Numlock trick vs permanent mages

Necromancer
Im just wonder if devs, which think is "fun" cast summons every few secs know how they fail hard when you notice most people use the numlock trick...

I see it in every necro rathma video...

Maybe its time to change your mind devs... Face it, wasnt a good idea, just admit and correct your mistake.
Who the hell uses numlock for mages after they fixed 6p set bonus and you only need 4 mages for dmg buff cap? That numlock is very handy for devour, but mages should be casted manually if you use Singularity.
you really dont want to put mages , and especially singularity mages on numlock, you want to cast during poison to have 10 fully charged mages for physical, sometimes you're fine with 4 or 6 if you're in transit and you want to keep that essence etc
10/09/2017 02:13 AMPosted by eleridian
mages should be casted manually if you use Singularity.

Not really. You can get them to max essence by simply holding down your left click ability until the time is right to release. I always numlock the mages.
10/09/2017 08:13 PMPosted by Bodach
Not really. You can get them to max essence by simply holding down your left click ability until the time is right to release. I always numlock the mages.

Good luck standing still generating essense while somewhere near GR 100. I did 96 and was close to beat 97 (terrible layout) and I was running like hell. Besides, when using LotD, you will gain essense faster using Devour, rather than Bone Spikes (at least when there are less than 3 enemies hit with Reilena's).
So I can't really agree that mages on auto-cast has more profit.

If we are talking about playing on 8* GR then there is not much difference how to play, that's true.
10/09/2017 02:13 AMPosted by eleridian
Who the hell uses numlock for mages after they fixed 6p set bonus and you only need 4 mages for dmg buff cap? That numlock is very handy for devour, but mages should be casted manually if you use Singularity.

When you think of it, autocast completely make Devour aura obsoleted. The fact everyone is using the autocast for Devour make it obvious that the design is flawed. Well, everyone except for a few sad individuals who watching Netflix while playing the game...
What's the num lock trick? Set mages to left mouse button and hold down? Someone had to ask...
10/10/2017 10:35 AMPosted by rigs
What's the num lock trick? Set mages to left mouse button and hold down? Someone had to ask...

You can auto-cast 1 ability, as per my understanding, by binding it to the numpad! Most people choose Devour-Satiate!
10/10/2017 10:35 AMPosted by rigs
Someone had to ask...

Well, someone has to google it :D

10/10/2017 11:01 AMPosted by Raggamuffin
You can auto-cast 1 ability, as per my understanding, by binding it to the numpad!

2 abilities confirmed, same technique but 2 buttons simultaneously.

10/10/2017 08:45 AMPosted by Neogeo
When you think of it, autocast completely make Devour aura obsoleted. The fact everyone is using the autocast for Devour make it obvious that the design is flawed.

Design of aura IS flawed but not due numlock trick, but due to whole concept of the skill - keeping distance fighting (Rathma, first set you get by completing seasonal tasks) and getting close to consume corpses (even with all buffs size of aura is mediocre at best).
10/10/2017 03:22 AMPosted by eleridian
10/09/2017 08:13 PMPosted by Bodach

Good luck standing still generating essense while somewhere near GR 100. I did 96 and was close to beat 97 (terrible layout) and I was running like hell. Besides, when using LotD, you will gain essense faster using Devour, rather than Bone Spikes (at least when there are less than 3 enemies hit with Reilena's).
So I can't really agree that mages on auto-cast has more profit.

If we are talking about playing on 8* GR then there is not much difference how to play, that's true.

I suppose, but your method is still inefficient in that you're wasting corpses while full in essence. Numlocking mages avoids this problem, and you can still run around using your left click to pause the creation of a mage; simply can't force move with the mouse wheel. It's just a better system.
10/12/2017 07:50 AMPosted by Bodach
your method is still inefficient in that you're wasting corpses while full in essence

I don't waste anything because I hold LMB while moving, I don't click. While pushing I always have some spare corpses and globes most of the time (when I am already at >70% of essence).

Numlocking mages avoids this problem

Yes but it starts another problem - uncontrolled mage spam will eventually end up in unability to cast skeletons to proc full Krysbin on a certain mob.

But I believe both approaches are possible if you control auto-cast.
10/13/2017 12:16 AMPosted by eleridian
your method is still inefficient in that you're wasting corpses while full in essence

I don't waste anything because I hold LMB while moving, I don't click. While pushing I always have some spare corpses and globes most of the time (when I am already at >70% of essence).

Numlocking mages avoids this problem

Yes but it starts another problem - uncontrolled mage spam will eventually end up in unability to cast skeletons to proc full Krysbin on a certain mob.

But I believe both approaches are possible if you control auto-cast.

I haven't had any issues with command skel activation; since that also is numlocked. I only have to target once. Run around the rest of the time while pausing mages, and unpausing at essence capacity. Theoretically my method is better; you are simply describing errors one would create while playing it badly. Meanwhile I am not wasting corpses, and can grab a huge boost of cannibalize instantly when needed.
@Bodach:
Would you mind posting your key bindings? Especially, how do you assign 'Force move'. Do you use it via keyboard or mouse?
I'd really like to give your technique a try.