[Guide] 2.61 IK HoTA - Istvans Build

Barbarian
Prev 1 45 46 47 50 Next
Just wanted to say,Thank You. Cleared 100 today with 1 50’s augment. Gear isn’t GG and play self found so very happy. Kadala yes, cube no. The boost helped, obviously, but not as much as the contributors to this thread.
This is, by far, the best group here. Again, thanks to all of you!

Now Leapquake!
Can someone help me decide between these two weapons? My little rogue as 6% IAS fwiw.

https://i.imgur.com/XxFnZ7H.png
01/22/2019 08:45 PMPosted by Foolycooly
Can someone help me decide between these two weapons? My little rogue as 6% IAS fwiw.

https://i.imgur.com/XxFnZ7H.png

Your ancient weapon is way better. The 7% IAS comes out to be approximately a 3.5% damage increase if it gets you to the next break point. Looking at your damage between the weapons and not even considering you can augment the ancient one, your ancient weapon does almost 30% more damage giving you an overall damage increase of 15% because damage alternates between the weapons.

Go ancient.
I've been trying to get The Slanderer for over 6 months now.
I've dropped Little Rogue relatively early and that pumped me to pursuit this build. Don't get me wrong I've been having a blast with it using The Furnace though.
I'm just a little sad because I've dropped duped Little Rogues twice AND also got two of them in the cube by upgrading rares.
At this point I think the game is actively trying to make me give up.
01/23/2019 06:12 AMPosted by DVillain
I've been trying to get The Slanderer for over 6 months now.
I've dropped Little Rogue relatively early and that pumped me to pursuit this build. Don't get me wrong I've been having a blast with it using The Furnace though.
I'm just a little sad because I've dropped duped Little Rogues twice AND also got two of them in the cube by upgrading rares.
At this point I think the game is actively trying to make me give up.

If you upgrade some rare it shouldn't take you long until you get a slanderer. Once you have one, you can always run bounties and then re-roll your legendary. If you re-roll it approximately 10 times, one will be an ancient. Getting a ancient with all the stats you want is another matter.
I will be updating guide over the weekend to reflect seasonal gear choices and few things that have been settled in stone over past few months.

Thank you for all the help here Barb Crew, you guys picked it up where I left it :)
Savage, I have been playing with Animosity paired with Aquilas and using the Templar with fury regen. Going this route I am never really below 100% fury so Aquilas is up all the time. I went this route so I could stand still more and get a better EW damage bonus. You need all 3 to make it worth while. If you run with the enchantress Animosity and aquilas, your aquilas will still drop periodically.

You might want to call this out in the guide for people who are new to the build, it makes it even easier to get started.

Not sure this will be better overall for pushing I will find that out in a week or so. Right now I am still leveling gems and I am running GR105's with this setup in the 8 minute time frame with Damage AD on weapons and no ASI on gear. I also got rid of 1 piece of crit on my ring in favor of LPH (my crit is at 95% all the time) other passives are all offensive. I am also using Falter for now, I will see if I have to add more defense when I push but right now I didn't look like I will need too.
How effective would Phy Rolling Thunder(Create a shockwave that deals 505% weapon damage to all enemies within 22 yards in front of you) play.

1. We can specifically FC to every Oculus ring and tank from the ring for an 85% damage increase.

2. You have 22yds of AoE and every enemy that crits within 20yds easily increases IAS with PE with great ease with one strike.
01/24/2019 10:10 AMPosted by DieHarder
How effective would Phy Rolling Thunder(Create a shockwave that deals 505% weapon damage to all enemies within 22 yards in front of you) play.

1. We can specifically FC to every Oculus ring and tank from the ring for an 85% damage increase.

2. You have 22yds of AoE and every enemy that crits within 20yds easily increases IAS with PE with great ease with one strike.

I have tried it but didn't like it. I believe I had problems with fury because I would hit too many mob with the HotA attack. I would have to go back and double check that to be sure.
01/24/2019 10:26 AMPosted by Felix

I have tried it but didn't like it. I believe I had problems with fury because I would hit too many mob with the HotA attack. I would have to go back and double check that to be sure.

