Stress free mode?

General Discussion
10/11/2017 08:49 PMPosted by JedN7
Hi!

when I go to multiplayer games

There's your problem.

DON'T go to multiplayer games.

Problem solved.

What's Diablo without coops? It's like single player game without any store line where you grind the same game mode over and over again for that one item that increase your character power by 1%. Yea, so excited.
10/11/2017 04:10 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Public games are all about efficiency not having fun.

[/quote]

OMG that is so true and correct!

But uh don't you see a problem with that???
10/11/2017 04:40 PMPosted by MissCheetah
10/11/2017 04:37 PMPosted by Naoki
I was proposing some kind of "official" game mode not about efficiency/speed, with rewards.

I am not sure you are going to get that. Most gaming folks are all about making it go as fast/efficiently as possible and they really enjoy finding ways to do that. Not sure you can overcome that culture/mindset.

I don't believe that YOU do or can speak for "most gaming folks"!
10/11/2017 05:04 PMPosted by MissCheetah
10/11/2017 04:44 PMPosted by Naoki
Yeah, well, just raising my voice, not to force anyone to play that way, but to co-exist with the rifts/grifts/bounties/challenge rifts. Some kind of slow games with a big reward at the end.

Masked Reaper is right, this game in particular is not the style game that goes "slowly". Maybe an MMO with extended quest chains would be more your style? WoW usually goes on sale super cheap around Xmas so you can get the base game and all the expansions except the current one for like $5. You would only have to pay for the Legion expansion and game time after the first free month is up. Something to try out for the $5 initial month maybe.

But a diablo game and/or an arpg SHOULD be that type of game.
At least in part.
Such as in D2, complete all 3 difficulties at your own pace and get rewarded with UBERS and a torch. etc.
No MMO needed!

There's your problem.

Problem solved.

What's Diablo without coops?

A pain-free experience.

You don't have to wait on stupid people to be ready to do something, no griefing/trolling, no pointless kicking, no carrying useless people.......want me to keep going?

I play whenever I want, whatever I want, HOWever I want.
10/11/2017 10:13 PMPosted by sheltem
10/11/2017 04:10 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Public games are all about efficiency not having fun.

[/quote]

OMG that is so true and correct!

But uh don't you see a problem with that???

The players do that to themselves. For some people it's a compulsion to take the most efficient route.
Hi!

when I go to multiplayer games

There's your problem.

Problem solved.
Solo = stress free
One way to deal with that is the 'lazy' way.

There is actually a lazy build in the Necro forum which allows you to play with minimal button mashing.

But more generally it's the 'lazy' attitude - as long as you are geared and built correctly, you are doing your share of the damage, just go along with the flow. No matter if a 3k para player is pushing ahead or someone is spamming in geom non-stop.

Do your part, go with the flow, play lazy, and enjoy the game.

There's your problem.

Problem solved.
Solo = stress free

Exactly. Reminds me of this guy that asked me for help powerlevelling him on a different account. I was around 900p at the time (now ~1000). We were farming on T13 but he incessantly complained about being unable to kill anything.

Yet he had intentionally equipped 4/6 of a set that empowered a couple skills, he was a Crusader iirc....yet he wasn't using any of the skills that his set empowered.....and he still complained about not being able to kill anything. He claimed he was farming for the last 2 remaining pieces (he didn't have a RRoG). And I'm like "why aren't you using the skills for the 4piece bonus you ALREADY have??"

This went on for 2 days, and at the end of the second day he just trashed the whole set. I was done with him instantly at that moment, never played with him again and removed him from the friends list of both D3 and Bnet app. Wasting 2 days of my life on a total moron. !@#$ that.

Never powerlevelled anyone again and have stuck 100% solo since.
A greater rift with no timmer ... But only 1 live, If you die you're kicked out of the Greater rift until the next one ;)
10/12/2017 01:54 AMPosted by Kenpachi
A greater rift with no timmer ... But only 1 live, If you die you're kicked out of the Greater rift until the next one ;)

You'd still want a timer.
You do not want people taking 3hrs to clear a GR.
Maybe a timer for "next kill"...
10/11/2017 04:40 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Most gaming folks are all about making it go as fast/efficiently as possible and they really enjoy finding ways to do that. Not sure you can overcome that culture/mindset.
There would be no need to overcome that actually if the game is designed properly. The D3 community is already split at season and non-season. The devs should use that and make seasons a place where efficiency is less important than fun. Or said in a more exact way - put caps on main stat and gems on seasons. This way it will be more about fun than grind.

But anyway we know that D3 is pretty much done in terms of development so its best the people find ways to adjust. They can try joining public games and communities to find people that play purely for fun. From then on form a group and enjoy the game together. D3 is pretty much a gem for the casual players if they can somehow find proper groups and friends.
As others have mentioned, either solo or with real life friends is the most stress free and play at your own pace type of game. Public games (rift\greater rift)are almost always a race to the Rift Guardian and will most likely always be this mode of play.

