Nats set is the worst gifted season set

Demon Hunter
Hands down utter garbage. Every other set is more friendly for early season... RoV does crap damage .. doing better running around with a FOK dagger
ya thats nats fok if you have the dagger.

however, one must realize that nats buffs All your damage with the n6 set bonus.
its a good set to start with if you want the early season experience with any skill setup you want minus 1 slot going to rain of vengeance.

also n6m4 is a top end solo build, as is natsFoK. dh has like 7 or 8 builds capable of gr100+ and nats provides 2 already.

as soon as i got my nats 6set i was able to do t6, as soon as i got greenstone's fok dagger, i could do t10. when i got yangs/dml even with bad rolls i could full clear rather than just FoK and slow clear with a nats multishot setup in t10.

it was very easy progression in 10 hrs playtime, then i found other pieces and now im running ue ms speed setup until i get my m6 ms and n6m4 push options going.
11/10/2017 04:25 PMPosted by xyan
ya thats nats fok if you have the dagger.

however, one must realize that nats buffs All your damage with the n6 set bonus.
its a good set to start with if you want the early season experience with any skill setup you want minus 1 slot going to rain of vengeance.

also n6m4 is a top end solo build, as is natsFoK. dh has like 7 or 8 builds capable of gr100+ and nats provides 2 already.

as soon as i got my nats 6set i was able to do t6, as soon as i got greenstone's fok dagger, i could do t10. when i got yangs/dml even with bad rolls i could full clear rather than just FoK and slow clear with a nats multishot setup in t10.

it was very easy progression in 10 hrs playtime, then i found other pieces and now im running ue ms speed setup until i get my m6 ms and n6m4 push options going.

I have been playing season too, just got N6M4 going without Travelers Pledge or Rucksack and it rips through stuff, instant T13.
]

I have been playing season too, just got N6M4 going without Travelers Pledge or Rucksack and it rips through stuff, instant T13.

im missing manticore or i would be too. i assume t13 farm setup would be hellfire or any gold% amy, and zodiac for sentries cd resets? not much else you can do item wise besides belt/bracer for usual goldwrap/warsechian/nems options. and of course passives for movespeed would be good.

on the original topic, nats is good starting set but too many ppl judge it before really exploring their options or looking up what can be made good with it
11/10/2017 05:14 PMPosted by xyan
]

im missing manticore or i would be too. i assume t13 farm setup would be hellfire or any gold% amy, and zodiac for sentries cd resets? not much else you can do item wise besides belt/bracer for usual goldwrap/warsechian/nems options. and of course passives for movespeed would be good.

on the original topic, nats is good starting set but too many ppl judge it before really exploring their options or looking up what can be made good with it

Try Karlei's point in cube and go lightning rune. It works well until you get Manticore.
It feels terrible on the 4piece. Like bad. Struggling to get the 6p quests done. I'm sure the OP made the post when he was trying to do torment 4 stuff in 4pc and random rares. Feels like a joke at that point.

However, once you get 6pc its pretty good then. I felt the same way as he did on 4pc last night but got 6 today and its night and day. I really like the playstyle now that I got 6pieces. I was cussing that 4pc all day at work.
11/10/2017 06:30 PMPosted by DynomiteDave
It feels terrible on the 4piece. Like bad. Struggling to get the 6p quests done. I'm sure the OP made the post when he was trying to do torment 4 stuff in 4pc and random rares. Feels like a joke at that point.

However, once you get 6pc its pretty good then. I felt the same way as he did on 4pc last night but got 6 today and its night and day. I really like the playstyle now that I got 6pieces. I was cussing that 4pc all day at work.

Yeah I did, but then I just grinded it out and got impale set and was in the top 50 solo dh early this afternoon. Dropped a bit since then because I can't get a CoE if my life depended on it. I just enjoy impale way more.
11/10/2017 06:07 PMPosted by dmkt
Try Karlei's point in cube and go lightning rune. It works well until you get Manticore.

Yes, it works, but imho no comparision to Manticore. I had to use it as well for quite some time, but it wasn't fun. I've found an ancient Calamity, 2 ancient Burizas and many other ancient weapons before I got my first Manticore.

