Stress free mode?

General Discussion
Hi!

I don't know but the feeling I get when I go to multiplayer games is that you have to do everything MEGA ULTRA FAST. (open game, go to T13, join a public rift/bounty game, see how DHs and Wizs kill everything, specially in regular rifts)

That kills the fun for some of the players.

I understand that there's a time limit in GRs and Challenge Rifts...

Could we also have some kind of challenges that don't involve being nuts fast?

Some ideas?

- Finding an specific item across the world, maybe finding some hints to get there, great rewards (maybe available after GR70 and getting a guaranteed random primal ancient?) Something like a 5/7 points quest A->B->C->D->E->F->G This should have at least GR70 difficulty

Does anyone agree?
Stop being a driveling follower and play however you want with yourself.

You don't need some crap mode of the game to force you to do what you can now.

God what a waste of dev time you are asking for.
You don't need a specific mode created when the solution actually exists. Find some like minded players through communities, clans, or even pub games. Add them to friends list. Play with them.
Well, thanks for the warm welcome you all.

I do find the "hunt the rainbow goblin" kind of games cool, you go at your own pace killing monsters and getting (sometimes) good loot. Then if you are lucky the goblin appears, you shout in the cosmetics community "hey! I've found the rainbow goblin!" and then the fun stops when 3 players join to skip the damn whimsydale completely looking for the princess to get the wings and leave. All you can do is pick up the loot they left behind for you :-/
10/11/2017 03:29 PMPosted by TifaAiur
you sound like a lil btch

I am <3
Well not a stress free mode in the actual game but a personal stress free mode for yourself....if you want to call it your own stress free mode than yes.

But I do occasionally do things that a less stress related things like farming rainbow goblins than trying to push GR80+ or something that feels rushed or time based.

I get it, I know how you feel as some games these days have time limits and doing everything fast to get one achievement and yet sometimes you just want to sit back and relax and enjoy the experience of the game and absorb it all.
So yeah why does everything have to be fast and within a time limit just to enjoy something.

I suggest play other games where time or speed isn't a factor but more focused on strategy and more time to think of your actions of how to proceed.
That's why I like Assassin's Creed games (but without the time limit missions) as you get more strategy and time to think and plan your actions on stealthy missions.
As a matter of fact play any Stealth game is probably the best in this situation and its more think, plan then act.
But unfortunately D3 isn't really the sort game where you can do this.

The only thing you can do in D3 is just general bounty farming where you can take your time.
Or just goblin farming as that is fun and doesn't involve speed or time.

Right the moment I'm playing Necro for the first time and trying to get the second Necro wings achievement...but in this case speed and time isn't a factor as its more absorbing the feel of the Necro skills and trying Necro out for the first time.

Sometimes playing around with different builds is a stress free game play as you want to experiment with different builds that could may be potential future builds that could be powerful in future patches as you never know what's in plans for the future of this game.
My advice is roll a DH or Wiz. When I play those classes in t13 I can just hang out and watch Netflix on my laptop next to my gaming rig.

In GRs above 80 I actually have to try hard. LoL. If I'm solo pushing my personal best, Netflix is not allowed!
Play solo or with friends who go at your pace! Public games are all about efficiency not having fun.

There are also tons of fun things to farm and hunt in game! Here is a list of the Cosmetics you might enjoy searching for either solo or with friends. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20744844485
10/11/2017 04:10 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Play solo or with friends who go at your pace! Public games are all about efficiency not having fun.

There are also tons of fun things to farm and hunt in game! Here is a list of the Cosmetics you might enjoy searching for either solo or with friends. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20744844485

Yep, I take part in some of those communities and also have all the cosmetics listed there :B

I was proposing some kind of "official" game mode not about efficiency/speed, with rewards.
10/11/2017 04:37 PMPosted by Naoki
I was proposing some kind of "official" game mode not about efficiency/speed, with rewards.

I am not sure you are going to get that. Most gaming folks are all about making it go as fast/efficiently as possible and they really enjoy finding ways to do that. Not sure you can overcome that culture/mindset.
10/11/2017 04:40 PMPosted by MissCheetah
10/11/2017 04:37 PMPosted by Naoki

I am not sure you are going to get that. Most gaming folks are all about making it go as fast/efficiently as possible and they really enjoy finding ways to do that. Not sure you can overcome that culture/mindset.

