Blackthorne set needs to GO NOW

General Discussion
Blackthorne's doesn't need to go. It just needs to be given a real, tangible purpose (and made into a complete 6p set). It's a bad joke as it stands, but there is one place it could be made awesome and for which there are no real sets that work with it -- a primary-only build. Primary skills, for pretty much every class, are about the only abilities that are, oddly enough, fairly well balanced against one another. They've got various supporting legendary powers but not lots of them, and none of them come with massive multipliers like what exists with every other set-supported legendary item.

And then reality sets in -- this game isn't going to see any major changes to what it already is, so there's no real point in hoping for major changes.
i don't mind 1 useless set.
-it manipulates us to be happier with the rest.
blackthorns set should be a support set for a class with support buffs to party and defence for party and damage reduction for it self
Requesting a Francis video on Youtube about Blackthorne item drop rage! :D
Can’t it just become a class set?
It might be useful if it didn't require as many items. I just never seen a good build with it. Has anyone else?
11/06/2017 09:51 PMPosted by WittyGem
Either make it craft-only like Sage or get rid of that crap completely. I am sick to death of it always being every second set to appear either via drops, gambling or rare upgrading, and I've had a gutsful of wasting crafting mats on this trash.

3 Blackthorne upgraded amulets in a row. Are you frikkin kidding me?

Blackthorne did go! :P
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackthorne
8mo necro!

Blackthornes 2018 update randomly?
Should have 6pc: "Leah dies horribly. She hallucinates too much and runs into Belials gate n collapses to the side because she started shooting red-lazers out of her upper-right shoulder/neck".
I just got a Primal Blackthorne amulet. It made me rage a bit inside and utter a string of curses.

Back to the grind.
11/06/2017 10:01 PMPosted by WittyGem
11/06/2017 09:53 PMPosted by Vresiberba
And those who have it equipped, they should just accept that Blizzard just removed these items for no reason?

LMFAO oh my............you're using it, aren't you?

Oh boy, no wonder you never post anything worth reading. On ignore you go. I feel my IQ dropping by at least 50% every time I see a post of yours.

You wouldn't know, because he bought a 2nd account that he hides behind.

edit: btw, you do need to salvage items to make forgotten souls for other items, right? Blackthorns are used for this....
blackthorns is a great set its just not been buffed up the 50 times the other sets have, they only need to buff it so its a relevant elite killing set
no where near as bad as that Isenhart set on D2. i remember Meph dropping 3 of those chest pieces from a single kill
I don't understand why they don't buff it and make it an actually useful and viable build set. That would be awesome. Then you could look forward to receiving them.
Would rather see a buff to Ashera set. 3 companions continuously.
90% of the items in this game are pure junk by design. This is the hill you chose to die on? Why?
06/16/2019 04:52 AMPosted by Zymurgeist
90% of the items in this game are pure junk by design. This is the hill you chose to die on? Why?

To be fair these days it's more around 70%. The game would be in a great spot if it was 50/50.
11/06/2017 09:53 PMPosted by Vresiberba
And those who have it equipped, they should just accept that Blizzard just removed these items for no reason?

Who equips it?

Not trolling, I really want to know.
06/16/2019 07:50 PMPosted by DieHarder
Who equips it?

Not trolling, I really want to know.

I do occasionally; one can do a Wastes / Blackthorne's setup.
While this is an old thread, I have to say that there's no need to remove blackthorne. Blizzard only needs to buff it while keeping it applicable for all classes.
They could aswell just enable vitality based dmg builds; in that case the blackthorne set would shine. ^^