I tried the other night, doesn't have fury issues at all (seems to me only the actual hit counts, not the shockwave), but the damage gap is immense, Fire HotA simply obliterates here. I was caught with this curiosity as well, but unfortunately there's no build variety here, fire is the way to go.
01/24/2019 10:26 AMPosted by Felix

Ok, to start off we can counter the loss of Fury with Superstition and Relentless in order to tank and capitalize on Oculus and modify as needed.

So l would recommend Superstition, Relentless, Ruthless, and Rampage.
01/24/2019 10:44 AMPosted by DieHarder
Ok, to start off we can counter the loss of Fury with Superstition and Relentless in order to tank and capitalize on Oculus and modify as needed.

Right now using fire, I am having zero issues with Fury using the templar and Animosity. I might have to go back and revisit the rolling thunder again. Maybe it was the area effect was quite small and didn't make up for the extra damage that fire does.
01/24/2019 11:17 AMPosted by Felix

Right now using fire, I am having zero issues with Fury using the templar and Animosity. I might have to go back and revisit the rolling thunder again. Maybe it was the area effect was quite small and didn't make up for the extra damage that fire does.

Rolling thunder also have lower proc coefficient than smash, so you “may” be getting less bloodshed procs. Basically any “ranged” skill is nerfed with bloodshed. Yes, oculus is nice BUT bloodshed is like the driving force of this build, synergies very well with the whole ~90% crit chance and high volume of crit damage while sitting in density. And I don’t remember how AD works with Thunder either, but overall physical is not that great. Smash have like 20% dps advantage before any weird or unintended mechanical interaction, that’s already a lot.

Hota runes proc coefs:

0.400 Rolling Thunder
0.667 Smash
0.667 The Devil´s Anvil
0.667 Thunderstrike
0.667 Birthright
01/24/2019 11:17 AMPosted by Felix

Animosity > Relentless.

Making the ideal Passives:

Superstition, Animosity, Ruthless, Rampage.

There seems to be a few intangible at work here. I'm going to this as well as soon as I get my free stash from Seasons.
Back for the patch. I was pushing with F&R + hellfire combo before(done 107).
Right now i did three rifts one after another - 108, 109, 110(2mins left, under 500 EU NS, 1790 para) its nice:), lets see what i can do with some fishing.
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Turakam-2621/hero/7154076
01/25/2019 11:42 AMPosted by Turakam
Back for the patch. I was pushing with F&R + hellfire combo before(done 107).
Right now i did three rifts one after another - 108, 109, 110(2mins left, under 500 EU NS, 1790 para) its nice:), lets see what i can do with some fishing.
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Turakam-2621/hero/7154076

Just playing around I tried a 110 with FnR and I completed it in 14 minutes. I had a really good third level so I had 5 or 6 minutes for the RG. Funny thing was I forgot to swap out a gem for Stricken. I ran with BotP, BotT and Esoteric.
Finally got my 100! Map was pretty decent, and I finished in 9.19.8. Was hoping to have time to do it before the buff, but my playtime did not support it. I guess now I have to move the goal with the buff.
For anyone who wants to try it:

Was having trouble closing 108 in time with Aquila (cube) + berserker rage, I started to notice how my fury was never full when crowded then I was left without toughness and damage. Aquila + berserker felt somehow fragile setup. Switched to mage fist (cube) and brawler, and crushed 108 in 11 mins. I recommend whoever is struggling pushing with this build to try magefist and brawler. Play carefully, walk around to build up defense (EW set) against tough enemies, and unleash hell in fire cycle. Is wise to stop moving before cold cycle to build up damage.
01/26/2019 04:40 PMPosted by Hadd
For anyone who wants to try it:

Was having trouble closing 108 in time with Aquila (cube) + berserker rage, I started to notice how my fury was never full when crowded then I was left without toughness and damage. Aquila + berserker felt somehow fragile setup. Switched to mage fist (cube) and brawler, and crushed 108 in 11 mins. I recommend whoever is struggling pushing with this build to try magefist and brawler. Play carefully, walk around to build up defense (EW set) against tough enemies, and unleash hell in fire cycle. Is wise to stop moving before cold cycle to build up damage.

I had the same issue with Aquila's until I went Animosity with Templar Fury. Now I get to stand still most of the time.
@Felix

Might try that later. Animosity will give me 5% more crit chance while maintaining aquila toughness, which can translate in even more damage (less walking around). Might teste it later, but honestly I enjoyed magefist in cube a lot more.