Biggest news since the announcement of D3.

General Discussion
It's finally coming! Appear offline!

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/blizzard/21098852/new-social-features-now-in-beta-in-the-blizzard-battle-net-desktop-app

But unsure if you will still be appearing offline once you join D3.
10/05/2017 07:12 PMPosted by MerLock
After 5 years, 2 weeks and 1 day...

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7315730/appear-offline-option-coming-soon-to-battlenet-9-20-2012
10/05/2017 07:44 PMPosted by Hypersonic
10/05/2017 07:12 PMPosted by MerLock

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7315730/appear-offline-option-coming-soon-to-battlenet-9-20-2012

lol nice find.
The majority of the D3 playerbase, since the game came out, doesn't need this feature to appear offline.
I'll believe it when I see it.
It's called a Friends List......

Not a use me at your convenience list.....

If you can't politely tell your friends you're not interested or busy they are not your friend. You're simply looking to use them when you need them.

Appear offline features are everything that is wrong with our society.
Wow that post from 5 years ago..

really does trademark "soon" by blizzard.
Excellent, and just before 2.6.1. This is my most favoured QoL change eventhough it's not directly about D3. Thank you Blizzard!

Also, thanks for offline messages. One thing that would be nice is "Ruined is typing" if I'm typing for the chat but yeah, this is great enough already.
10/05/2017 08:00 PMPosted by Blitzcano
If you can't politely tell your friends you're not interested or busy they are not your friend. You're simply looking to use them when you need them.

How do you know it's not the other way around where they are the users and we are being used?
10/05/2017 08:00 PMPosted by Blitzcano

Appear offline features are everything that is wrong with our society.

I politely disagree.

I like to be online when I want to push greater grifts with my friends or when I want to simply play and chat with them but some people are just, while good friends, a bit complicated people socially, which makes appear offline mode the most requested feature of recent years.

If I want to play my "always rush to elites" barbarian, I don't want one guy to told me to kill all the mobs as it is not the way the character is meant to be played.

I don't want one guy to join the game just because he's my friend BUT he hates D3 and tells it in every f-cklng turn.

Appear offline is the best Battle.net feature in 2010 decade and it has nothing to do with using friends when we want to. It's about relaxing when we need to. Not everyone here is extrovert, either.

Thanks Blizzard.
Waste of Resources
10/05/2017 07:53 PMPosted by EnkerZan
I'll believe it when I see it.

You can already start using it in beta mode.
10/05/2017 07:44 PMPosted by Hypersonic

If soon is 5 years from announcement to beta, how long will it take to go live?? LOLOLOL
Lol it's way too late. I don't need to appear offline now that none of my friends are playing anymore.
10/05/2017 08:37 PMPosted by Keyblade
Waste of Resources

Considering it was the battle.net team that worked on this feature ... not a waste of resources. There were tons of requests for this feature on the World of Warcraft forums.

Programming in new battle.net features is sort of the battle.net team's job.
Great for boters who do not want to be noticed.
Yay for the useless addition to this game.
All boters community want to say a big "THANK YOU" to Blizzard for this awesome feature, now they can play 24/7 peacefully :D
^Botters have been able to play in private game always, so what do you mean?
Finally we can bot without getting messaged all the time...

/s