Best yangs stats?

Demon Hunter
So, what does the best yangs look like? What are the best stats for a UE MS dh?
The best I've personally seen is:

3672.9 Damage Per Second

1560- 1940 - Fire Damage
10% Damage
Increased Attack Speed 7%
Reduced Cooldown of all skills 10%
12% max Discipline

Critical Hit Damage 130% From Green Gem
+600 Dexterity from Caldesann's Despair
Whenever you get one make sure it has disc roll on it then you worry about the other stats. The hard part becomes comparing Yang's with 9 disc to ones with 12 disc and that's when you go use dps calculator see which stat changes would benefit you more.

Otherwise the post above is BiS. Good luck getting that roll though.
11/14/2017 11:17 AMPosted by Andrey
Otherwise the post above is BiS. Good luck getting that roll though.
I don't know if I'd consider the above post as the best yangs. Here's why imo:

1) rolling CDR on to yang's is questionable imo; you only need 2 rolls on other gear for perma, or 1 roll with Gogok. You're best dedicating that CDR roll to something offensive related:
Increased Damage vs Elites
IAS
Area Damage
LoH maybe

CDR definitely isn't a bad roll, but I don't think it's the best possible roll for UE.

2) even IAS is questionable, it does increase paper dps but if the IAS is making it to the point you can't sustain your hatred, for what ever reason, or it doesn't actually make you pass a BP because of yangs 50% IAS(can happen with a few APS rolls on other gear), then it's not really helping you that much in the long run. Obviously if you can sustain, and it does give a BP, that translates to dmg.

I'm honestly not entirely sure what the "best" yangs would be, but as long as the primal has discipline, then it's good. I've noticed a lot of people having been running with only like 3→3.5 k vit because they dropped 2k vit, in total, off of the quiver and helm. With that said, I don't think having vit on that slot is a bad roll either, as long as you've compensated the damage on another slot.
Well here's the thing. I started my dh last night (first one ever and I'm kinda hooked). I got about 3 hours in and got a primal yangs with 10% dmg, attack speed, dex, rcr, discipline, and I put a gift in it. I don't know if I should touch it or leave it be. Its what I'm wearing on my profile right now.
11/14/2017 11:35 AMPosted by Zala
Well here's the thing. I started my dh last night (first one ever and I'm kinda hooked). I got about 3 hours in and got a primal yangs with 10% dmg, attack speed, dex, rcr, discipline, and I put a gift in it. I don't know if I should touch it or leave it be. Its what I'm wearing on my profile right now.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zala-1160/hero/95858814
oh wow, that thing is beautiful. I'd honestly leave it as is for now. It's perfect that it rolled the IAS right away. If I was going to reroll it though, I'd probably do Dext → Increased Elite Damage.
1560- 1940 Damage
10% Damage
7% Increased Attack Speed
10% Increased Elite Damage
12% max Discipline
Gifted Socket
I'm sure this thread will draw some attention and discussion. I'd hold off until more people input what they think the best rolls are.
The first post makes me wonder if we should start to treat Yangs like rings, meaning roll out the DEX for other stats.

The more paragon we get, the less DEX becomes critical...

Anyone here rolled out DEX from their Yang's?

Aside from rings and amulets, any other armor pieces can/should be rolled without DEX?
11/14/2017 12:03 PMPosted by QBBQ
The first post makes me wonder if we should start to treat Yangs like rings, meaning roll out the DEX for other stats.
Augments and paragon are starting to inflate dext to the point that ANY item that has different possible dmg mod, that isn't dext, should maybe consider swapping dext out for it. That is if their paragon and augments are high enough.

Rings - IAS, AD, Avg Dmg, CDR
Gloves - IAS, AD, CDR
Weapons - IAS, AD, Elite Dmg, LoH even
ect
@TastySouP:

Yup, agreed! I'll start to go to the Mystique to see what other options there are to replace DEX on other piece of gear outside of rings and amulets!
11/14/2017 12:21 PMPosted by QBBQ
@TastySouP:

Yup, agreed! I'll start to go to the Mystique to see what other options there are to replace DEX on other piece of gear outside of rings and amulets!

It's junk.. I'd use it's soul for something better...
The highest possible damage yangs would be primal with Elite % atk speed 10% damage an 12 disc, the elite% is a seperate multipler an we dont have anything else that gives elite % damage besides maybe powerful if you run that. but i feel on 100+ you gonna need stricken for RG or else and killing elites will take to long your buff might fall off. but ofc dex isnt bad untill you get high paragon an this early in season you wont be seeing 20k+ dex anytime soon.

That yangs is perfect, you can choose to roll off dex now an it wont hurt it if you wanna roll it back later. 7% atk speed on wep >1k dex.
11/14/2017 03:12 PMPosted by tassili
The highest possible damage yangs would be primal with Elite % atk speed 10% damage an 12 disc, the elite% is a seperate multipler an we dont have anything else that gives elite % damage besides maybe powerful if you run that.
That was my thoughts as well. Primal yangs get perfect RCR, so they can easily run the 7% IAS without worry. And like you said, the Elite Damage is very hard to obtain for DH's, so I think it'd definitely be worth having over Dext.
I also got one on Saturday and it has 3672.9 Dps and I haven't rerolled anything.

1560-1940 Lightning Damage
+10% Damage
1000 Dexterity
Increase Att Spd 7%
Reduces Resource Cost 50%

+12 Discipline
130% crit damage - I put a socket on it.

Question: I run a cold build so does the Lightning Damage make any difference?
11/14/2017 04:29 PMPosted by Rogue77777
makes 0 difference what so ever. DO NOT reroll the damage range
You can check out my Non-Seasonal DH (Sanguine) for an example of a Yang's.

EDIT: Although I agree that if you can reroll the DEX off, you should do it considering we get DEX from augments and paragon. IAS is ideal but hardly noticeable, and I would recommend getting Elite % dmg instead.
Time to switch to fire ms

11/14/2017 04:29 PMPosted by Rogue77777
I also got one on Saturday and it has 3672.9 Dps and I haven't rerolled anything.

1560-1940 Lightning Damage
+10% Damage
1000 Dexterity
Increase Att Spd 7%
Reduces Resource Cost 50%

+12 Discipline
130% crit damage - I put a socket on it.

Even with 20.000 dex, which is a very high value for most players, 1000 dex are equal to 5% more damage.

As the OP is below Paragon 1000, I would recommend a Yang with
  • Damage (of course)
  • Socket (of course)
  • 1000 Dex
  • 10% Damage
  • 12 Discipline
  • 50% RCR
  • and a variable roll for LoH/IAS/Vit/CDR/RCR/Whatever
  • Above P2000 (or something like that) rerolling Dex may be the best option, but not before.
    Does the fire elemental damage do anything to help our damage with it ? I heard it was there since the legacy D1/D2 days and does nothing for us now. Can someone confirm?
    Mine. Primal
    10%
    Loh
    7ias

I think this works best.
    11/14/2017 08:32 PMPosted by Kevmeister
    You can check out my Non-Seasonal DH (Sanguine) for an example of a Yang's.

EDIT: Although I agree that if you can reroll the DEX off, you should do it considering we get DEX from augments and paragon. IAS is ideal but hardly noticeable, and I would recommend getting Elite % dmg instead.

Sorry but I find it funny that you use Lacuni's Prowlers but call IAS on Yang's "hardly noticeable".