Diablo and BlizzCon 2017

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 13 14 15
Since you all aren't paying any attention to the game anymore, maybe spend some time moderating this forum?
Really hope we see something next year
09/27/2017 10:04 AMPosted by jwmakoto
From all of us here-
I wanted to say thanks for the heads up!
Really looking forward to what's next for the franchise here.
Super excited for patch 2.6.1 as-is.
Thanks again!

You don't speak for me.
thank-you to all of the blizzard team, you people rock best games ever, great team work, thanks for everything keep up the (great work)
I just read all about it after the event, I don't generally worry much about whats coming next year - that much, but am hoping for a Druid pack for the most part and some enhancements to Ashearers Vestments to have all followers follow your character permanently ( good for story mode ) but also okay for adventure mode too and that's about it for now. Will wait till next year to see what unfolds. I'm sure the developers are working hard on some exciting stuff for next year but I can wait till then, upgrade my Paragon points mostly but trying the new Grim Dawn expansion for now, so many different combinations, Great fun. Battlemage / Druid / Deceiver and Apostate to name a few, awesome.
So, nothing new again...?
*sigh*
I'll go back to PoE and wait for next year, just like all those years before.
Sry, but it's just annoying, everyone is waiting for YEARS now, and all we got was some lazy "recreation" (which was basically just yet another rift)and a necromancer, which you have to pay for. I'm giving up hope here, and that comes from someone who played Diablo since the first game came out.
Now come, fanboys, and downvote me into oblivion.
10/31/2017 08:28 AMPosted by Houle
*sigh*
Sry, but it's just annoying, everyone is waiting for YEARS now, and all we got was some lazy "recreation" (which was basically just yet another rift)and a necromancer, which you have to pay for. I'm giving up hope here, and that comes from someone who played Diablo since the first game came out.

They posted this on September 27th, you post to flame it over a month later?

Something tells me you wouldn't have any idea even if they did add something to the game....
11/01/2017 04:29 PMPosted by Demonmonger
*sigh*

Something tells me you wouldn't have any idea even if they did add something to the game....

They added nothing and they willl add nothing. No lootboxes to get everyones money in D3 so lets kill it.
I'm not disappointed because I learned from last years.

See you guys on the Path.

:)
11/02/2017 08:10 AMPosted by Thax

They added nothing and they willl add nothing. No lootboxes to get everyones money in D3 so lets kill it.

I think that's the problem with Diablo and Blizz. Diablo fans are mostly grown-up players who can't be fooled so easily with lootboxes to spend tons of cash on that.

So until Blizz can find a way to squeeze our wallets using this "business model", sadly they'll give us nothing.
11/01/2017 04:29 PMPosted by Demonmonger
*sigh*

Lol, someone is mad that i dared to say something against his idols lol. Get over it, this is dissapointing. And yeah i`m late, they did nothing interesting with Diablo for so long that i forgot to check the forums. Sorry not Sorry.
Thank you all, in the past wrote some feedback about what I think about diablo 3 since it was released, and I have to say it wasn't happy feedback, but I've recently found myself playing for complete DAYS with little rest, the game has improved a lot in many awesome ways.
You have done a wonderful job.
I can't wait to see some new stuff, buy I have no problem to wait a bit longer for big and great changes.

And to the haters: If you don't like the game and you paid for it... shame on you.. go play something else, you are not forced to play the game, as they are not forced to make the game the way you think it should be, there is a lot of people that like it the way it is.. why is people wasting time to write hateful coments?
It's sad that one of their flagship franchises is now the redheaded stepchild of the company.

Unfortunately, A.) all of the devlopers who worked on and loved Diablo and Diablo II are long gone, and B.) Activision only cares about games they can monetize.

Small consolation, but between Path of Exile and Grim Dawn there are at least a few good spiritual successors to the best game in the genre.

I thought we'd at least get an announcement for a remastered D2 like they did with Starcraft :(
09/27/2017 10:04 AMPosted by jwmakoto
From all of us here-
I wanted to say thanks for the heads up!
Really looking forward to what's next for the franchise here.
Super excited for patch 2.6.1 as-is.
Thanks again!

Please don’t speak for me.

I don’t care for the Star Craft, Warcraft, Hearthstone franchises thus Blizcon seems a total letdown. I and sure many others feel that Diablo has always been the black sheep in the family and not a cash cow like WoW. And for that reason Diablo is always being swept under a rug. It’s no secret that to many Diablo 3 has become stale, boring, pointless to play and a huge let down from day one riding on the heels of the greatest ARPG of all time D2. It would have been nice to confirm deny any plans of a D2 HD remake to satisfy us fans who want a true Diablo experience. Others might want a D4 update but again for many you have lost our devotion and will think twice before buying blindly like we did with D3.

Blizcon 2017 two thumbs down
back to POE!
Great to hear, thanks!

11/03/2017 09:24 PMPosted by Abraxas
It's sad that one of their flagship franchises is now the redheaded stepchild of the company.

Unfortunately, A.) all of the devlopers who worked on and loved Diablo and Diablo II are long gone, and B.) Activision only cares about games they can monetize.

Small consolation, but between Path of Exile and Grim Dawn there are at least a few good spiritual successors to the best game in the genre.

I thought we'd at least get an announcement for a remastered D2 like they did with Starcraft :(

PoE is D2 remastered AND improved. Why would they waste time on something like that at this point? Blizzard didn't make it the redheaded stepchild. The D2 fans did. Blizzard just took the game in a different direction, and people didn't like it. And lets stop with the mythos that the Diablo 2 developers were the best ever. It was more about the market and the time period when that game came out. Not that they were game design geniuses. If you followed their history, it's quite clear that everything they touched just didn't turn to gold.
11/04/2017 09:00 AMPosted by mrwakeup
back to POE!

Back to Grim Dawn but to each his own at least we found a diablo 2 successor to our belief of what diablo 3 should have been.
09/27/2017 10:01 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Hey everyone,

BlizzCon draws near, and we wanted to give you an update about Diablo’s presence at the show. Last year at BlizzCon, we kicked off Diablo’s 20th anniversary by announcing the old-school cathedral dungeon (if you missed that the first time around, it’s coming back in January) and unveiling Rise of the Necromancer. This year, we want to give you a heads-up that while Diablo will be on the show floor, we won’t be making any new Diablo announcements. There will be a time for that at some point in the future, but that time is not now.

However, in addition to the special BlizzCon Diablo III in-game reward, we’ll also have Diablo panels for attendees and Virtual Ticket holders, and, as always, we look forward to a weekend filled with fun and revelry with the heroes who call Sanctuary home.

Patch 2.6.1 is on the horizon. Looking beyond that, we’re hard at work on the future of Diablo and exploring what’s next for the franchise. Please be patient. Our passion for Sanctuary burns as bright as the High Heavens and as hot as the Burning Hells—and we’re excited to hunker down and get working!

Until next time,
The Diablo Development Team
Had a blast at Blizzcon, even though no one will spill anything. They all wanted us to know that Blizzard loves Diablo and will live on for many years to come. Just not ready to announce anything yet. I'm happy to have a game company that is willing to take there time instead of putting out crap, and trying to fix it later!!!!