Akkhan Condemn GR100+ Crusader Build

Crusader
Prev 1 11 12 13 18 Next
11/22/2017 06:12 AMPosted by Doom
11/22/2017 01:25 AMPosted by Romano
Pushed myself passed gr100 (top ten on xbone) last night with my off meta condemn. Not bad, not bad at all.

Congrats

No bots on consoles makes the game more manageable for super casuals like me :)
11/21/2017 04:01 PMPosted by Landy
Can you please explain what you're saying here? What is >2x internet delay or integer aliquot of 500ms?
So, your internet connection has a delay, which is shown at the low right corner in D3. The "pressing penalty" (or press lock) mechanism seems rely on this delay. If you press Condemn slower than twice the delay time, the "penalty" won't trigger.

And since the iCD of Condemn is 500ms, then you just need to press Condemn every 500/N ms, where N is an integer, and make sure this pressing interval is longer than twice your internet delay.

Let's say your internet delay is 100ms, then you can press Condemn every 250ms, and you'll be casting Condemn every 500ms or 750ms (in cases D3 didn't respond at 500ms, which rarely happens).
11/22/2017 10:36 AMPosted by WorkWorkWork
So, your internet connection has a delay, which is shown at the low right corner in D3. The "pressing penalty" (or press lock) mechanism seems rely on this delay. If you press Condemn slower than twice the delay time, the "penalty" won't trigger.

And since the iCD of Condemn is 500ms, then you just need to press Condemn every 500/N ms, where N is an integer, and make sure this pressing interval is longer than twice your internet delay.

Let's say your internet delay is 100ms, then you can press Condemn every 250ms, and you'll be casting Condemn every 500ms or 750ms (in cases D3 didn't respond at 500ms, which rarely happens).

Awesome. Thank you for clarifying!

FWIW, I've tried 250ms in the past and I tried it just now as well. My ping is around ~80ms but it just doesn't work for me. It casts Condemn every 750ms without fail.

I was able to to get more success at 300ms interval than I ever was with 600ms interval (36 frames). Previously it would only consistently work at 617ms (37 frames). I tried dropping down a frame to 584ms (292ms interval) but it only had a ~50% success rate.
Strange, my ping is ~100ms, and 250ms interval works for me, less than 10% fail rate. Anyway, finding the shortest interval for you is the best.
235ms intervals seemed the most reliable when i tested it. Once you go lower than 230 or higher than 260 you start running into issues.
How are you guys dividing up your paragon points?
Doom,

We seem to be about the same in gear and paragon. I put all into STR and was able to do GR103 but felt super squishy. I put enough point in to reach 800k health just for quality of life gaming so I don't feel like a twig in a hurricane. Helps a lot and working towards GR105.

You can still augment a few pieces like your boots, gloves etc to break into the 17k mainstat.

Cheers,
CC-
11/24/2017 04:46 AMPosted by CaptainCarl
Doom,

We seem to be about the same in gear and paragon. I put all into STR and was able to do GR103 but felt super squishy. I put enough point in to reach 800k health just for quality of life gaming so I don't feel like a twig in a hurricane. Helps a lot and working towards GR105.

You can still augment a few pieces like your boots, gloves etc to break into the 17k mainstat.

Cheers,
CC-

Thanks
Cannot play with the Hexing pants version in gr100+, get wrecked immediately by anything and everything. So I switched back to the Endless Walk version and immediately cleared a 101 with over a minute to spare. Will stick to what works for me atm.
Btw, it's a great pleasure to play a Condemn + Invoker combo in groups. The two builds work so well together.
11/25/2017 02:27 AMPosted by Romano
Cannot play with the Hexing pants version in gr100+, get wrecked immediately by anything and everything. So I switched back to the Endless Walk version and immediately cleared a 101 with over a minute to spare. Will stick to what works for me atm.
Btw, it's a great pleasure to play a Condemn + Invoker combo in groups. The two builds work so well together.

