Hi Blizz, Can I come back yet?

Wizard
10/11/2017 01:15 PMPosted by Gbrav13
10/11/2017 01:08 PMPosted by kasper301615
Wait... There might be more viable builds (within 10 GR) that don't involve Archon?

My feet aren't cold so hell must not have froze over. What's going on?

Large buffs to meteor/channeling weapons. Buffs to frozen orb (rune specific) and arcane orb in general. Large buffs to Explosive blast. Buffs to chantodos and vyr.

Are the buffs enough to come with 5 GRift levels of an Archon build? If that's the case, I might actually log in for the first time 1.5 years...
10/10/2017 08:23 PMPosted by Ryoka
10/10/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Dolen
You Do care about power, everyone cares

You're like the second guy that said that in this thread. How do you know what I care about? Are you psychic? Or just that arrogant that you think everyone wants what you want?

I'm no psychic, nor saying people should think the way what I think, I use logic. If you don't care, then your logic make no sense.

09/25/2017 10:56 PMPosted by Ryoka
09/25/2017 09:11 PMPosted by lightstorm
Whats wrong with Archon you noob?

I'm not after power. I'm after gameplay. A lot of players think that power = fun.

If you are not after power why do you care about top build being top, while you can play the same build you want, and not caring about that power.

increasing in power level to various builds is only difference 2.6.1 is making, and it's what most people are hoping for.
So if your not after power, maybe it's not yet the time for you to comeback, the patch doesn't change anything for you.
I feel the same way about archon. I refuse to play it, even if it means I can clear higher.

It looks like old school channeling will be viable with death wish and sigil this coming patch. One might be able to argue it'll be one of the best ways to play, even, if the bonuses are not toned down today.
10/11/2017 02:16 PMPosted by kasper301615
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Large buffs to meteor/channeling weapons. Buffs to frozen orb (rune specific) and arcane orb in general. Large buffs to Explosive blast. Buffs to chantodos and vyr.

Are the buffs enough to come with 5 GRift levels of an Archon build? If that's the case, I might actually log in for the first time 1.5 years...

Archon will not be the top solo spec next patch. Both frozen orb and meteor should be superior. And wit1h the defensive buffs to halo (lightning one) they arent as squishy as they used to be

Both orb and meteor can do 100+. Its worth coming back imo
10/12/2017 12:49 PMPosted by Dolen
If you are not after power why do you care about top build being top

Where did I mention about being top?

If you want me to be more specific, I want to play with my friends. I'm unable to because a channelling wiz is weak for them. I think "balancing" is a more accurate description. Not "power".

I'm not fussed whether I get stronger. For all I care, Blizz can nerf every other class/build.

In every patch notes, the text "This skill now does 900000000% weapon damage" stimulates nothing in me.
Well I solved my D3 Frustration issues been playing Guardians Of Ember... Fun game with entirely different frustrations (Game still has a few bugs). Should join us Ryo.
This Meteor and Frozen Orb you talk about, as in Meteorb possibly, or just on their own as in Frozen Orb with DMO or Tal’s Meteor?
Separate. Meteor requires Deathwish + Etched Sigil + Grand Vizier + Nilfurs. Orb requires Unstable + Triumvirate. With meteor you are channeling and weaving in manual meteors. If you tried to weave in orb casts + sig spells for tri you'd never be channeling.
I kinda figured it would be separate builds. There are too many pieces of gear to make each build work efficiently to be able to combine them. I am sure there is a way(IIRC it’s been awhile for me as I went back to D2) to get DMO and a 2 piece Tals going for somewhat of a Meteorb build.
I think wiz still has a way to go....want a really powerful ranged caster build?....play fire or lightning WOL monk: casts powerful spell at monsters from range....boom!
Sadly with wiz we are still required to complete an obstacle course to max our damage, i.e. cast in bubbles or cast other skills of a different element first...it is tiresome.
Shame...wiz has always been my preferred class.