is happening exactly? Does it crash? Is there an error message? Do you get a BSOD?
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759180206#post-2
Tried what Dom said. Went to ASIA server updated there and when I went back to Americas, it said "UPDATING" (even though I had already updated it and it failed to get past the loading screen). When it was done with it's second attempt at updating the game finally worked!!!!
For me it was hanging at the loading screen after the character selection screen. The diamond's animation stopped and after waiting 10 minutes or so gave up and rebooted my computer. Happened twice. Like my previous post explained I followed what Dom did and updated the ASIA server and then when I went back to Americas it "reupdated" and then it stopped hanging.
10/25/2017 06:10 AMPosted by hal8999
hey guys can you provide a little more information? When you say the game doesn't launch, what is happening exactly? Does it crash? Is there an error message? Do you get a BSOD?
Tries to update. Error message after a couple of seconds....Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.
More help: BLZBNTAGTOOOOOBCA
I get into the game load my character up and then my game crashes and this has happened since 2.6.1 started
0A84459C-79B0-40FB-97EF-CAF03C434818
I have similar issue. After login, the current character shows. But I can't click anything. Not be able to start game, exit diablo, or even switch to another program. The only way to quit is long press power button to restart machine.
Mine won't even make to the character login tried updating the Battle.net folder but that hasn't worked. When I try to open the "Blizzard Battle.net Installation"
it comes up with a message saying "We're having problems getting patch information. If you keep seeing this, we've probably broken something. Please bear with us while we fix it."

Then at the bottom it has for more help: BLZBNTBTS00000029

Or when I try and open Diablo III a screen comes up saying "Diablo III Installation" and the text "we're having trouble launching the Blizzard Update Agent. Pleas wait one minute and try again. If it happens again, try restarting your computer or reinstalling the Blizzard app." I have tried everything suggested in the message to no avail. More Help: BLZBNTBTS0000005C
10/26/2017 05:42 AMPosted by IanE
Mine won't even make to the character login tried updating the Battle.net folder but that hasn't worked. When I try to open the "Blizzard Battle.net Installation"
it comes up with a message saying "We're having problems getting patch information. If you keep seeing this, we've probably broken something. Please bear with us while we fix it."

Or when I try and open Diablo III a screen comes up saying "Diablo III Installation" and the text "we're having trouble launching the Blizzard Update Agent. Pleas wait one minute and try again. If it happens again, try restarting your computer or reinstalling the Blizzard app." I have tried everything suggested in the message to no avail. More Help: BLZBNTBTS0000005C
I am having the same issue, I even uninstalled and it will not let me reinstall!

10/26/2017 04:10 PMPosted by Makwa
10/26/2017 05:42 AMPosted by IanE

game wont play on Xbox one it says "syncing was cancelled or failed. you may proceed without completing syncing, but you will be unable to save your game. "
it has done this for two days now
same situation like above, 1st experience ever that player need to investigate on to how to troubleshoot tool issue......
my problem is that the app does not recognize that I have windows 7 ultimate. It keeps telling me that game won't play on Windows XP. I upgraded a long time ago to 7. How do I solve this problem?