Ideal Build

Wizard
Is there a world in 2.6.1 where this build will work:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#NRlQk!!bYZcZ

Last slot doesn't matter much. I'm assuming it has to be an armor skill for survivability.

I'm guessing you probably need a primary skill or Conduit to keep the arcane power up, so I doubt the build would work in practice, but maybe there is a combination that does.

The actual runes on Disintegrate and Black Hole don't matter too much, I only really dislike Disintegrate/Entropy (thinking in a Tals set where the element might matter.)

It certainly wouldn't have to be a pushing build, but if it could do whatever the equivalent of a GR 80 today (I'm assuming that gets pushed a bit from the all the buffs in 2.6.1) that would be my dream build.

I used to use that a while back before sets became dominant.
GD, long time no see, my friend!
I'm expecting 2.6.1 to somehow allow us to have some fun with Disintegrate as well.
Let's see if Blizz could surprise us! :D
The biggest problem with that build is that it appears to rely solely on the Disintegrate for its damage output. Using DW+ES you'll get a nice x10 damage boost on the ray but Blizzard is a (really) bad DPS choice for the ES casts. Most of the Sigil builds showing good clears are using spenders that are also highly boosted (IE, Meteor) which far, far outdamage the beam itself. I know, you're probably using the Blizzard spam as a crowd control, with the BH grouping them up for it. Nice, but the kill speed may be an issue.

GR80? I'm not sure. Possibly. I did most of my testing in PTR in GR90. I never did run a build that relied solely on the channel damage though.

-dolynick
10/08/2017 09:58 AMPosted by dolynick
Using DW+ES you'll get a nice x10 damage boost on the ray but Blizzard is a (really) bad DPS choice for the ES casts.

Man, I have really spent time out of the game. I just lost 5 minutes trying to understand what DW+ES were (Dual Wield ? Energy 'Splosion?) until it hit me: Deathwish and Etched Sigil.

Sigh. That explains why it's been hard to properly gear a Wizard for T13 for me these days. :)