On topic, I agree that N4 is quite weak as a set bonus. But I got a RoRG in my first bounty cache, and found 3 Marauder items, so I did the chapter 4 with N4/M4. :)
Who cares it's free. just run MS 6pc nat farm your shadow+UE and be done with it.
The problem with nats is that the set's intended use is still crap. RoV and strafe plain suck. The only way to make that set viable is to use LGF fok and hellcat, basically using the set bonus as an improved LoN.

Gr20 is ez mode dude. Its all about reforging gear. I went from 200k sheet dmg to 550k just by reforging and thats only paragon 70
11/11/2017 05:00 PMPosted by Intenzity
basically using the set bonus as an improved LoN.

Lol, thats exactly like I see my current build hahahaha, I am using hellcat + Fok, wish you could push with a nat build that doesnt need FoK and focuses on strafe and RoV to do the damage, o well, its a free set and so far it does the job until I find gear for other builds, currently I can easily handle T13 so cant complain.
Free souls for me, that's what S12's Haedrig is to me. I quickly geared up for UE MS instead, but having a bad time finding good rolls.
All DH sets are pretty decent early on, because you can easily cube LGF and then you are fine, even if 2 or 4 set bonus grants no damage. N6 has 7 pieces so it gives good options early on. Nat Slayer alsways rolls decent with +%damage.
Just cube LGF and you can jump up very high.

It feels terrible on the 4piece. Like bad. Struggling to get the 6p quests done.

There are 7 pieces + RorG. And you don't need any set or legendary at all for GR 20. Cube LGF (1-2 upgrade daggers) and you'll destroy GR 20.

LGF with FoK does 400% x 1600% x 30sec damage. Insane. Run to elites - boom.
After that you are very flexible and don't have to rely on a key item like Yang.
2 good belts (crushing rain, hellcats), all weapons and quivers work - be it dualwield or Bow/Xbow and with 7 pieces + Rorg you can use Cindercoat, Magefist, Frostburns and so on. Plus you are very flexible on element choices. All RoV runes work somehow. Just use what suits you early on.

Shadow is obviously the best starter set (maybe of all classes) because of set 2 bonus. But I don't think there is anything wrong with Nat as a starter set. You can run t8+ in no time and then you'll get the other stuff and sets fast. UE without Yang will suck way more for instance.

What eats time is are the necessary mats and that you have to level up the GRs slowly when doing it solo. Not the starter set IMO. 1-70 is slow with DH. At 70 DH is pretty fast because OP LGF.
u'll find ue set very fast
11/11/2017 09:57 AMPosted by Desalien
Who cares it's free. just run MS 6pc nat farm your shadow+UE and be done with it.

This is what i did lol, got a yangs + dml and ran nats damage buff till i got ue.
You don't like Nat+Danetta speed farm? I think it's the best, lol...check out my build if you're confused. Feel free to swap in Strongarm bracer and wolf companion if you need more damage.
11/14/2017 09:15 AMPosted by SuperCuddles
You don't like Nat+Danetta speed farm? I think it's the best, lol...check out my build if you're confused. Feel free to swap in Strongarm bracer and wolf companion if you need more damage.

I guess that's Cynthia? https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SuperCuddles-11193/hero/95507244

Interesting build, hadn't thought of using Danetta's with Nats. Can I ask why Pain Enhancer and Mirinae?
11/14/2017 09:15 AMPosted by SuperCuddles
You don't like Nat+Danetta speed farm? I think it's the best

Interesting, I always wanted to make a dannetta pin ball build, but was not successful, does your build do enough damage to speed farm T13?, its actually a good idea what you got there, i might give it a try just for the pure fun of it :)
Yeah early season was a bit of a slog due to the set bonus being complete crap, but you can easily fill out the other sets and it'll be a distant memory by paragon 200.

I recommend going for N6/m4 early on. Was using M6 cluster with an ancient manticore and i went from doing gr 60 barely to gr 85+ switching to hybrid. Huge, i mean huge power bump. It's bonkers early season.