Nek The Brawler

Brawling
Poor fellow, is he the most neglected NPC in the history of PC games? A genuine question.

Seriously though, why does he or the dysfunctional Brawler-mode even exist if there is no incentive to make it work, only to mock former Diablo 2 players?
This game is a fvckn let down on so many levels.. that being of my biggest and why I'm not playing Diablo until another is released
That crap only exists probably because blizzard was afraid of being sued by angry poeple for false advertising pvp arenas under the entire fecking beta and let people play test play it and tease..... nothing was given at the actual launch and then this brawling is a fecking disaster everyone including the pvp people want to see gone...... embarrassing really how poor it is.But preaching to the choir mate, half life 3 is more likely to be out tomorrow than blizzard admitting how much they screwed up here and fix the mess, all they care about is wow and wow subs.
11/15/2017 11:21 AMPosted by suicideking
This game is a fvckn let down on so many levels.. that being of my biggest and why I'm not playing Diablo until another is released

See you in many years later...
11/15/2017 11:21 AMPosted by suicideking

Looking at how the gaming industry is trying to shove micro transactions into their games I wouldn't be surprised if and when the next Diablo game comes out you will be singing the praises of D3. Looking at the mess that is Marvel Heroes and the crap patent that Activision applied for regarding skill matching games are becoming time wasting money traps.

As for PvP many of you D2 fans asked for it and got it. I played it a while back when it was first introduced. It is an absolute mess as I can see why it was not available as it was not fun.
Team death match was promoted before the release of D3 but they did not have it ready at launch. They said it would be in the game as soon as it was ready. The game launched with a lot of more pressing problems and nothing happened with pvp for about six months. They then announced that Team Deathmatch mode was not going to be added to the game. A replacement was promised some time in the future free of charge and Brawling was implemented in the meantime.

Brawling was pretty fun in vanilla but it was really just a placeholder system with absolutely no features. RoS launched with a new philosophy and Brawling became so unbalanced it is basically unplayable now. The Team Deathmatch replacement was never spoken of again and no improvements were ever made to brawling. It is just a leftover reminder of broken promises now.
PvP could work but meta behind it is broken because of number inflation we have right now. Anyone can counter anything with wearing the right immunity amulets; equipping one, cubing another. And bleed damage/DoT and effective range really owns anyone because how actually fragile characters can be. A decent character can reach around 150m toughness and the same character also outputs billions of damage. Regarding the pathetic damage mitigation in PvP, damage only reduced by a small percent, fights don't last really long. When that's the case fight ends with first critical hit.

We need an overhaul at the brawl meta. Starting with higher damage mitigation up to 70% or more, immunity breaking skills being implemented and perhaps critical hits being canceled for the sake of equality. After these changes, only we may talk about PvP and PvE builds overall and demand more maps to have some good challenging matches.

I for one, I want different environmental hazards that you can lure enemy players by inflicting crowd control effects on them. A chandelier drop should crush anyone who are frozen beneath them. A fear effect should cause enemy player to run into spike traps. Because that's what spells "fun" for me.
Brawling really was pretty fun in vanilla. You could gear and build specifically for it, and it was somewhat balanced. Fairly similar to a typical free for all pub game in d2.

It's unfortunate that it's been so neglected. You'd need something stupid like a global 99% damage reduction to players in the area just to not get one shot by the damage power creep.
11/16/2017 12:17 AMPosted by DrDront
That crap only exists probably because blizzard was afraid of being sued by angry poeple for false advertising pvp arenas under the entire fecking beta and let people play test play it and tease..... nothing was given at the actual launch and then this brawling is a fecking disaster everyone including the pvp people want to see gone...... embarrassing really how poor it is.But preaching to the choir mate, half life 3 is more likely to be out tomorrow than blizzard admitting how much they screwed up here and fix the mess, all they care about is wow and wow subs.

What now? I don't think blizzard is afraid of that considering they put aerial combat on the WOTLK box and that never existed.
11/16/2017 05:40 PMPosted by Oneup
What now? I don't think blizzard is afraid of that considering they put aerial combat on the WOTLK box and that never existed.

Was that teased for over a year and playable at blizzcon like Diablo 3 arenas?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c2r3ZNNmO8

Probably not.
I mean duels were a big part of Diablo 2s multiplayer success, people put up with endless Baal, diablo and mephisto runs just so they could deck out their pvp characters. Aerial combat on the wotlk box is not comparable.
11/16/2017 11:04 AMPosted by NeueZiel
As for PvP many of you D2 fans asked for it and got it. I played it a while back when it was first introduced. It is an absolute mess as I can see why it was not available as it was not fun.

''We'' asked for PvP that works, like in D2. NOT the silly thing we got.

P.S. Brawler was somewhat fun back in classic, however it was never meant to last due to insane set bonuses and power creep in the reaper of souls expansion.
The question still remains, why keep brawler in the game with no intentions of supporting it. I rather see them remove obsolete things. The corresponding forum section is also a mockery with no reply ever from Blizzard.
11/16/2017 04:28 PMPosted by naksiloth
PvP could work but meta behind it is broken because of number inflation we have right now. Anyone can counter anything with wearing the right immunity amulets; equipping one, cubing another. And bleed damage/DoT and effective range really owns anyone because how actually fragile characters can be. A decent character can reach around 150m toughness and the same character also outputs billions of damage. Regarding the pathetic damage mitigation in PvP, damage only reduced by a small percent, fights don't last really long. When that's the case fight ends with first critical hit.

We need an overhaul at the brawl meta. Starting with higher damage mitigation up to 70% or more, immunity breaking skills being implemented and perhaps critical hits being canceled for the sake of equality. After these changes, only we may talk about PvP and PvE builds overall and demand more maps to have some good challenging matches.

I for one, I want different environmental hazards that you can lure enemy players by inflicting crowd control effects on them. A chandelier drop should crush anyone who are frozen beneath them. A fear effect should cause enemy player to run into spike traps. Because that's what spells "fun" for me.

Agreed, although it would require serious rebalance at this point to make it work.
The fact that you guys thought D2 PvP was something great is equally as comical. Secretly everyone with a brain is laughing at you.