Difficulty of Adventure mode

General Discussion
We need more torment Levels, i have toons that can not stay active in a t 13 nephlem rift due to the fact that i 1 hit everything so my resource is depleted really quick. i think we need up to t15 or t17 at this point.

as toons continue to grow in strength and get better items and higher paragon we need to add to the high end of the spectrum with better drop chances. doing this would fix the need to go and do GR's just to play and enjoy my game play.
Time to level another and start over. Season 12 is just 22 days away from starting.
I would like less torment levels. And more requirements for getting into those levels. A lot of the levels are not even being used.
No what we need are condensed torment levels ((T1 = T2 diff. T2 = T3 diff. ect. something like that) adding more torment levels is just annoying... "oh you can do the highest torment with little to no trouble at all? let me add more torment levels." Only for you later on to be breezing through that too and then asking for a torment 18-20 its getting out of hand
This game went from (after the D3 nerf) Torment 1-6, to torment 1-13 in 3 years its only a band-aid solution to the power creep. D3 isn't the challenging game it used to be... Not anymore i want it to be a challenging game again,
Switch Vengeance from Dark Heart to Seeth and Companion from Wolf to Bat. It'll change your life. If that still doesn't work, remove a few gems.
10/18/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Thanatos
D3 isn't the challenging game it used to be... Not anymore i want it to be a challenging game again,

Laments that D3 isn't challenging any more.
Argues against adding in more challenging Torment difficulties.

Can you not see the dichotomy between your two views?
Maybe some high level quests in every act, like bounty's. Starting at GR50 or higher.
When you complete them you progress to a higher level.
No one wants to play Adventure. All we want to do is Grift because it's the most efficient. More torment levels will never make adventure mode worth it. All that picking up crap and no leaderboard to show for it. Adventure mode and campaign should be removed from the game. The only alternative is to make them as efficient as GRs which means T20+. That's an instant down vote.
GR 130 is challenging. People say it isn't challenging anymore but you can always find a challenging GR. Anything else in the game is like going to the black smith. It's not meant to be challenging. It's just going to the rift key shop (NR) to pick up some keys.
10/19/2017 01:24 AMPosted by Steve
No one wants to play Adventure. All we want to do is Grift because it's the most efficient. More torment levels will never make adventure mode worth it.

Except of course for the fact that we have to play 'adventure' because we need Keystones to play Greater Rifts.

Have precisely NO IDEA why the OP is downvoted. Boggles the mind, really.
Consolidate what we have instead of adding more. Make each difficulty represent 10GR instead of 5. D3 doesn't need 17 difficulty settings to choose from. It's already beyond absurd.
10/18/2017 08:45 AMPosted by Savagelight
I would like less torment levels. And more requirements for getting into those levels. A lot of the levels are not even being used.

yeah, they should just:
leave T1 as it is
remove the current T2,T3,T4,T5,T7,T8,T9,T11,T12 they're obsolete anyway
turn current T6 into T2
current T10 into T3
current T13 into T4
add GR 75 equivalent as T5
add GR 90 equivalent as T6.
Nice account, how much did you pay for it?
The power creep and scaling is a mess in this game.

We need less power and less difficulty levels.

Our power increase should really be like from T1 - T6 during a Season.

Sure T1 could be T2 and T6 could be T12 if we want bigger change when increasing difficulty up.

Same for GR. GR50 should be 100.
10/19/2017 01:47 AMPosted by Alukat

I guess you've never played Hardcore. More granularity in difficulty is needed than in the glass-cannon, don't care if you die that is Softcore.
"My e-peen is bigger than yours!"
10/18/2017 08:45 AMPosted by Savagelight
Torment 1 should be as difficult as it is now. Torment 6 (the new highest) would be as difficult as GR80.

The requirement for entry to any difficulty should be x100 Paragon (Torment 6 requires P600), and solo completion of the GR at that difficulty. This way, even though there will be powerleveled noobs at P600, they will not be able to enter a T6 Adventure game and leech.

The only additional reward for these difficulties should be XP, 10% more common mats per difficulty tier, the possibility of 1 or 2 more DB per Elite, and up to 25 Bounty mats per Act (at T6).

The Legendary drop chances are fine like they are.*

*However, given the rarity of Primals, something needs to be done about the benighted RNG that drops them. There needs to be an algorithm that will examine your characters, and give you something that is useful in some way. Certainly, the chance for a Primal Puzzle Ring, and other items of its ilk, should have no chance to drop as Primal (believe me, I have them).
10/19/2017 02:45 AMPosted by Meteorblade

I guess you've never played Hardcore. More granularity in difficulty is needed than in the glass-cannon, don't care if you die that is Softcore.
That is a consideration. Perhaps we should lose T11-13, and then increase the difficulty of each level proportionately, so that the highest difficulty (T10) would be as difficult as GR75, with x50 Paragon required for entry (P500 for T10).
10/19/2017 02:45 AMPosted by Meteorblade

Not really. Most people jump torment ranks already. Start in T1-2, jump to T6-7 when you get your set unlocked, jump to T10 when the build rounds out. Everyone uses death passives anyway, so you have the chance to bail if it's too much too soon. Having bigger power jumps per torment level wouldn't really change anything in HC land.
10/18/2017 08:29 AMPosted by ImmortalGr8
We need more torment Levels

No, save the argument that there are too many difficulty levels, the issue is that it has to be achievable by all basically. Which means every set should be able to do it, and that means new buffs, new changes, new tiers, and the cycle starts all over.

The reason we got T10 was items got buffed making T6 too easy. And the same happend to T10, so now we have up to T13. The same WILL happen if you add up to T15.

Honestly, your best choice is to limit your power, work in some other stuff like Sage's set, or alternate way to kill monsters, that takes less ressource, or makes you move faster rather than hitting so hard - that's the essence of what anything non-GR has become.