Yeah, well, just raising my voice, not to force anyone to play that way, but to co-exist with the rifts/grifts/bounties/challenge rifts. Some kind of slow games with a big reward at the end.
10/11/2017 04:44 PMPosted by Naoki
Some kind of slow games with a big reward at the end.

I'm not sure D3 is that type of game though.
I've played other games that are big and slow and get good rewards the more time you put in the game.
But yeah the more you grind D3 the more better gear you get...so no doubt about that...but to be stress free as well...I don't know.

But also you say reward at the end...well in this game there really is no end game per say...other than probably getting a character getting all equipped with Primal Ancient gear and having augmented all there gear with 100+ leg gems...so yeah that can be some ones ultimate goal...but that will take a long time.
Yeah, well, just raising my voice, not to force anyone to play that way, but to co-exist with the rifts/grifts/bounties/challenge rifts. Some kind of slow games with a big reward at the end.

Masked Reaper is right, this game in particular is not the style game that goes "slowly". Maybe an MMO with extended quest chains would be more your style? WoW usually goes on sale super cheap around Xmas so you can get the base game and all the expansions except the current one for like $5. You would only have to pay for the Legion expansion and game time after the first free month is up. Something to try out for the $5 initial month maybe.
10/11/2017 05:04 PMPosted by MissCheetah

Masked Reaper is right, this game in particular is not the style game that goes "slowly". Maybe an MMO with extended quest chains would be more your style? WoW usually goes on sale super cheap around Xmas so you can get the base game and all the expansions except the current one for like $5. You would only have to pay for the Legion expansion and game time after the first free month is up. Something to try out for the $5 initial month maybe.

Yeah so if Diablo 3 had garunteed primals in the form of a long quest, it would probably be like how in WOW they released like 20 minutes worth of content every week for 11 weeks to complete the campaign.

Yeah though I do agree with OP. More content is always fun! One free primal would be fun!

I need to get my DH back on the leader boards soon, then I might have some time to farm for cosmic wings. I have the rainbow portrait, but the cosmic wings are hiding.

As for my own idea, hmm let's see....

I can't think of anything.
Slow game is at public GR around 80ish. Normal rift and bounty are trivial content that most vet just wanna rush through. There are lower difficulty for new player to chills but unfortunely for them, not enough new player population to sustain the lower difficulty. Part of the reason also because the game has became like a fast food chain, it's very easy to get to the part where you can do T10 with little effort.
Hi!

when I go to multiplayer games

There's your problem.

DON'T go to multiplayer games.

Problem solved.
Wife and I enjoy playing at our pace. When friends or Clan members wish to join us we are up front about what we are looking to do that session. We have a lot of fun playing since we don't feel pressured to push taxing content (for us) when we just wish to relax and play a bit.

Playing in the manner that we do requires that you simply accept that GR-80 with friends might just be your cap and duo 65-75 is the comfort zone. The idea for us (older folks 52-57) is to simply play to enjoy the game and ignore the push to reach the top.

Same goes with builds. I'm sure that certain builds that people use to get to the top work better than our favorite class builds. We use some that are less keyboard intensive for farming T-10 and T-11 content, just for that purpose. Run a Bone Armor Build on my Necromancer and a Whirling Wind build on her Monk and it's easy going with little button mashing and stress.

We also enjoy playing WoW at our own pace. So long as one accepts their limitations based on how they enjoy playing, just about any game can be relaxing. It's when players start expecting the rewards of a more casual playstyle to equal the rewards of a more taxing playstyle that people tend to somehow feel cheated. The real and lasting reward of gaming is feeling entertained and looking forward to the next session. Other than that, it's just pixels on a screen.
10/11/2017 04:10 PMPosted by MissCheetah

online multiplayer game is not for having fun?? then , why there is no offline mode . ridiculous .
well. I agreed am play Racing game instead of ARPG , btw too much kids in the game . d3 story end.