Best build for new season?

Wizard
Icy veins has frozen orb as number 1, will this be ranked 1 for new season?
I'm actually having trouble with FO and I think it's because they upped the range. I wish they kept the range the same or would allow the orb to explode on cursor.
11/06/2017 09:17 AMPosted by Zenmuron
I'm actually having trouble with FO and I think it's because they upped the range. I wish they kept the range the same or would allow the orb to explode on cursor.

When I tried Frozen Orb out in PTR my intial thoughts were just that: The added range is actually an impediment. I didn't spend a lot of time with it though so I can't say if it's something that just requires some adjustment time.

-dolynick
the range before didn't allow it to benefit though from one of the passives. it was a weird medium range.
11/06/2017 09:53 AMPosted by sasarai
the range before didn't allow it to benefit though from one of the passives. it was a weird medium range.

I think you meant "one of the gems." Zei's specifically. Which is a fair point. It still doesn't mean that I think the useability of skill was better at the shorter range either though.

-dolynick
11/06/2017 10:12 AMPosted by dolynick
11/06/2017 09:53 AMPosted by sasarai

I think you meant "one of the gems." Zei's specifically. Which is a fair point. It still doesn't mean that I think the useability of skill was better at the shorter range either though.

-dolynick

No he meant power hungry. It used to explode before benefiting.
I feel like with the range as it is now, you really either need teleport or Ranslor's to put guys where you need them.
seems like firebird + metors will be rank 1 on 12 season
11/08/2017 01:55 AMPosted by Olex
seems like firebird + metors will be rank 1 on 12 season

Maybe, although it feels very glass cannon to me - I've been running higher GRs with tals/meteors. I think the learning curve is steeper on FB.
Start with Vyr + MH, it's probably the most powerful build early, later as you get paragon and gems for augumenting you can build meteor or frozen orb.
The explosive blast in the Icy Veins Frozen Orb build seems out of place. I get that it's needed for the buff from the cubed Orb of Infinite Depths, but the rest of the build has you operating from long range.