This:
10/12/2017 04:33 AMPosted by Skelos
D3 is pretty much a gem for the casual players if they can somehow find proper groups and friends.
Pretty much what everyone else has said. Public games are almost always going to wind up being all about speed and the end result.... pretty much ignoring any "fun" component that you'd be experiencing along the way.

Play solo or group with friends (RL ones or join a like-minded clan).

The real problem is that once you've beaten the game in story mode, the content is mostly done with. Not saying that as a knock against the game. It's just the way it is. You've beaten the story... and are now moving on to grinding of one sort or another.

If it's the story and adventure that you crave, I'd suggest Elder Scrolls Online. It's Skyrim... with other people playing. WoW may be a much better end-game product, but the sheer beauty of the Skyrim world is amazing. Oh yeah, and it's free to play (though of course you can dump money into it if you want to).

Actually, I'd suggest pretty much any MMO. There's some great ones out there and lots of adventure and exploring to be had.
find friends to play with or play solo
I go to public when I look for efficiency, more GR exp and fast bounty
If you want stress free, just solo T1 with whatever build make you happy.
10/11/2017 02:45 PMPosted by Naoki
Hi!

I don't know but the feeling I get when I go to multiplayer games is that you have to do everything MEGA ULTRA FAST. (open game, go to T13, join a public rift/bounty game, see how DHs and Wizs kill everything, specially in regular rifts)

That kills the fun for some of the players.

I understand that there's a time limit in GRs and Challenge Rifts...

Could we also have some kind of challenges that don't involve being nuts fast?

Some ideas?

- Finding an specific item across the world, maybe finding some hints to get there, great rewards (maybe available after GR70 and getting a guaranteed random primal ancient?) Something like a 5/7 points quest A->B->C->D->E->F->G This should have at least GR70 difficulty

Does anyone agree?

All these posts loose me at.... "And then give something awesome for doing nothing"

If the quest chain is....
A) clear 500 greater rifts lvl 65 and over..

Sure have a random primal.

But run to a chest somewhere and wait for the timer to run out. Port home....no!

Pls stop begging for easy alternative ways to win.
And if you are slow, it's your issue and the unfortunate people in your group. It's not an issue the dev team or community needs to address.

You need to be faster....

God people like this got peanut butter banned from schools.
10/12/2017 02:06 PMPosted by Jitter
10/11/2017 02:45 PMPosted by Naoki
Hi!

I don't know but the feeling I get when I go to multiplayer games is that you have to do everything MEGA ULTRA FAST. (open game, go to T13, join a public rift/bounty game, see how DHs and Wizs kill everything, specially in regular rifts)

That kills the fun for some of the players.

I understand that there's a time limit in GRs and Challenge Rifts...

Could we also have some kind of challenges that don't involve being nuts fast?

Some ideas?

- Finding an specific item across the world, maybe finding some hints to get there, great rewards (maybe available after GR70 and getting a guaranteed random primal ancient?) Something like a 5/7 points quest A->B->C->D->E->F->G This should have at least GR70 difficulty

Does anyone agree?

All these posts loose me at.... "And then give something awesome for doing nothing"

If the quest chain is....
A) clear 500 greater rifts lvl 65 and over..

Sure have a random primal.

But run to a chest somewhere and wait for the timer to run out. Port home....no!

Pls stop begging for easy alternative ways to win.
And if you are slow, it's your issue and the unfortunate people in your group. It's not an issue the dev team or community needs to address.

You need to be faster....

God people like this got peanut butter banned from schools.

I'm proposing an alternate way to play the game without the need ro RUSH TROUGH EVERYTHING.

Yeah, we could call it "Greater Bounties" if you will, and then a long quest chain with a big loot at the end. Maybe guaranteed primal is asking too much, but a higher % chance to get a Primal.

We could even have them so when you enter one of these games you get assigned some quests for you alone and some to do with the whole group.
I have never joined one for this reason, I really should look for a clan or something, everything I have read seems to point to better results, but I do hate drama...

I'm proposing an alternate way to play the game without the need ro RUSH TROUGH EVERYTHING.

Yeah, we could call it "Greater Bounties" if you will, and then a long quest chain with a big loot at the end. Maybe guaranteed primal is asking too much, but a higher % chance to get a Primal.

We could even have them so when you enter one of these games you get assigned some quests for you alone and some to do with the whole group.

A long quest chain wouldn't change anything. Players would still find the most efficient and fastest builds with which which to complete theme.

Stress free mode for me is soloing GR 75-80 or running the same with some good friends. Timers aren't an issue because we usually finish the GR in about 7 minutes so we just ignore it.
10/12/2017 01:54 AMPosted by Kenpachi

Sounds like PoE's Labyrinth.