Constant disconnects and 1016 error after 2.6.1

Technical Support
So here's the deal. I've always played D3 without any problem related to connection whatsoever. Since 2.6.1 came, I'm getting constant disconnects while playing, even when I just enter the game, I get the infamous 1016. Is there any way I could make this error stop? I've asked other players and they don't seem to have this issue
11/04/2017 08:29 AMPosted by DaveMustaine
Is there any way I could make this error stop?

Error 1016 is a generic disconnect error... it only means that you lost connection to the server.... doesn't say why.

There are many reasons why this could occur... unfortunately... and you, or someone else, is going to have to try different things to try and troubleshoot the error. It's not easy, it's even frustrating but... sometimes you get lucky and you find out what's wrong quickly. There are no silver bullet.

If you want to do some troubleshooting, start here:
1) get some connection data: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/27780
2) check your system: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20755796223

Alternatively, you can contact Blizzard support... provide information on your system, and have them suggest things you could try (and then report back on whether or not it solved the issue). You can contact Blizzard Support here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/diablo3/273/277/channels
11/04/2017 09:28 AMPosted by Boubou
11/04/2017 08:29 AMPosted by DaveMustaine
Is there any way I could make this error stop?

Error 1016 is a generic disconnect error... it only means that you lost connection to the server.... doesn't say why.

There are many reasons why this could occur... unfortunately... and you, or someone else, is going to have to try different things to try and troubleshoot the error. It's not easy, it's even frustrating but... sometimes you get lucky and you find out what's wrong quickly. There are no silver bullet.

If you want to do some troubleshooting, start here:
1) get some connection data: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/27780
2) check your system: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20755796223

Alternatively, you can contact Blizzard support... provide information on your system, and have them suggest things you could try (and then report back on whether or not it solved the issue). You can contact Blizzard Support here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/diablo3/273/277/channels

Okay bud, thanks.
I am experiencing the same issues. I have reset the modem, rebooted pc, ipdated drivers, run tracert and I still get constant disconnects.
My husband and I both play D3. We have been having this same issue last night 11/3 during co-op play and individual play. Errors 1016, 1006, 1032. Disconnect happens when logging in to game and/or playing in a rift or greater rift and/or playing at all. This is very frustrating. Can't get in to play or even stay connected long enough to play without being disconnected. No internet outages in the area. Reset Internet and modem, restarted computer, troubleshooted and cleared cookies and cache, added battlenet to approved program for firewall and internet connection. Ugh!
FYI folks there seems to be an issue in So Cal impacting Charter/Spectrum so if you are routed through there it may impact your connections to Blizzard games.
I'm getting the same thing ever since the update. Code 1001 and 1016. The internet is still working on the computer, it only effects the game. In Texas. Before the update, I never had a problem.
I don't realize its an issue.. I play hardcore and my character died on grift 80 when dc...
same here having error code 1016 keep disconnected during gr.Almost finish gr suddenly freeze and disconnected. Spoilt my loot (may be primal) and mood of playing.
Same here error 1016 on Nov 4. It also takes 2 tries to get into a game, the first time just hangs on the loading screen.
I've never had this problem before either. I checked my TaskMngr (I run a pretty tight ship) and even looked at my network. My ping would jump between 150 ms to 790, playing Hardcore for about 20 minutes, but don't wanna risk it. My ping on Overwatch/WoW/HotS is usually 35-60. But Diablo is a whole new beast.
I've had this problem for the past two seasons, came on hoping to see a fix, I see it's only getting worse.
Same, CONSTANT DISCONNECTS! Ping green and normal, it just suddenly game freeze and wait 1 or 2 minutes pop out to the game lobby.
I don't care that i'm hijacking because blizzard is not fixin the website for us to make posts in our own damn areas, much less even visiting the console forums anymore and treat us like crap.

but can a green or blue confirm that we are getting the goblin event like PC???
11/06/2017 09:10 AMPosted by EddieLMT
but can a green or blue confirm that we are getting the goblin event like PC???
You'll find out quick enough... if you're playing on Europe, the event has already started and there's a bonus symbol to the left of the game difficulty.

If you've been hoarding puzzle rings to use during the event....
Note: This buff does not affect the number of goblins encountered via a Bandit Shrine, Goblin “Rift” packs, or in the Realm of Greed.
but I'm pretty sure that I was getting double goblins in the Vault when the portal was opened by a goblin (but not from puzzle rings).

So... good luck to you.... I don't think this event is gonna go down in history as one of the most exciting event.
Sorry for necroing, but am getting exactly the same (EU HC season). 1016 disconnects all the way (incl. some complete resets, where after re-logging in, I will see splash info screens that should only appear on your first ever log in).

Highly frustrating when you are in Tristram in lvl 14 (almost there), or just one elite pack away from finishing a gr.

The game is currently completely unplayable for me.
Dear Bliz,
thx again for the update of Hero of the Storm. Well D3 crashed and my HC Char died in a 106...but who cares. Thx again for the great job and the paid respect to the HC community.
Sorry if I'm necro-ing, but this is still an ongoing problem, and I can't seem to find anything addressing whether or not anything is being done about it. I see this post was first made back in November, and it's February at this point. I don't know all the details on how an issue like this gets resolved or how long it takes, but this does seem a little excessive to have gone this long without so much as a "hey guys, we know about the problem and we're trying to fix it".

I've been looking to see if there's anyone who's figured out what's going on, and I've seen a few posts related to this exact issue for D3. I've owned this game for a few years now and up until I picked the game up again a few days ago, this was never an issue for me. I doubt it's anything on my end either, since my internet connection is stable and quite strong, plus anything else that requires being online still works perfectly. Heck, I can still log into the Blizzard App, and even message my friends while in-game, even after I've been 1016'd! Also, I see that there was an earlier greenpost about some kind of issue in SoCal impacting Charter/Spectrum. Is that still ongoing, whatever that issue may be?
Hey Laminas :
02/14/2018 12:37 AMPosted by Laminas
I've been looking to see if there's anyone who's figured out what's going on,
Unless your computer is plugged in directly into the Blizzard servers, you have to rely on the Internet to bring your data to Blizzard and back; any of the dozen or so relays your data have to navigate through can have a hiccup or become congested, and that can cause some issues.

Also, since we're no longer running DOS 2.1 (yeah, I know, I'm old), there are a multitude of programs and services and processes running on your computer... all vying for your CPU, GPU and in some cases, your network adapter. Anyone of those start misbehaving... and you're in for some fun trying to troubleshoot the issue.

The advice I gave above ( https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759250933#post-2 ) is still valid... the only thing I would change is in the last paragraph. Instead of
11/04/2017 09:28 AMPosted by Boubou
Alternatively, you can contact Blizzard support
, I would now say "If all of the above does not work and you still have issues, contact Blizzard support".

Blizzard has a stickied conversation at the top of this forum on latency and disconnect... I like the 1st sentence of the last conversation:
Connection issues can be very frustrating to try to diagnose on your own.
No kidding !!!!
I have a Question as well, I understand that we will have disconnects, but I have an idea that will help so that it can prevent this from happening so often. I say let there be a shadowed local connection that is on the local machine that is locked but will still allow the game to play even if the path that reaches your connection that it would have a virtual local connection that it can use when issue come like this and disrupt game play. I also noticed as other have as well is the fact that after you reconnect to the game it goes back to patch 2.6.0 and acts like it is the fresh patch and then corrects it once you get to the part where you select your game level and it will start back again. Any Ideas on that? I have lost over about 50 greater rift keys during this debacle. Do you guys think that blizzard should place regional server to help balance the load coming from your area so that it can run more efficiently.