[Guide] 2.61 IK HoTA - Istvans Build

Barbarian
Prev 1 3 4 5 50 Next
That’s a damn shame. Oh well. At least we have a reason to not use the furnace in the cube in some builds now.
10/31/2017 02:07 PMPosted by Heimdall
I feel rusty AF and still I did 103gr on IK HoTA first try.

10/31/2017 03:25 PMPosted by Blackarrows
10/31/2017 03:06 PMPosted by soulreaver
103 solo as paragon 880? what ?

Pretty sure he is referring to his EU acct.
https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Heimdall-21823/hero/29277517

10/31/2017 07:25 AMPosted by Vael
Here's a GR100 clear with 9k STR (paragon 800 simulated), ok gear, no primal/augments, normal ok jewelry, 97 BotT / 75 BotS / 73PE.

From heaven to hell and back again.
10/29/2017 08:15 PMPosted by S4v4G3

- If you are using PE as your gem, getting 7% IAS rolls on Istvans will provide you with “scaling” with density, because (very simplified for clarity) formula for your attack speed is

Weapon attack speed x (1+ all sources of additive attack speed) x 1.5 (BoTFM 50% modifier)

So rolling 7%IAS on Istvans will increase their base attack speed from 1.4 to 1.5 making any value inside additive bracket (like 3% for every bleeding enemy form PE) more effective.

S4v4G3, sorry if I missed it in the guide but do we roll IAS anywhere if we are using Bane of the Powerful? You covered only the case with the PE I think. I do not like fishing that much and will play with Bane of the Trapped, Bane of the Stricken and Bane of the Powerful for more consistency. Thank you for the great guide.
10/31/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Marzbarz
How unoptimal is using GoJ over Istavans

Best way, equip it and furnace in cube and go out and just see how ssslllloooowww it hits.
It will not heal, hit or burst damage the loss of 130 crit, +stats lost, nearly fast enough.
Even any 2-1 hd weapons would be better than using gavel, and that's really a shame to design weapons for a skill they perform poorly using.

O' God, DieHard was right all along?

https://i.imgur.com/4hQbbfs.gif
Morning everyone, very busy lately but I'm working my behind off to make everything as complete as possible, I've ran into some inconsistency last night when I was working on attack speed part of the guide, hence slight delay, it should be all updated tonight.

@ UFC

Hey there, we did a bit of brainstorming with Tom and Tensor on that part (attack speed, PE and powerful) last night, you can find it in this thread:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759180790?page=1#post-1

In short - I will cover this up in full in main op tonight - if you are using powerful, 2x7% IAS on weapons do give you next BP, so this is pretty valuable roll, but for next BP you would need to get 2 more 7% ASI on gear somewhere, which for Powerful certainly is an option as it doesn't have any scaling with density like PE variant. Doing so will result in pretty significant boost to your damage, rough numbers (credit to Tensor, my fellow math nerd from home country:)) are about:

7.7% single target damage
7.7% bloodshed damage (this will be a wash if you will drop 20% AD for 7% ASI)
7.7% Area Damage
7.7% more healing due to higher amount of hits (LpFS or lph, whichever you use)

For PE variant optimizing for single target don't make much sense (for solo) because benefits of having 14% attack speed in density will not be that static and will be washed out since we get 15% from as little as 5 bleeding targets. In other words, 2x 7% ASI on gear (outside of 2x7% IAS on weapons which is pretty much mandatory) for PE variant will give you extra damage for RG alone (if it has no adds) but in the rift you may not be hitting higher BP, since it will depend on amount of targets you have.
lol this is pretty much same build i used and i havent been online for over a year..

just saw the 2.6.1 patch notes and pretty much all my items got a huge damage increase WTF

i might have to install d3 again -.-
One quick note for those using Bane of powerful over PE, having just 7% IAS rolls on your weapons (and nowhere else) will put you 0.2% IAS from the next breakpoint, requiring you to use the enchantress focus mind skill to hit the 14 FPA breakpoint (if you do not want to roll IAS anywhere else)
11/01/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Enexa
One quick note for those using Bane of powerful over PE, having just 7% IAS rolls on your weapons (and nowhere else) will put you 0.2% IAS from the next breakpoint, requiring you to use the enchantress focus mind skill to hit the 14 FPA breakpoint.