I just did the same. Went to Hexing pants and noticed a considerable DPS jump but once i got to 104 was was getting wrecked. I'm getting lazy not moving around in my old age lol.

Switched to String of Ears in belt and Leorics in cube and felt considerably more durable. Just cleared 105 today first try after switching up gear. Felt good.

Cheers,
CC-
[/quote]

I just did the same. Went to Hexing pants and noticed a considerable DPS jump but once i got to 104 was was getting wrecked. I'm getting lazy not moving around in my old age lol.

Switched to String of Ears in belt and Leorics in cube and felt considerably more durable. Just cleared 105 today first try after switching up gear. Felt good.

Cheers,
CC-[/quote]

Is there a trick to not die when using Hexing I die like crazy battling the Rift Guardian.
Is there a trick to not die when using Hexing I die like crazy battling the Rift Guardian.

Not really but when I see the oculus circle I just run into it and spin in circles. I think overall I don't recommend the Hexing pants at 105+ if you have less then 2K paragon. Just to big of a hit on your toughness and I feel you don't get those valuable seconds next to the elite during your CoE cycle since you are constantly bobbing and weaving.

Cheers,
CC-

Not really but when I see the oculus circle I just run into it and spin in circles. I think overall I don't recommend the Hexing pants at 105+ if you have less then 2K paragon. Just to big of a hit on your toughness and I feel you don't get those valuable seconds next to the elite during your CoE cycle since you are constantly bobbing and weaving.

Cheers,
CC-
Thanks, If there isn't a trick it doesn't seem worth using Hexing. I like the damage I deal throughout the rift, but killing the rig guardian is like taking on Godzilla.
Would all res be preferable on helm over vit? Cant decide which one to roll off. I mean vit can be always balanced with para points while all res cant.
11/25/2017 04:47 PMPosted by Doom

Cheers,
CC-
Thanks, If there isn't a trick it doesn't seem worth using Hexing. I like the damage I deal throughout the rift, but killing the rig guardian is like taking on Godzilla.

cleared 110 today with hexing.

tbh like u said urself, without hexing, bosses+some elites takes ridiculous amount of time to take down.

In order to keep 95% uptime on hex pants, u must run smite reaping instead of slash guard for orb walking and smoother weaving.

just fyi, u will be needing 3rd party assistance(keyboard, mouse macros) in order to get it rolling, and it takes 500 times more effort than playing the stat stick leoric crown version.

i would only recommend it if ur pushing for top 30 on LB where min-maxing is the only way to come out on top, otherwise dont bother, it is fkn exhausting to do it right lol
Here I am struggling in the low 90s and you guys are mid 110s.

Phew. I guess after I augment I'll have to check back and see where I stack up.
11/26/2017 04:14 AMPosted by lightstorm
Would all res be preferable on helm over vit? Cant decide which one to roll off. I mean vit can be always balanced with para points while all res cant.

I don't think so, unless you are like 4k+ Paragon. It's debatable on the shoulders but 1k vit is pretty big, especially when you wanna ideally go without vit on hands and shield (and weapon ofc).
Btw, a EU crusader downed gr 122 today. It's an absolute record for the solo ladder.

UPD. Same with Asian region - 122 with slightly better time.

P.S. What about Area Damage ? I saw some high rank players with some extra AD in their gear ( including this EU player, who creared 122 ).
11/27/2017 10:24 AMPosted by WarMovie
Btw, a EU crusader downed gr 122 today. It's an absolute record for the solo ladder.

UPD. Same with Asian region - 122 with slightly better time.

P.S. What about Area Damage ? I saw some high rank players with some extra AD in their gear ( including this EU player, who creared 122 ).

Someone should make a youtube video on whether or not Condemn scores the area damage. Would dispel a lot of urban legends regarding the build.
Landy tested it and concluded it works on all explosions

Btw, its such a shame legacy string of ears doesn't stack with current one.