Hi Blizz, Can I come back yet?

Wizard
09/27/2017 07:01 AMPosted by Gbrav13
Archon isnt fixed but there should be at least 3 or 4 viable non archon builds.

Tal channeling meteor
Dmo/tal frozen orb
Fb meteor
Explosive blast

You forgot ENERGY TWISTER.
09/26/2017 05:45 PMPosted by BDF
09/25/2017 11:39 PMPosted by ChangBooster
Vanilla perma-archon was fun in small doses. I won't touch this monstrosity it's become.

I've similar feelings, though its not because of archon itself, but because of the terribly bad feeling inconsistency of manald heal procs.

I'll never figure out why they didn't make the item that buffed paralysis based around utility/CC instead of weird, inconsistent damage.
09/27/2017 01:57 PMPosted by ChangBooster

Tal channeling meteor
Dmo/tal frozen orb
Fb meteor
Explosive blast

WAVE OF FORCE!
Yeah, I sure hope nobody tries/succeeds using Archon with all these new non-Archon buffs... Because if they do, then an Archon variant will be potentially ~10 GRs above a non-Archon variant. I know trying to use Archon with Firebirds to abuse the new channeling buffs is very challenging even if the numbers are there. I do think Delseres/Archon/Energy Twister is feasible though.

This has happened before with Energy Twister a couple years ago. Delseres/Energy Twister was the meta. Then some European player used Tal Rasha+Archon+Energy Twister to top the leaderboards. Archon was just a ruse for the Fazulas stacks and nothing more.

But I guess it's only 10 GRs difference, it's still a big improvement over the Live where Archon is 20-30 GRs higher.

Tal channeling meteor
Dmo/tal frozen orb
Fb meteor
Explosive blast

Really? Daaamn. I didnt think it would be viable. The mechanics always put me off. I guess it did get buffed quite a bit.

Dont see how you fit ES/Twisted sword/deathwish... Oh my god, you can fit all three! TWISTER IS BACK
09/28/2017 05:14 PMPosted by Gbrav13

Really? Daaamn. I didnt think it would be viable. The mechanics always put me off. I guess it did get buffed quite a bit.

Dont see how you fit ES/Twisted sword/deathwish... Oh my god, you can fit all three! TWISTER IS BACK

And guess what? You can also fit Archon in with ES/Twisted Sword/Deathwish in Delseres! I tried it the other day. It's a bit challenging to kill elites in 20 seconds with supercharged twisters though. You can also build a handful of stacks by casting twisters on trash just before you become Archon to teleport to your next elite pack.
09/28/2017 05:42 PMPosted by nslay
You can also fit Archon in with ES/Twisted Sword/Deathwish in Delseres!

Take your Archon promoting @ss out of here! :>

#ArchonLivesDontMatter
I only wanted to show Blizzard that Wizard players might try to mix Archon into their awesome non-Archon buffs, thus partly defeating the purpose of all those nice buffs :(
I wish they would just remove archon from the game. They removed cm because it broke the class archon is way worse.
Coming back just for the frozen orb... Wish they kept the 45 yard radius.
09/28/2017 08:52 PMPosted by nslay
I only wanted to show Blizzard that Wizard players might try to mix Archon into their awesome non-Archon buffs, thus partly defeating the purpose of all those nice buffs :(

I had a post on the ptr feedback (and here I think) stating that players would do exactly that. Got flamed for it. Oh well.

Gotta laugh with you trying that though. Wasnt archon twister a dps meta? I dont remember if the build used archon.
09/29/2017 05:51 PMPosted by Gbrav13
09/28/2017 08:52 PMPosted by nslay

I had a post on the ptr feedback (and here I think) stating that players would do exactly that. Got flamed for it. Oh well.

Gotta laugh with you trying that though. Wasnt archon twister a dps meta? I dont remember if the build used archon.

At some point, I stopped trying to convince forum posters. I decided I would try my very best to do something unreasonable with Archon. I made an LoN Archon/Meteor Wizard hit GR96, and I just barely lost at GR98! I'm sure I can do at least GR98... I'd like to beat GR100 with LoN Wizard just to say that I did.

See my unpopular post:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759366320

I think you are more experienced at Wizard than I am. You would probably very easily be able to construct an Archon variant that could top the leaderboard.

I tried the same strategy as LoN with Firebirds (the numbers are more favorable for Firebirds) but found that you have to be able to survive for 1-2 seconds after Archon drops to get the mitigation from Firebirds. Maybe you can envision another practical way to abuse Archon. The same strategy can work with Delseres since you can cast Slow Time immediately after Archon drops.
09/25/2017 11:39 PMPosted by ChangBooster
Vanilla perma-archon was fun in small doses. I won't touch this monstrosity it's become.

+1.
Although I'm not a big fan of qq threads, seeing some familiar faces here give me good feelings.
Let's wait the patch go live and see.
09/25/2017 10:56 PMPosted by Ryoka
09/25/2017 09:11 PMPosted by lightstorm
Whats wrong with Archon you noob?

I'm not after power. I'm after gameplay. A lot of players think that power = fun. Even if Wizard could do GR200 with Archon, I still wouldnt play it. For the people who like that, then I'm happy for you.

In a nutshell, Archon builds use the other 5 skills to waste time till the Archon button is off cooldown. It's stupid even thinking about it.

You Do care about power, everyone cares, otherwise top build won't bother anyone. Top builds are all about power. Which is why you are welcome in patch 2.6.1.
09/24/2017 08:32 PMPosted by Ryoka
I was a day 1 wizard.

I stopped playing Wiz when the best build for every set was Archon. I want to come home.

Can we make Hydra, Meteor, Channelling a thing again?

i thought u already switched to necro... based on ur profile icon.
10/10/2017 06:51 PMPosted by Luffy
09/24/2017 08:32 PMPosted by Ryoka
I was a day 1 wizard.

I stopped playing Wiz when the best build for every set was Archon. I want to come home.

Can we make Hydra, Meteor, Channelling a thing again?

i thought u already switched to necro... based on ur profile icon.

Profile pic is deceptive. I too have switched to Necro. I haven't seriously played Wizard in about a year. PTR is about the most time I've spent on Wizard in the past year.
10/10/2017 08:10 PMPosted by nslay
I haven't seriously played Wizard in about a year

3 yrs for me lol..... the last time i played wiz was when loot 2.0 was first introduced.
10/10/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Dolen
You Do care about power, everyone cares

You're like the second guy that said that in this thread. How do you know what I care about? Are you psychic? Or just that arrogant that you think everyone wants what you want?
Wait... There might be more viable builds (within 10 GR) that don't involve Archon?

My feet aren't cold so hell must not have froze over. What's going on?
10/11/2017 01:08 PMPosted by kasper301615
Wait... There might be more viable builds (within 10 GR) that don't involve Archon?

My feet aren't cold so hell must not have froze over. What's going on?

Large buffs to meteor/channeling weapons. Buffs to frozen orb (rune specific) and arcane orb in general. Large buffs to Explosive blast. Buffs to chantodos and vyr.