Yes, it's how I calculated it last night, details will be in main op, above post was just "general" info.
11/01/2017 06:02 AMPosted by S4v4G3
In other words, 2x 7% ASI on gear (outside of 2x7% IAS on weapons which is pretty much mandatory)

Is it though? Like you said with PE IAS is constantly in flux so striving for breakpoints isn't ideal.
I have played with PE/enchantress buffs/etc. a lot and when comparing 10% dmg (on well rolled ancient) and 7% IAS, they're almost always equal. In fact 10% is slightly better in lower density.
IAS overtakes at like 20-ish PE stacks, so you're right that for ultra high density Rift pushing its indeed better. But I wouldn't call it mandatory.

Speaking about IAS and followers, what is the recommended follower? I was thinking about templar, but the erosion+3% ias on enchantress seems tasty. A blind sword would also be nice for a non cc build. Do we need the 10% generation?
One quick note for those using Bane of powerful over PE, having just 7% IAS rolls on your weapons (and nowhere else) will put you 0.2% IAS from the next breakpoint, requiring you to use the enchantress focus mind skill to hit the 14 FPA breakpoint.

Yes, it's how I calculated it last night, details will be in main op, above post was just "general" info.

Omg, so it's getting more complicated :D. Just to clarify - it means that if you want to use the Templar as a follower, you will be better to not have IAS and go for the %dmg/AD on the weapons?
11/01/2017 10:35 AMPosted by UFC

Omg, so it's getting more complicated :D. Just to clarify - it means that if you want to use the Templar as a follower, you will be better to not have IAS and go for the %dmg/AD on the weapons?

Yes, I personally roll with 8% elite dmg on my weapons because I prefer the 16% elite dmg over 10% damage to all enemies

Having the two IAS rolls on your weapons will essentially be wasted slots if you don’t hit the breakpoint
I'm in the process of trying to gear up to try out the IK HOTA build as I was able to pick up some really nice Istvan's Blades...or I thought they were nice until I realized that AD is just as critical as IAS on the weapon.

Little Rogue
DPS: 3277.5
+1520~1898
+10% Dmg
+964 Str
+7% IAS (Rerolled from Vit)

The Slanderer
DPS: 3164.8
+1533~1856
+7% Dmg
+861 Str

Also have a Primal Little Rogue with !@#$ty stats...

DPS: 2842
+1560~1940
+1000 Str
+1000 Vit
+23950 Life per Hit

I have no idea what to reroll to even make it useful for this primal..

Do I need to continue farming for new Rogue & Slanderers that gives me AD & IAS with lower dps? Farming these took so long and I was so happy with these ...

Link to see my IB set:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Valon-1453/hero/94484567

Thanks.
11/01/2017 10:43 AMPosted by Enexa
Having the two IAS rolls on your weapons will essentially be wasted slots if you don’t hit the breakpoint

Only if you use BoTP over PE.
11/01/2017 10:54 AMPosted by Valon
Do I need to continue farming for new Rogue & Slanderers that gives me AD & IAS with lower dps? Farming these took so long and I was so happy with these ...

You can reroll the IAS to area damage, it's more important.
%dmg isn't a bad roll, in fact it's better than attack speed and low density aka lower tiers.
Do I need to continue farming for new Rogue & Slanderers that gives me AD & IAS with lower dps?

For now I would try to roll AD on shoulders and gloves and a ring too.
Maybe your profile isn't updated, cause you have no cube items selected.
Run with those until some other ones drop, just the AS will go a long ways.
I'm in the process of trying to gear up to try out the IK HOTA build as I was able to pick up some really nice Istvan's Blades...or I thought they were nice until I realized that AD is just as critical as IAS on the weapon.

Little Rogue
+1520~1898
+10% Dmg
+964 Str

The Slanderer
+1533~1856
+7% Dmg
+861 Str

+1560~1940
+1000 Str
+1000 Vit
+23950 Life per Hit

Link to see my IB set:

Thanks.

All good brother, you did the best you could, you can experiment a bit. You can either get AD everywhere you can and keep them as is, or you can roll of IAS to AD on top of it, play around 10-20 runs with each configuration will give you better picture what performs better. Just as Blackarrows said, get AD where possible. Don't be worry to play with gems, PE and Powerful are both good options. Keep primal as is for now, you will see what will you need more down the road (you may need that vitality, you will roll of lph to something, you may use that Lph with another build like MoTE slam), as is your weapons are pretty solid, you just need to spec the rest for what you have on weapons.

11/01/2017 10:29 AMPosted by Kompotchorap
11/01/2017 06:02 AMPosted by S4v4G3
In other words, 2x 7% ASI on gear (outside of 2x7% IAS on weapons which is pretty much mandatory)

Is it though? Like you said with PE IAS is constantly in flux so striving for breakpoints isn't ideal.
I have played with PE/enchantress buffs/etc. a lot and when comparing 10% dmg (on well rolled ancient) and 7% IAS, they're almost always equal. In fact 10% is slightly better in lower density.
IAS overtakes at like 20-ish PE stacks, so you're right that for ultra high density Rift pushing its indeed better. But I wouldn't call it mandatory.

Speaking about IAS and followers, what is the recommended follower? I was thinking about templar, but the erosion+3% ias on enchantress seems tasty. A blind sword would also be nice for a non cc build. Do we need the 10% generation?

There will be a brakedown on what this IAS on weapons gives you with PE in 10/20/30/40 bleeds, you getting bleeds from several sources, ancients proc it, followed proc it, BL wedding band proc it, sometimes you can underestimate actual amount of bleeds within radius.
11/01/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Kompotchorap

You can reroll the IAS to area damage, it's more important.
%dmg isn't a bad roll, in fact it's better than attack speed and low density aka lower tiers.

11/01/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Blackarrows
Do I need to continue farming for new Rogue & Slanderers that gives me AD & IAS with lower dps?

For now I would try to roll AD on shoulders and gloves and a ring too.
Maybe your profile isn't updated, cause you have no cube items selected.
Run with those until some other ones drop, just the AS will go a long ways.

Little Rogue
+1520~1898
+10% Dmg
+964 Str

The Slanderer
+1533~1856
+7% Dmg
+861 Str

+1560~1940
+1000 Str
+1000 Vit
+23950 Life per Hit

Link to see my IB set:

Thanks.

All good brother, you did the best you could, you can experiment a bit. You can either get AD everywhere you can and keep them as is, or you can roll of IAS to AD on top of it, play around 10-20 runs with each configuration will give you better picture what performs better. Just as Blackarrows said, get AD where possible. Don't be worry to play with gems, PE and Powerful are both good options. Keep primal as is for now, you will see what will you need more down the road (you may need that vitality, you will roll of lph to something, you may use that Lph with another build like MoTE slam), as is your weapons are pretty solid, you just need to spec the rest for what you have on weapons.

Thanks for the feedback & advice. I'm gonna try out the AD route and see how that goes. Thanks again!
Thanks for the build guide S4! I was able to complete a gr104 in 11mins with PE (lvl103 gems). I tend to get better results with PE than BotP so far.....
I'm thorn atm as far as follower goes btw.
I know the difference is miniscule, but I feel I'm doing slightly more damage with enchantress.
While templar is a cc powerhouse and the fury gen is nice, I feel like the extra damage is what I need at higher Grifts (apart from obvious paragons rofl)
Updated attack speed section, made few changes to OP in few spots (average damage and such), made comparison of non IAS/IAS Istvans with PE in density, few things worth to read for sure if you optimizing your gear already

Gonna slay some demons in next couple of evenings fellas, don't expect any big changes to op soon (gameplay tips and tricks will get there around weekend though)